From Our Inbox: One Bored & Possibly Broke Girl

So, this missive arrived out of the blue, sometime in the wee hours of the morning. I assume she wants us to post it:

This is Molly McAleer. My friend Nicole who helps me with my podcast Emotionally Broken Psychos mentioned to me that we had a lot of referral clicks from here and sent over the link because she knows I love snarking on Julia and all that she does. I was pretty dismayed to see how cruel people were being, especially about details of my private life, but I also know to expect the snark to a degree.

I just want to clear something up: I referred to RebloggingDonk as a “hater site” as somewhat shorthand. I used to be OBSESSED with this blog and read all of the comments until Julia got too boring for me to even second hand snark on. I don’t think you guys are true haters or bad people. In fact, I find 99% of you very funny and astute and always have.

In terms of my previous employment on a sitcom, I would like to say that I did not “mess that up,” and I’m not sure who is saying otherwise, but I’ll speak for myself and say that after 3 years on that show, I was done. I was 30 when my contract was up and I didn’t want to sit in a writers room on a show a was not passionate about anymore. I developed and sold a show last year and I am working to do the same this year.

Am I a stoner and a drunk? Probably to the extent that a lot of my peers and even you guys are. Do I think I am an exceptional stoner and drunk? Not really. I was pressured into writing that ebook that was HEAVILY edited by my ex (because I was terrified we would break up if he didn’t like the content and surprise! That didn’t work out anyway!) and into the situation that I was writing about by a therapist I was seeing at the time. Allegedly that person has lost their license due to unethical practices, not that that makes me accepting a situation I didn’t think was appropriate for me to be put into okay.

I like what y’all do a lot. That’s why I know so many of the jokes. I don’t not regularly keep up as an act of superiority, I just am fucking bored of Julia and Co.

I feel pretty shitty about myself after reading a lot of the things that were written here, especially because I’m a 33 year old woman now and not the 22 year old I was when I was working at Gawker or even the 27 year old I was when I started HelloGiggles. I honestly hope to God that none of us were the people we were at 22 or 27, especially if you’ve been in a town/industry that you weren’t raised to know anything about during those crucial years like I have. I had no CLUE what I’d gotten myself into when I moved from online to broadcast TV/founding a website with a celebrity. No idea. After three years of doing both, I was a shell of a person and not a totally nice one because of it. I have never intentionally social climbed (I didn’t even know Zooey was going to be involved with HG until I’d already started building out editorial– she was a last minute addition made by my business partner) and I really don’t do anything within the sphere of the industry anymore save 1-2 charity events I like to attend every year and meetings. I’ve had the same best friends for 13 and 8 years. They are basically the only people I hang out with unless you count dogs. I’ve made some super cringe-y mistakes in my 20s which was very much my version of a childhood because I never had a real one and I work on forgiving myself for them daily. Honestly, it’s a struggle.

I don’t mind if people’s opinion of me on here doesn’t change at all, I am sure it won’t, but I felt it was important to reach out and say that you all have given me many laughs throughout the years and I apologize that I am far from perfect at my chosen profession(s). None of it is meant to offend and nobody could say worse things about me than me. Except for me messing up my job and being a “drunk.” Those things just aren’t true.

Forever ready and willing to talk about Miss Advised,
Molly

Uh, ok. I stick by any comments I made about Ms. McAleer’s podcasts, the most recent of which, like, discusses Britney Spears’s series CHAOTIC. The first of, like, two parts: http://aca.st/537bfe

Bottom Video! You loved Kc Baker’s baby dance so much, I thought we’d revisit the epic narcissist. Three minutes of pure hilarity that just gets more and more ridiculous. Funnier than SHOW GIRLS or THE ROOM!

121 Responses to From Our Inbox: One Bored & Possibly Broke Girl

1. Frequent Liar Miles says:

???? Who? What?

• Gilly Blake, CEO, Donkey Disparagement Industry Gilly (and the entire Cosmos) says:

Yes, that was my first response.

• Moroccanwear Loves You Rain Babe says:

I also have been meaning to contact you to demand you stop writing about me, Gilly. That was a different Morrocanwear, the one who was huffing Carbona, and I think you should remember that and move on and stop saying bad things about me. In fact, it would be great if you could promote my YouTube channel and my Pinterest page and my podcast.

Consider it done, Moroccanwear. I know we’ve been getting a lot of referral clicks from your phenomenally popular YouTube channel and am eager to repay the favor!

• World O' Gluten says:

We’re out of Carbona. Mom threw out the glue.

• Winchester House of Fauxtoshoots, Microphones & Ghosted Book Deals says:

Never heard of her and don’t recall anyone writing about her. Are people lining up to take Julia’s loser spot? These people need less internet and more therapy.

We did talk about her briefly back in January, which I’d completely forgotten. If you care, this post contains a link to those comments.

• Winchester House of Fauxtoshoots, Microphones & Ghosted Book Deals says:

And someone should teach KC Baker how to speak and walk (independently of one another) and bonus points if they can teach her to do it simultaneously. Christ, that clomping across the street in a too small-of-coat, these people are parody and just don’t even know it.

‘Scuse you; her therapist was disbarred, or de-couched, or whatever it is called when a fraud is drummed out of that helping industry.

2. Grammarian says:

i can’t even

3. Malformed Face says:

This has to be for GOMI and not here? I knew her back when I lived in LA. There’s something sweet and endearing about her but girl, you drink too much and do way too many drugs. This had to be written while you were a hot mess or it’s a ploy to get your podcasts off the ground which… best of luck. Personally, I think leaving Two Broke Girls was a terrible idea and I doubt your telling the truth about what really went down.

If I were you, I’d beg the mods to take this down. It seems crazy and you don’t need show runners, execs and pod producers seeing this mess.

She sent it to us and is referring to comments made in January of this year. I included a link to those comments.

• Malformed Face says:

Got it! Thanks, just read over there. I just don’t see what good can come of this — for her. She should worry more about her reputation in Hwood.

• Winchester House of Fauxtoshoots, Microphones & Ghosted Book Deals says:

It’s good of you too look out but you can’t help people who don’t want to help themselves. I think this is, to your point, trying to get a podcast off the ground.
          She’s doing it wrong. People always want an instant audience without providing real content.

• Malformed Face says:

The truth is, I was not looking out, I was actually being snarky and kind of mean. She has a bit of reputation and I and others, have had run ins with her– I actually always thought she was hilarious and then seemed kind of tragic (way too much partying). I don’t think this is the best way for her to handle her business but I don’t want to pile on either…

• Hot Foot Lurch is Not My Guru says:

Maybe she has heard she gets paid by the “like” without realizing that only works with Facebook.

4. Hot Foot Lurch is Not My Guru says:

o_O Applies to each.

Yes, odd nozzles, plus giant chiclet veneers, plastic peep-toe pumps, pink-fluffy-garment-cowboy-boots combo. Also equally dumb.

5. I need Likes to validate my own feelings says:

“Grab a mic”

*mic is out of frame*

Lmfao

What hot stupid fuckery does kc do for a “job”? What an retard.

• Wolf, Hemmingway and Khaat whores says:

Plastic surgery customer?

She is beyond ridiculous, she veers into perplexing territory.

She may well be Marina Abramovic’s secret performance art project.

Marina Abramovic’s secret project, lol forever. “The Artist is (Not a) Present” perhaps?

6. Fuckyo Nonburn says:

KC is not as good at projecting sincerity, empathy, and earnestness as she likely believes herself to be. Maybe she could try being sincere, empathetic, and earnest instead?

7. Razzmatazz says:

Molly, HelloGiggles is a fucking embarrassment and you should be ashamed of any association you have with it no matter how much cash it netted you.

“Razzmatazz Wrote the Best Hatepost Ever, and It’s Giving Us All The Feels You Guys”

Nah, anything that pays the bills. I used to write for pizza industry journals. No shame if the check clears.

8. JuliasTooSmallTutu says:

Wait a minute, that video is not a parody of White Feminism? It’s meant to be taken at face value, prom dress from 1987 and all?

• Mrs. Gilly Blake says:

Though Kc’s commercial plays like an SNL parody, it’s the real deal. When she started having an orgasm in the tunnel, I fucking lost it. And then it gets even better.

• Winchester House of Fauxtoshoots, Microphones & Ghosted Book Deals says:

That elevator scene I thought for sure was an ad for some feminine product. The idea this thing is still up (years later) speaks to her deluded ego.

• Dusty Documentary says:

Woah, I watched 70% of that thinking it was a joke.

9. Albie Quirky says:

Such bounty!

Confidential to Molly M: I was a big old drunk when I was in my 20s. Upside is that now that I’m in my 50s, I mostly forget all the embarrassments of my 20s.

I am glad to hear that you left the terrible television show on your own terms. As long as you didn’t write any of the really bad Asian jokes, we cool.

Confidential to K. C. B: Que fuck? And, why? I’ve seen Virginia Slims commercials that had a more nuanced understanding of feminist philosophy.

10. Jullia Allison Bouger says:

Why does she remind me of Denise Richards’ character in Drop Dead Gorgeous? I think it’s the over-large eyes, the permanently “earnest” expression and all those teeth! Richards’ character (and Kirsty Alley’s brilliant stage mom) perfectly captured the kind of entitled bs I see here – the absolute belief in the rubbish that’s pouring from her mouth, the faux emotional display, and the belief that everyone (or anyone) would be interested…

Prancing in those cowgirl boots had me in stitches. SO FREE and so completely clueless as to how ridonkulous this self-shill really is.

11. Dcmbr Song says:

The inbox we share!

12. ok says:

Miss the tumblr days

13. Craying Mantis says:

Don’t know who she is, only clicked on comments to make sure I wasn’t the only one. Yikes.

14. Dances with Hooves says:

She doesn’t even go here

15. BeepBeepBoopBeepBeep. I Am A Robot. says:

Never heard of her.

16. Donkey of Oz says:

Head up your own ass much?

17. Eh... says:

Man, the last 30 seconds of the video of that girl tromping around is tragic AF

18. Whatever says:

Never heard of this girl, next.
    Wtf with the video all kinds of cray.

19. Lulu says:

The KC Baker video is 3 years old. Just sayin.

20. BeepBeepBoopBeepBeep. I Am A Robot. says:

When KC is crossing the street, wanting a horn blasting truck to suddenly take her out Wiley Coyote style.

“I was waiting…waiting for it.”

21. Gilly Blake, CEO, Donkey Disparagement Industry Gilly (and the entire Cosmos) says:

OT: Oh Ali, SHUT THE FUCK UP!

“I am a healer.

My healing modalities are via navigating your family conflict, customer complaints, unpaid bills and invoices, IP violations, credit mishaps, partnership disputes, asset protection desires, income model and structures, investment and time management choices in an entirely new eyes wide open way.

There is so much healing and growth possible when we see the blind spots these family, business and money issues point to and make possible for
    us to address in a new way – and traditionally they are handled by lawyers and other financial professionals in ways that actually keep the patterns deeply ingrained, hidden, stuck and recurring.

But there’s a far greater opportunity here for our personal and collective evolution.
    Open our eyes, shift our perspective, uplevel our responses and see all of it as a gift for our own betterment and growth.

When bad/hard things happen or choices need to be made, take the road less traveled.
    Through my work as a healer and a guide, I show my clients the way.

There I said it. It’s been on the tip of my tongue for years, but I couldn’t quite get the words out.

Law is a healing profession. ❀”

THO BRAVE, Skankatron. The shyster as healer.

She and her latest using addict break up and she has to pat herself on the back again. You could set your watch by the old rauch’s FB responses.

“My healing modalities are screwing anything with a pulse, conning my retired mother out of her limited savings, running internet scams, and homeschooling my daughter in DJing and modeling while her live-in boyfriend ogles my bodacious ta-tas.”

Oh, thanks a lot. The tip of Skankatron’s tongue is not something I ever want to imagine, but since you went there: coated, white, thrush, candida. Ugh. Vom. Gag.

• Winchester House of Fauxtoshoots, Microphones & Ghosted Book Deals says:

“I am a stealer.” fixed that for her.

• Stalker is the New Guacamole: The DJ Avocado Remixes says:

Maybe Ali can heal Molls of her delusion that we give a shit about all her mistakes.

22. Grammarian says:

β€œMy healing modalities are taking all your monies”

23. Handbag Is Merging Her Two Identities says:

I know there’s a link to something from January but I’m not going to follow it, because reading her email with literally no idea who she is or what she’s talking about is more fun. Thanks.

• Worrisome Pelts says:

I have only the vaguest notion who she might once have been, but I do know she needs the wisdom of my high school Econ teacher: “Nobody else spends as much time thinking about you as you do.”

• Winchester House of Fauxtoshoots, Microphones & Ghosted Book Deals says:

And to that point, once I found out that she had something to do with Two Broke Girls, it made sense. I despise that show. I can’t tell if it’s the writing or the girl who scream-laughs every line but, it is unwatchable.

• Moroccanwear Loves You Rain Babe says:

I have never watched the show, but it is kind of a running joke in my house. The ads make it look so horrendous that my oldest son started referencing it like it is Citizen Kane, and now the rest of us do too.

• Winchester House of Faxutoshoots, Microphones & Ghosted Book Deals says:

Cannot stop laughing. I too will now think of it at Citizen Kane, and will serve as a reminder about how funny you and your family are.

• Fuckyo Nonburn says:

It’s the writing. That show has some of the hackiest comedy this side of a Yakov Smirnoff retrospective.

• Helena (The Same Amount of NOT) says:

I love you for saying this because my thoughts exactly. The phrases “lol wut” and then “lol” again have rarely been so present on my mind.

24. Tonyamichaela says:

“we had a lot of referral clicks from here”

? Doesn’t RBD have a relatively small readership? So how many referral clicks could there possibly be . . . 5?

The self-destructive, damaged, oversharing persona may have been effective at getting attention on Tumblr, but it’s so tedious when there’s no growth or maturity.

25. BunnyBingo says:

Last I heard about her was on here: https://www.podcat.com/podcasts/ua91ok-bad-with-money-with-gaby-dunn/person/jjeudz-molly-mcaleer
    She talks about the Hello Giggles deal, I think she has 6 million invested somewhere from it and how she was living beyond her means while writing for 2 Broke Girls, trying to keep up with all the other career tv writers.
    One thing I didn’t like was how she talked about family members asking her for money and called out one cousin by name as being bad with money.

26. Darling dearest says:

Speaking of people who were Tumblr popular 8 years ago, I saw that it was National Poundcake Day the other day and remembered the chick who maybe worked at tumblr that partypants used to call poundcake.

That is all.

• Worrisome Pelts says:

Meaghan O’Connell. I can remember that, but not my sister-in-law’s date of birth. This is why I can’t have nice things.

Can anyone remember the name of the British guy who was on the NYC scene and did some digital thing? He had a high forehead and was a notorious drunk and then got sober and was living in a hotel in Vegas? Living in hotels became his thing. I think his first name was Paul. In related news, I found myself googling Richard Blakekly the other day. I guess he’s married with Baby on the UWS now. All I remember is the Domestic violence charge while he was at Gawker.

Paul Carr.

Found out last night that a journo whom I really like (Mark Ames) once worked for Carr … Mind. Blown.

Also, his name came up a different time this weekend while explaining TechCrunch, et al. Make. It. Stop.

• Albie Quirky Sending Hugs says:

Sarah Lacy had two babies! Two! And she’s a Woman in Tech!

• Worrisome Pelts says:

Did you know that Sarah Lacy was glad she had free time instead of stupid ol’ babies, until she had babies and now you don’t know what life is until you have babies?

• AnnaPelt is Happy at 138 says:

I like Mark too. Could never figure that Carr thing out.

• Sad Rat In Sidewalk says:

IIRC, Paul Carr used to be buddies with Milo before Milo was Milo.

27. Grammarian says:

horizontal stripes, including chevrons, are never a good look — see tim gunn, any day of the year

28. Handbag Is Merging Her Two Identities says:

I finally gave in and watched the KC video, and I basically died from the first moment, but when I got to the part where she was dancing in her cowboy boots I died three more times and now will not be alive again until Easter.

• Handbag Is Merging Her Two Identities says:

Pretty sure she’s worse than JABA. Off the charts, that one.

Hands down, it’s the funniest video I’ve posted on RBD.

• Winchester House of Fauxtoshoots, Microphones & Ghosted Book Deals says:

That over the shoulder elevator shot will haunt me until I die. In the comments under the video someone stated that was a great shot. It reminds me of the commercials I had to make in college as part of an editing course. We made a parody commercial, complete with sparkle on the tooth of a smile, and it was more believable than this thing.

29. RollsRoyceRevenge says:

I watched the KC Baker video and when she was walking across the street wearing a trenchcoat all I could think of was the little scrap of pink dress that was peeking out from underneath and how much it looked like toilet paper.

The rest of it seemed stitched together from ads for Poseidon Adventure Brand Tampons (“Turn your heavy flow upside-down!”).

30. Aggressively Stupid says:

I used to follow Mollz on tumblr back in the day. I remember her as being funny and a bit clever. I feel like Mollz back then would have laughed at this email and made a funny video about it while sitting in her walk in closet. And look, I get it, none of us are the people we were when we were 20, but we should hold on to somethings. Ideally, our ability to laugh at ourselves or to shrug off negative comments from a group of people who admit that they know almost nothing about you.

Re: Kc Baker: at 00:47 does she know that only half her face is on camera? I might assume that it’s an intentional choice to look “arty”, but in the next shot she clearly has no idea that the microphone is out of shot.