That saucy tease!
MY SELF-MARRIAGE VOWS REVEALED
Last year I was in Thailand studying dance, ritual and Tantra at the Mystical Dance School of my teacher and friend, Monika Nataraj. One of the first rituals of the curriculum was Self-Marriage.
As a group we were guided in a ceremony.
We honored the goddess within.
We honored the god within.
And then we were married to ourselves!
It was truly a potent experience, with Monika officiating the ceremony like a holy mother figure guiding us to true self-love and completeness, with our feminine and masculine sides in divine union with each other. Doesn’t that sound great?! What a relief to know we can have this inner unity.
The inner union and intrinsic wholeness symbolized by a Self-Marriage is a truth I’ve desperately needed to come back to in my journey of intense grief accompanying my divorce.
I was struck with a realization—I wanted to rewrite my wedding vows from my marriage, devoting them to MYSELF!
How would I adapt them, I wondered? Only one way to find out.
I took my pen to them and here’s the result:
Jena’s Self-Marriage Vows
1. I vow to love myself unconditionally, with all my heart and soul, forever. I belong to the Mother Earth. 💓💓💓
2. I vow to honor and protect my freedom as a sovereign, whole and complete, self-reliant being. 🌊🌊🌊
3. I vow to be aware of my projections, to own my shadow, and to remind myself of my higher Self whenever I forget who I am. I vow to embrace all of my shadow and all of my light, with compassion. 👸👸👸
4. I vow to constantly grow and evolve, and to be transparent with my desires and intentions. I vow to support my growth and evolution, in whichever direction I choose to go. 🧭🧭🧭
5. I vow to foster my vision and enthusiastically engage in a co-creative dance with existence, in service of Pachamama, Mother Earth, and her future generations, and the health and wealth of my family and Tribe. 🌲🌲🌲
6. I vow to honor the needs and desires of my holy sensual animal body temple, for nourishment, rest, rejuvenation, and sacred pleasure. I vow to embrace the full scope of my sensuality and sexuality in the spirit of Erotic Innocence. 🌬️ 🌬️ 🌬️
7. I vow to be a loving and devoted parent to my inner child. 🌹🌹🌹
8. I vow my devotion to the unity of the divine feminine and divine masculine within. ♾️♾️♾️
9. I vow constantly see life as sacred, and to celebrate the sacred every day, in prayer, song, laughter, music and dance. 💃💃💃
10. I vow to honor myself as a medicine woman on the path of the medicine wheel, as an embodied spirit, here to heal the world, and build peace and harmony. 🌎🌎🌎
11. I vow to have transparency with my life journey with my community and chosen family, who are my safe haven, and the fellow weavers of the new reality that we are co-creating together. 👭👬👭
Voila, the self-marriage vows.
Oh yes, I do!
Now I may kiss the bride! (Imagine me smooching myself. Haha.)
These vows are no joke commitments!
I take them on, and I invite your witnessing as I give them my best shot.
My ex and I were really proud of the vows that we crafted together, from which mine have been adapted. We vowed to love each other forever, not to marry forever, knowing that things change in time. That was wise!
However, the inner marriage really is until your last breath.
My inner god and goddess will be consorts until the end. My body and my mind will be dancing together until the last track.
They say the best way to get over someone is to get under someone else. Right now, that “someone else” needs to be myself. I’m talking radical Self-love, BABY! That includes self-compassion, self-care, self-pleasure and more.
It’s my birthday coming up and that seems like a good time to speak my vows out loud in a personal ceremony. I’ll let you know how it goes!
With love, Jena
The self-love never ends, as Jena wishes herself HAPPY BIRTHDAY again and again and again!
HARVEST QUEEN BIRTHDAY GIRL 🥂
It’s my birthday today. Happy birthday to me! 🎉🥂
I find myself in the sunshine on the porch of my ginger bread-esque house in a majestic redwood grove in California, feeling very blessed to be here to welcome in a new solar cycle. ☀️🌎
My birthday corresponds to the pagan celebration of Lammas, one of the 8 spokes of the wheel of the year, that lies halfway between the Summer Solstice and the Autumn Equinox. It is a portal in which to celebrate the glory of the golden Harvest time, which is the theme I’ve chosen for my coming year—harvest. 🌻
Last birthday I choose the theme of “rebirth” for my year. I feel that intention culminated three weeks ago when I got divorced and gave birth to myself anew as a single, sovereign being. When I chose the theme rebirth, what I had in mind was “creating” and generating something new. I didn’t realize how much loss, grief, letting go would come along with the process or how painful it would be. Deep breath. Now I know! 🤷♀️🤷♀️🤷♀️
Now I’m reborn, and ready to harvest the fruits of my growth.
From the mud of my being and my circumstances, I’m ready to burst forth as the lotus flower I know I am. (We all are.) 🌺🌺🌺
In my ancestral Nature-based traditions, at the beginning of August is the holiday of Lammas when the Celtic Sun God is celebrated, representing the enrichment and growth energy offered by the sun all summer long. ☀️
Now, as the sun begins to wane, the Mother Earth bears her bounty of delicious fruits and grains. Yummy! 🍉🍇🌾
With the harvest we learn that in order to gain from our hard work, we must let go of the old and allow the transformation into the new.
The Sun God is also the God of Lightening and storms. Decisions are called for that seem hard, because they require old comforts to fall away. We celebrate the summer storms that have cleared the sky anew. 🌈🌈🌈
I will celebrate my birthday with feasting, dancing, and a Lammas Harvest ritual with friends to embrace the wisdom of the holiday. 💃🙌
I declare myself the Harvest Queen! 👑
If you want to claim your own harvest–of your divine femme power, your sensuality, your sexuality, and more–then step into the circle and hold my hand. I’m here to call you to fulfill the longing of your soul to live with body confidence and oodles of sexual satisfaction. 🔥🔥🔥
As naturally as an apple will ripen to be juicy, crisp and delicious all at once, so it’s your nature to enjoy your body, and experience turn on as a common state of being that infuses your whole life. ✨✨✨
I’m here to activate a confident bounce in your step, and to initiate your Erotic Innocence to come to the forefront of your life.
If you feel the call to have this now, apply for a free Breakthrough session with me here at www.PleasureConsult.com
Thank you for your birthday blessings. May you hear this Leo roar in the year to come! ♌🦁
To the harvesting of our dreams come true, in divine timing. 💎💎💎
Nice job getting the grift in there.
RBD wishes you a very happy birthday, Jena, from the mud of your being to the abortion smeared across your face.
Is Bea any relation to Jean Brodie?