Sad Rat in Sidewalk shared a new VF piece that helps to explain Judy’s “edgy, bisexual bravery.” If a feminine wants to attract wealthy Silicon Valley masculine trash, she clearly has to up the sexual ante, as Sad Rat notes. The piece gives a clearer picture of what went down at the recent Wild Weasels free-for-all, and yes, WW took place in La La Land and not Silicon Valley.

To be clear, there is a wide range of parties for experimental sexual behavior. Some, devoted entirely to sex, may be drug- and alcohol-free (to encourage safety and performance) and demand a balanced gender ratio. Others are very heavy on drugs and women and usually end in group “cuddle puddles,” a gateway to ever-so-slightly more discreet sexual encounters.

Men show up only if directly invited by the host, and they can often bring as many women as they want, but guys can’t come along as plus-ones. (That would upset the preferred gender ratio.) Invitations are shared via word of mouth, Facebook, Snapchat (perfect, because messages soon disappear), or even basic Paperless Post. Nothing in the wording screams “sex party” or “cuddle puddle,” in case the invitation gets forwarded or someone takes a screenshot. Besides, there’s no need to spell things out; the guests on the list understand just what kind of party this is. Women too will spread the word among their female friends, and the expectations are hardly hidden. “They might say, ‘Do you want to come to this really exclusive hot party? The theme is bondage,’ ” one female entrepreneur told me. “ ‘It’s at this V.C. or founder’s house and he asked me to invite you.’ ”

This has a familiar ring:

There is an often told story that Silicon Valley is filled with women looking to cash in by marrying wealthy tech moguls. Whether there really is a significant number of such women is debatable. The story about them is alive and well, however, at least among the wealthy men who fear they might fall victim. In fact, these guys even have a term for the women who pursue them: founder hounders.

Jennifer Russell, who was with Donkey over the holibrays, has defended Rabbi Rapist Marc Gafni on many an occasion and is married to creepster Bryan Franklin, AKA Chester the Molester. Russell, of course, defends the sexual exploitation that goes down at Camp Septic:

When I spoke about Silicon Valley’s sex parties—specifically those where women vastly outnumber men—with Elisabeth Sheff, a Chattanooga-based writer and professor who has spent two dec­ades researching open relationships, her reaction was heated: “That’s exploitation. That’s old-school, fucked-up masculine arrogance and borderline prostitution,” she said. “The men don’t have to prostitute themselves, because they have the money. . . . ‘I should be able to have sex with a woman because I’m a rich guy.’ That is not even one particle progressive; that is the same tired bullshit. It’s trying to blend the new and keeping the old attitudes, and those old attitudes are based in patriarchy, so they come at the expense of women.”

Jennifer Russell, who runs the established Camp Mystic at Burning Man, is more sympathetic. “Men and women are equally drawn to creating a structure that invites their full sexual expression, and events like this are a safe place to dabble,” she says. “It’s way better than a swingers’ club would feel because this is at a home and you are surrounded by people you know.”

People like Bry, who’s been called out repeatedly for taking off his clothes and rubbing up against the youngest women (not Donkey) at dirtfests? Is this the “safe place” of which you speak, Jen?

132 Responses to Donkey’s “Bisexuality” Explained In Vanity Fair Piece On Silicon Valley Sleaze, Featuring Camp Septic & Jennifer Russell

1. Grammarian Emeritus says:

afghani, holding space for you for first!!!11!!!11!!!

2. Gilly Blake, CEO, Donkey Disparagement Industry Gilly Blake, CEO, Donkey Disparagement Industry says:

Re: the sex parties, didn’t Donkey throw an erotic free-for-all for some entrepreneur she was banging? Saharima Roenisch told us about that party, and that Donkey was getting down and dirty with a lookalike feminine in one of the side rooms, but I need to leave and can’t look for the post.

• Mrs. Gilly Blake says:

Yep, that’s it. Donk was banging PayPal’s Ken Howery on the DL and threw him a private party similar to the ones discussed in the VF article. She really is gold digging trash, although I’m at a loss to explain Chad McNally. Maybe she thought it would give her some sort of street cred with Silicon Valley woos.

• Sad Rat In Sidewalk says:

That’s the party I was thinking of when I read the VF article. It explains so much about Donk’s current incarnation.

• Winchester House of Fauxtoshoots, Microphones & Ghosted Book Deals says:

Is this when the rumor started that she was a pro?

• Gilly Blake, CEO, Donkey Disparagement Industry Gilly Blake, CEO, Donkey Disparagement Industry says:

That rumor can be dated back to her Carrie Bradshaw 2.0 days in NYC.

• Sad Rat In Sidewalk says:

That rumor also went around about a few women in Donk’s circles, too (one in particular), and I think I’ve figured it out. They weren’t hookers, but they accepted compensation from high-end matchmaking services to go on dates with wealthy older men. This explains why Donk sucked up to some matchmakers back in the day.

• The Nose Knows says:

At least some were unsubtle in their hunts for sugar daddies

• Mrs. Gilly Blake says:

That rumor has heavily followed Donkey’s Mess Despised co-star Amy Laurent. She worked as a “membership consultant” at one of the Washington Sports Clubs when I lived in DC. It was common knowledge the consultants were high end hookers who also worked at the owner’s strip clubs.

• JB's new year says:

The craziest part of that post was how many people were so confident that Hillary would win the next day. Shudder

3. LickedRandisCake says:

Yes, being in someone’s creepy sex house is MUCH better than being in someone’s creepy swinger’s club.

• Malformed Face says:

Yeah, I gotta say, if I’m gonna get wild, the less people that know about it, the better. I guess since none of these losers have jobs, there’s less worry about being stigmatized in any way.

• Abort, Abort says:

I don’t think any of these dingbats really get that this is nothing but the newest incarnation of 70s swingers meets 80s yuppy sellouts. But, they’re painfully oblivious to their own lack of originality. At least the peace and love hippies were original.

It’s mind-boggling that not a single one of these “experts” have done any sort of historical study of their field. I’d have more respect for them if their ignorance was merely feigned in an effort to lure converts. Instead, their ignorance is the only thing authentic about them.

• Abort, Abort says:

Um, can someone please put up the bat signal?! I need Gilly or an admin. I didn’t realize I wasn’t logged in on this device

• Abort, Abort says:

Irony – commenting on ignorance while engaged in it. Halp pleaz.

You just need a name change? I can change to Abort, Abort right now and then need to feed my family. You can also email me at gillyblakejourno @yahoo.com.

• Abort, Abort says:

Thank you, hon! What are they eating? I’ll get my keys right now and do some grocery shopping. It might just be 12-36 hours to drive it over, depending on distance and snow.

4. Frequent Liar Miles says:

“Nubile” is the last adjective I would apply to Donkey, since she is neither
    “1) marriageable condition or age ·nubile young women,” or

“2) sexually attractive —used of a young woman ·a nubile starlet,” especially in that last picture, where she looks about 50 despite the Lolita sunglasses.

• Mrs. Gilly Blake says:

I needed a qualifier when putting that remark near a photo of Franklin and Donk because she definitely doesn’t fall under “nubile.” Smellsberg’s partner in slime has been roundly castigated on social media for coming on to the youngest women attending these dirtfests. Even Michael “ Fozzie” Jacobs called him out when doing his first Boulder flounce.

The preferred gender ratio obviously is more-than-one+ female-on-male, but these dim hooker bints don’t dare acknowledge that; they’d rather pretend that they’re fiercely & bravely changing relationship dynamics, girl-gang style, while they blatantly exploit their own damn selves.

BTW, is this how Myka met her man & why Donk acts like she has a burr in her hoof?

• Mrs. Gilly Blake says:

No idea re Donk and Myka, but the recent Wild Weasels changing-the-world “sensual” shitshow had both women in attendance, as well as a 4 to 1 ratio of women to men. The description of that event reads exactly like the coded invitations for the sex parties discussed in the VF article.

6. darling dearest is over this shit says:

so these founder hounders — does it still work?

Like, does marriage or a long term relationship ever come out of these parties?

• Mrs. Gilly Blake says:

Doubtful, and if anything lasting longer than one week does come out of these sex parties, polyamory is part of the prenup.

• Aggressively Stupid says:

Seems more like how to become a founder’s side piece.

• Jenna's Lyons says:

This article pissed me off. I am in no way a Silicon Valley cheerleader as one can get, but it pretty much read to me like:

“I went to a drug fueled orgy with some well connected tech founders hoping to get funding or a promotion and all I got was this hangover and a UTI. Sexism!!!11!!! Exploitation!!!111!!!!!!111!!!! #metoo!!”

• Donkey's Calcified Pineal Gland says:

It didn’t piss me off for those reasons, but for the fact that Vanity Fair now publishes pieces by writers better suited to xo.jane.

7. The Nose Knows says:

On the positive side, it’s only a matter time before they all wind up sterile and unable to reproduce, thanks to the raging STDs they’ve got to be passing among each other.

8. Wolf, Hemmningway & Khaat Whores says:

Funny how men and Ali Scamti have found a way to legitimize fucking around.

9. BeepBeepBoopBeepBeep. I Am A Robot says:

I never understood how playing into the patriarchy’s wildest fantasies (women outnumbering men) makes a woman a liberated goddess.

Can’t imagine anything different is going on at these cuddle puddles than what Jennifer Connelly’s character experienced at the conclusion of “Requiem for a Dream”

• Razzmatazz says:

It’s the same utopian bullshit fantasy that makes these tech guys think they are something other than ruthless businessmen.

• Ruby Two Feet says:

No wonder they pay each other for their women empowerment retreats all the time. If they can’t tell each other how divine shakti they all are, they would fucking realize how much damage they do to themselves. Jesus Christ. I would like all of them to stay the hell away from my daughter.

• Winchester House of Fauxtoshoots, Microphones & Ghosted Book Deals says:

The oldest profession in the book got a woo make-over. Guys who can’t get laid have women held captive. Also see: Playboy Mansion (pre-hef-death).

10. Helena (Kismet Shamanatrix, CEO of PriestessSensei Inc.) says:

Very jealous of all the sexy sex these sexy goddesses of sex are having. High status markers, anyone?

Now that I got this off my chest, I want to echo Stalker’s “I LOVE YOU” comment from the last post. This place is THE BEST. Something has prompted me recently to spend a bit of time not commenting much, just reading here and going through the archives now and then, and it just confirmed what I already knew: THE BEST. There is so much fun and knowledge and solidarity and brilliance and chill and kindness and wisdom and screaming-laugh-out-loud fun in this group of angry haters, it is by far my favorite internet hangout. And amazingly, it has been going on for years and years.

I may not be around too often these days, but I’m always looking forward to popping back in when I can. Thank you, Gilly, for all that you do, and thank you, all the basement dwellers who make the magic happen. Happy new year to all of you. I LOVE YOU ALL THREE HEART EMOTICONS IN Z FORMATION.

• Failed Mercedes C Class Leasee says:

Has anyone heard from KS? (Kracken Skulls, maybe?)

Helena, if your New Year’s Resolution was something like Step Away from the Amusing Distraction that is RBD so you can concentrate on your desk errands, you have made the wrong choice. Like who else will be as invested in the whole tea towels drama?

11. Aggressively Stupid says:

Remember when Charles Forman did a whole presentation at a tech conference about girls with a founder fetish that was directly aimed at a Donkey? That was like ten years ago and not a damned thing has changed.

12. Razzmatazz says:

Tits out for the Tech Bros.

13. Whatever says:

So interesting these nerds are making up for all banging they couldn’t get when they were young. 30 and 40’s and pulling the Peter Pan bullshit is just that bullshit, nothing new they created the hashtag and this gives them the right to be a jerk. Really treating women like shit basically men can screw around get blowjobs from random strangers but a woman being sexually opened gets the door slammed and can’t get opportunities. Yeah basically nothing new and that J. The hag Russell quote is stupid coming from a stupid bitch with no brain cells, lay off the drugs hag.

• Wolf, Hemmningway & Khaat Whores says:

So when men get old & rich they get to bang the young women that wouldn’t give them the time of day when they were young & poor.

What a novel idea!!!

Tho feminist……..

14. Razzmatazz says:

Franklin rolling en playa … always enjoy that. Dude looks like he’s going chew his fucking face off.

He is one tubby stump. Or one stumpy tub; can’t decide. Ordinarily I wouldn’t body snark* but he is so self-satisfied and thinking he’s hot in his stupid red stretch-garments (and those mirrored aviators; does he think he’s Burning Man’s answer to Peter Fonda in Easy Rider?) that I have been provoked into taking the low road, this one time. Stumpy tub! Tubby stump!

*note to self: shut up, FLM you always body snark

15. JB's new year says:

Can you imagine how different this article would’ve been written by a man? It captures all of the nuance of patriarchy at work here, including how men use the concept of gold diggers to justify predatory behavior.

16. Donkey's Calcified Pineal Gland says:

The irony here is strong. If Donkey wants a monogamous marriage with children as she told Choad, and if the facts in this VF story are true, she could not have set herself up in the worst possible situation to get what she wants. She is the queen of self-sabotage. It really does seem her last resort is to find some born-again, prosperity gospel religious nut and convince him she has decided to cast out the false gods and turn to Jesus. Is mean, what else is left?

• BeepBeepBoopBeepBeep. I Am A Robot says:

Think how different her life would be (or right on target for what she desires) if she just enrolled on J-Date?

EVERYTHING!!!!

17. Timgolayo says:

Well, if you can’t get a job in tech, and can’t write about tech, and can’t date anyone in tech, perhaps you can find a tech bro who’ll allow you to give him a blowjob or– if you’re lucky– will let you kiss your straight female friend in front of him.

So empowered! So feminist!

18. Gilly Blake, CEO, Donkey Disparagement Industry Gilly Blake, CEO, Donkey Disparagement Industry says:

Ryan Allis is selling his SF digs. If only it had four bedrooms … Julia and Devin shopping for their Bay Area home – NEVER FORGET!

Friends–

Six years ago… I bought my home in San Francisco from Max Ventilla from a Facebook post. The time has come for me to sell my house, and I’m hoping to keep it in the family!

I’ll be putting my home, The Starship, at 15 Seward St in Eureka Valley, San Francisco on the market for sale in January. Before I list it officially list it on the market, I wanted to offer it first to my friends and friends of friends.

Here’s the web site to see photos: http://15SewardSt.com

If you know of anyone who would like a tour, please tag them or introduce me. I’ll be giving tours tomorrow afternoon (Saturday) to anyone who is interested.

Also, boyman Allis and Donkey BFF Rebecca Thienmann are no more. Geez, Judy, how did you let this one get away, especially when he was funding your vacations from vacation-itis?

What is that…place…they are in? Soiled beige foam-stuffed microfiber furnishings are somehow acceptable in these circles? Even if it is just some tribally-shared RV, it is appalling. One consistent thing about the woos, they are domestically challenged across the board, as evidenced by brown wookie-fur bedding, limp beach towels as window coverings, lotus pads in roommate-seeking ads, etc., the current equivalents of a certain fake river-rock fireplace surround in a certain Lakefront Assisted Living Facility in a certain Chicago suburb. No wonder Donkey is so at home. Comfy & Delightful, indeed.

• Winchester House of Fauxtoshoots, Microphones & Ghosted Book Deals says:

One chick on the thread keeps talking about how she’s going to miss the master tub and if the walls could talk. She must be a real estate agent.

I just checked out the odd comments, several of which are indeed about hot tub parties. Best of all: Allis offered the house to Donkey first! As if Petey Baugher is going to pay $3 million for a new donkey pen! Or does Allis expect Bear to buy it for Kitty, Donkey, and their besties? HA HA HA HA HA HA

Ryan Allis
            CC Bear, Katiyana, Julia, Niraj, Jonathan, Anima, Toni, Tim, Christopher… I am planning to sell The Starship next month and wanted to offer it to friends first :). Let me know if you know of anyone looking. <3

• Winchester House of Fauxtoshoots, Microphones & Ghosted Book Deals says:

I hope he includes a healthy does of antibiotic to the seller.
            I could just see Donkey trying to get daders to spring for this “investment property” that she’d airbnb every single day.

• Energy Pussy (brought to you by BIG TAMPON) says:

Ha, ha. That reminds me that I noticed a house on my block had towels covering the windows and I thought to myself, “Those gentrifiers must have a multi-million dollar business.” LOL.

• Albie Quirky Sending Hugs says:

Eve is a vegan restaurant and café in Encinitas. You could probably get hippie cholera from that couch.

• Tingolayo says:

Would you date/bone/consciously couple with a dude who vision boarded? I ask you.

• Never the Bride says:

No, nor would I subscribe to his newsletter.

• Stalker is the new trickle-down rage says:

that’s a hell naw from me. He can take that thumb out his ass and use it to hitchhike away.

Ugh, it’s a RESTAURANT? I really thought it was a grubby Burning Man RV off-season . It’s filthy. (“Hippie cholera” *snort*)

• Winchester House of Fauxtoshoots, Microphones & Ghosted Book Deals says:

$2.995M and those are some of the ugliest kitchen cabinets. (Sorry that’s just some real caulk-talk)

• The Nose Knows says:

That place would have to be drenched in a Lysol bath before I’d even go near it.

19. Ethel egg says:

This is hilarious to me. It’s obvs that La Donk has been going to fuck parties for the last couple of years but she’s always had her eyes on the prize! Founder pounder indeed!

20. Stalker is the new trickle-down rage says:

YO
    who here got earthquaked?

Hope everyone on the left coast is OK.

• Tingolayo says:

It woke me up but the kitties didn’t move, which is my personal Richter scale.

Ha! That’s me during tornado watches / warnings — I take my cue from the furry barometers as to whether I let myself get freaked.

21. Stalker is the new trickle-down rage says:
    • Wolf, Hemmningway & Khaat Whores says:

Good luck trying to stop the publication of anything in the era of the Internet.

Hello, Streisand effect!

Has Peter Baugher been advising Trump’s LOLyer?

trump

• dr. cupcake cray cray says:

Wow. I feel like this might now be a “the enemy of my enemy is my friend” situation. Doesn’t Gannon run some whackadoo website? I might be tempted to visit his site and click on an ad or two to throw a few pennies his way, if it would go towards a legal fund. I would give so much to see the Cheeto-in-Chief deposed.

• Stalker is the new trickle-down rage says:

Bannon is still a white supremacist anti-Semitic drunk fuck. He didn’t get what he wanted from Trump so now they’re snarling at each other. Doesn’t mean you should give one peso to Breitbart, they are just as disgusting as they always were.

• The Nose Knows says:

No. Both sides are hideous. It’s more of an Iran-Iraq War thing where you root for both sides to do as much damage to each other while leaving the rest of us the fuck alone.

Bannon doesn’t own the site, and the big money backers (that would be the Mercer family) are rumored to be unhappy with him taking on Trump like this. So the leprotic fat fuck may be gone from there soon

• The Nose Knows says:

Also? Cheeto Benito ain’t suing. He ALWAYS threatens to sue people who say less than flattering things about him. If he were going to sue, his lawyer would’ve sent lawsuit paperwork, not a Cease & Desist.

The last thing that asshole wants is to be deposed while under oath. As stupid as he is, he knows that much

• Grammarian Bombogenesis says:

discovery phase — the opportunity for the other side to ask so many questions. bwa ha ha ha ha

I pre-ordered the book (kindle edition $15) yesterday, soon as I read about it — heard on news just now that it will now be released tomorrow instead of the 9th — woohoo!

• Stalker is the new trickle-down rage says:

I pre ordered the hardcover because historical moment but I don’t think I’ll get it early. I love that they decided to release it early though. Glorious!

• Donkey's Calcified Pineal Gland says:

I just checked my Kindle to see if it was there yet. Not much will get done today!

• Grammarian Snow Hurricane says:

this is awesome. the perfect author to write about the failed casino operator — #1 on amazon. the rats tearing each other to pieces is a glorious sight.

22. Truckstop trollope says:

Big sale, showing on … tomorrow. Uhm, We got plans already my bro

I blinked & missed something …

• Veruca Salt Lick says:

I did too. Did that last post come down?

Apparently, & prior to that, a drive-by comment went MIA too.

• Wolf, Hemmningway & Khaat Whores says:

Uh-oh.

Have we been cease-and-desisted?

Yes, the post came down, which was the right choice to make. Another post will be going up sometime today.

• Stalker is the new hobo bro ho says:

Oh my god I am gnawing on my keyboard in frustration. Can anyone elliptically tell me what it said? Maybe in allegory form? Or algebraic?

• Epictetus Joke says:

IIRC the post referred to someone who commented on a JA post. It seemed like just some random person with a random “you go girl” comment, but RBD’s commentary was…caustic. I didn’t say anything because I have no idea what upsets people these days, but I’m not surprised the post came down. Sometimes people try too hard to be edgy.

• Stalker is the new hobo bro ho says:

ah, okay thanks. I thought it was going to be some salacious blind item thing but it sounds more like everyone piling on a commenter they suspect is Julia.

• Wolf, Hemmingway and Khaat Whores says:

Phew.

At least no lol-yers were involved.

• Epictetus Joke says:

Sorry, my earlier response was poorly phrased. As I recall what happened was (1) JA posts on FB; (2) she gets one comment in response; (3) RBD needles the person who responded. It wasn’t someone in JA’s orbit, just a random person who shouldn’t be dragged into the RBD ecosystem. Nothing scandalous.