The Poofy Years: Stop Blushing, Donkey, You’re An Inthpirathon!

Remember when Julia Allison wore designer frocks from bargain basement Allison Parris? Those poofy prom dresses that only mental defectives would wear?

Thank you to talented young designer @AllisonParris for loaning me this gorgeous emerald frock today!

Unfortunately for Judy, the interwebs never forget!

Allison Parris apparently can’t forget Judy, either. ┬áViola! ┬áThe “Blush Julia” frock:

An RBDer just saw an ad for this dress online and I started combing the archives. Pardon me if we’ve discussed this before, but I’ve been having a good laugh:

Did Donkey ever find a taker for that smelly old Parris creation she was trying to give away?

42 Responses to The Poofy Years: Stop Blushing, Donkey, You’re An Inthpirathon!

1. Worrisome Pelts says:

First!

I miss this version of Julia. She was funnier when her favorite self-descriptor was “muse.”

2. Frequent Liar Miles says:

That 4th picture down–what a ridiculous-looking tree-stump.

• Worrisome Pelts says:

If they were going to airbrush the hell out of that photo, why did they leave it looking like her left boob is making a run for her navel?

3. Wolf, Hemmingaway and Khaat Whores says:

You just know she tried to eBay that sh-t and failed miserably.

Oh, well, some desperate drag queen may take it.

4. Dcmbr Song says:

Excuse me, who is this Julie?

5. Darling dearest communicates with grace says:

“size is somewhere between 2-4, I believe.”

6. Ms. Snarksalot says:

Those shoes are the worst! They make her legs look like tree trunks.

7. melting marionette says:

green dress photo looks like she photoshopped herself onto the techcrunch conference floor. edges are very sharp, as if she just learned how to use a photoshop mask.

also: way to stand out like a sore thumb. everyone else is wearing casual, comfy clothing and there she is in her poufy lime-green skirt-pull monstrosity.

8. Handbag Is Not A Toilet Baby says:

I guarantee she’s looking at every photo and saying, “Oh my god, I thought I was fat then!” And repeat.

Umm, that’s not very sensitive: I am shocked anew and find myself saying this all. the. time. when revisiting old pics. I thought I was hideous then , but I was adorable (comparatively.) Also wondering at the same time: OMG, where are those adorable forest-green punk-rock flat-heeled winkle-picker boots from the 80’s; I could totally rock them now in my dotage.

• Handbag Is Not A Toilet Baby says:

No, that’s exactly what I mean. We all do it. I’ve never thought she was even slightly overweight — not then, and not now, and have never made a comment suggesting I did.

• Aggressively Stupid says:

For me it’s usually the opposite. I thought I looked horrible when the picture was taken, but years later looking back I’m like, “I was so cute then. Why don’t I look like that now?”

• Winchester House of Fauxtoshoots, Microphones, & Ghosted Book Deals says:

I hope she’s saying my gawd I never owned a single garment that fit properly.

• Hot Foot Lurch is Not My Guru says:

And never owned an iron or steamer. Look at that mess. Every dress has a wrinkled skirt, and the hot pink one has a turned up scalloped hem at the bottom which makes it look like some rag she threw on from the bottom of her closet.

• Gilly, Real Housewife at Dirt Festivals Gilly (and the entire Cosmos) says:

I’ve always envisioned a closet so filthy and frightening, it could pass for one of Dante’s circles of hell.

• Winchester House of Faxutoshoots, Microphones & Ghosted Book Deals says:

A steamer and Downy Wrinkle Release are a girl’s wardrobe’s best friend.

9. Hot Foot Lurch is Not My Guru says:

I found a pair of nearly new poofy Betsey Johnson heels at the thrift store and had to get them. It was like finding Coobies at the car wash.

10. I need Likes to validate my own feelings says:

No money AND no taste. Even Mr.Boogers couldn’t buy class with his lawyerin money but boy he sure threw a lot of good money after bad tryin.

• Gilly, Real Housewife at Dirt Festivals Gilly (and the entire Cosmos) says:

Ellie Mae Clampett was a better dresser and she had real money.

11. Malformed Face says:

Guys, this is 47 year old Denver Donkey. She has posted over 13,000 pics of herself to instagram and her fav pose is mimicking blow jobs to her food:

• Gilly, Real Housewife at Dirt Festivals Gilly (and the entire Cosmos) says:

Christine is “a goal digger and a spiritual gangster.” You just know this asshat has crossed paths with Skankatron.

• KC Baker's Appalling Baby Dance. says:

She is so thirsty and her eyebrows are so unfortunate…