Donkey’s Crayola Daze In OMG! San Francisco!

Wittle Judy’s very speshul vacation from vacation-itis with Dadsers continues:

Amazingly, the ineffable Stacey Bendet, CEO of Alice + Olivia, hasn’t yet responded to Donkey’s pathetic yoo hooing.

110 Responses to Donkey’s Crayola Daze In OMG! San Francisco!

1. Winchester House of Fauxtoshoots, Microphones & Ghosted Book Deals says:

From the last thread:
    “Lack of transparency (just thank the person-it’s not coy, it’s per usual likely deceptive)”
    So donkey still never reads here, huh? What’d she do, make a desperate call to someone who runs samples sales in NY begging them to help out with her latest scam?

Pretty random gift from a random person who she hasn’t mentioned before. If we could bottle her predictability and sell it.

• Hot Foot Lurch is Not My Guru says:

She has that too-long white dress with a fugly flounce at the bottom by Alice+Olivia, and every time she wears it she Yoo-Hoos Benedetto with a tag. I think she is fishing for her to send her free clothes like Donkey used to grift from her favorite designers when she “covered” NYFW by pretending to be a model and (hilariously) a designer’s muse.

Don’t remember if it was Albie or Tingo who guessed Myka as the gift-giver, but that’s my guess too. Jahsss has no pot to piss in, and unless she took up a collection, it wouldn’t be from her.

• Hot Foot Lurch is Not My Guru says:

Bendet. Freaking autocorrect must die.

• Sir Lurks, drug-evangelizing-fest-pushing-tech-jargon-spewing-special-snowflakekinder says:

I doubt it’s Myka… wouldn’t JA tag her? I doubt she’s that wealthy, either. Her business seems Shanti/Moodley-esque in a lot of ways, and going by her website and social media it’s less successful than either of theirs. I would be very surprised if she were doing well enough to throw a $700 gift at a friend who isn’t even local. She’s definitely nowhere near Morin level, and Brit said herself that the dress was too pricey to justify.

• Hot Foot Lurch is Not My Guru says:

Myka may well have gotten it free, or discounted, as she models. Donkey went on a vacation with her recently to Costa Rica, and a tipster here saw them last year in a rather intimate situation in Marin. I still think she’s a good guess. YMMV.

I would’ve thought former models who’ve distanced themselves from the industry wouldn’t have continuous access to those kinds of perks, but based on what you & Albie have said I guess that’s not the case. I still think she would’ve tagged a sister, but if the magical GF isn’t a figment of her imagination I suppose Myka is a better candidate than any of the other woos.

• Midwestern Verve Clicquot says:

I fully think Brit meant to cast shade that the dress is a frivolous item. She has worn more expensive things.

Definitely. The dress is laughably priced relative to how cheap and costumey it looks, which I think is what Brit was hinting at. With softness.

• Albie Quirky Sending Hugs says:

Myka is someone who would be in the get-free-dresses loop (judging by the former models I know, none of whom was ever at her level of success).

But since Judy tagged Bendet, it seems just as possible that somehow she donkeygrifted the ugly shmatte direct from the source!

• melting marionette says:

name-drop and tag the person is her mode d’emploi. if nameless, and untagged, person is imaginary.

2. Tingolayo says:

Praise Greg, it’s like WE are getting the gifts this Birthcray… A Donkey admiring the brightly colored self-help phrases, probably thinking, “You know what? I *am* OK!”

I thought “It’s not a dumb idea” would also resonate particularly with her.

• Moroccanwear Loves You Rain says:

I am good enough, I am smart enough….

• Mrs. Gilly Blake says:

… and, gosh darnit, Brit Morin likes me!

• Moroccanwear Loves You Rain says:

I am writing that in fancy script on construction paper and hanging it up in my laundry room tonight!

• Moroccanwear Loves You Rain says:

Also, Al Franken is an American treasure.

• Winchester House of Fauxtoshoots, Microphones, & Ghosted Book Deals says:

Stewart Smalley! I can’t see Franken and not recite in my head t ‘I’m good enough…’

Funny that billionaire by marriage won’t pony up $700 on the world’s ugliest dress BUT some random bought it for La Donk?

Also it like everything else in her wardrobe needs fitted. A garment dragging on the ground isn’t romantic, it’s ill-fitting.

• Hot Foot Lurch is Not My Guru says:

“Make it up as you go” is pretty much spot-on.

3. Telexfree Antofagasta says:

She looks like a tropical Bomb pop with a poop center

4. Princess WideStance says:

AS IF Stacey Bendet gives a shit about you and your tagging Donkey omg.

• Gilly Blake, PowerpussyCEO Gilly (and the entire Cosmos) says:

Should I AK-Kitty myself?

• Sacred Scrapbooks says:

“Yoo-hoo, Stacey! I’ll go back to pretending to be a fashion reporter for NBC NY if you’ll send me free samples! Also, I’m available for modeling, just in case!”

• Sad Rat In Sidewalk says:

I think it’s hilarious how she implied (legalese, bunnies!) that the dress was gifted to her by Bendet, which is probably a key sign that Bendet was very much not the one who gifted her the dress.

Here it is. $695! https://www.aliceandolivia.com/luba-embroidered-tier-gown.html

God I hope so. Hilarious if someone actually gave her a $700 dress and she found a higher-value person to publicly shower with compliments about it.

I have a hard time thinking anyone would really DO that, but this is JA we’re talking about.

My guess: she’s still got arrangements for sugar daddy air miles, and she emailed a link to this dress around (Subject: it’s my birthday please please pleeeeease) until someone had their assistant buy it for her to shut her up. The only person who could possibly have found that dress and thought it was a good idea is Julia herself, she just needed the $$$.

JFAing to add my reasoning:

She’s too cheap to buy it for herself until Yandy releases a knock-off. The woos and ILYR don’t have that kind of money. The few rich woos wouldn’t mind her tagging them, and she’d never miss an opportunity to name-drop. The person who bought her this dress doesn’t want to have anything to do with her in public, and probably specifically told her to not ever use his (yes, his, obviously) name on social media.

• Winchester House of Fauxtoshoots, Microphones & Ghosted Book Deals says:

My money is on she was going to purchase it for herself for her “birthday” and begged for a discount in exchange for “exposure” and they had like 50,000 left over and tossed her one to get her to get her to go away. They’ll regret opening that freebie door to a parasite. Also, Fulia’s own friends, including Brit, did not recognize her birthday, so the idea this random chick sent her a dress without prompting is highly improbable.

If that’s what happened, it’s insane that Julia publicly invented a “magical girl friend” to give her the dress and tagged the CEO, Bendet, IN THE SAME POST. Again, something I can’t imagine anyone actually doing. Again, except Julia.

She’s a lying liar and we all know that, but FFS. Dumb. If Alice + Olivia had anything to do with this, they regretted it the second she started tagging Bendet in the dress photos that couldn’t even muster a couple dozen likes apiece.

• melting marionette says:

as stated by others in previous post: “magical” = imaginary.

• The Tortuous and the Hair says:

Yeah, I think the dress is hideous and I can’t imagine that it looks good on anyone. So my thoughts are:

1) It was purchased by someone who came to their senses and put it up on ebay

or

2) The style wasn’t selling so the lot wound up at a sample sale

Who knows who purchased it or if Donk bought it for herself? Lacking proof of any birthcray celebration she had to post something that implied she’s being feted. Take THAT, Randi!

She possibly could have got it for cheap on Tradesy https://www.tradesy.com/dresses/alice-olivia/?sale=true they have some knockdown prices.

I’d have to see a written confession, w/ a certified receipt attached, before I’d ever believe that there is a woman out there who bought this for Donkey, specifically for her birthcray.

5. Gilly Blake, PowerpussyCEO Gilly (and the entire Cosmos) says:

Just discovered Bendet is married to Eric Eisner, son of Michael. Another one of his kids, Breck – Breck?! – went to Georgetown but it was before Donkey’s time.

6. Gimme Pig of Love says:

The MOMA pics are driving me crazy. Why are they so slanty?? I dunno anything about photography and I can tell they are poorly framed and bad.

• Hot Foot Lurch is Not My Guru says:

Dadsers probably had to be half in the bag all week to tolerate her.

7. Sir Lurks, drug-evangelizing-fest-pushing-tech-jargon-spewing-special-snowflakekinder says:

All of this is great. The name-dropping, the desperate tagging, the hideous dress, the totally superfluous photo op at City Hall (would that she “renew her vows”), but most of all the fact that she carted dad all over town to serve as her personal photographer.

I wonder how much art direction she gave? I wonder if he ever asked if he could maybe have a photo with his daughter, only to be told that he’d regrettably need to be “dressed better for the theme.”

• Grammarian says:

does someone who knows sf know if city hall is near the courts?

The superior court is right across the street.

• Not! Random! says:

Was Petey visiting for that pesky Air BNB litigation?

• Winchester House of Fauxtoshoots, Microphones & Ghosted Book Deals says:

Could you imagine if she wore that to court? Going for an insanity defense?

Here’s Julie in court: wink emoticon
            “LEGALESE!! Tell them, Daddy!”

• Not! Random! says:

I imagine it is exactly what she would wear. She thinks she’s just adorbs and will try to “Aw, me” the judge.

• Grammarian says:

the bubbling mouth corners ugh

• Winchester House of Fauxtoshoots, Microphones, & Ghosted Book Deals says:

I have a SF friend looking to see if they could find anything. I’m curious if it made court what the position of the judge was. You’d think she’d try to settle out since she was in the wrong, but stranger things have happened.

• Grammarian says:

also, dress dragging on the floor, per usual

• melting marionette says:

according to lurch’s look-book link below, all of the maxi-dresses and some of the pantsuits are cut to run long.

models are standing on boxes to avoid the draggy-look. the photographer has also probably used binder clips at the back to gather in the excess material across the bodice and hips to show a smooth fit.

judy would have just seen the colors and said “how lovely! it matches meeeeeee”, clopped her hooves and purchased without thought of fit or proper occasion when she could wear it.

• Grammarian says:

effort, even a tiny bit

• Winchester House of Fauxtoshoots, Microphones, & Ghosted Book Deals says:

On the website you can see a bit of shoe. Unless red carpet, photo shoot or possibly a formal event, no dragging.

• Midwestern Verve Clicquot says:

The idea of a dress dragging on the ground anywhere in Civic Center is making me dry heave. Hope she had it immediately dry-cleaned with ALL the chemicals.

• Winchester House of Fauxtoshoots, Microphones, & Ghosted Book Deals says:

She dressed for ‘gay rights’ and posed for a picture on the courthouse steps. She’s this generation’s Harvey Milk.

• Wolf, Hemmingaway and Khaat Whores says:

Jesusf-ingChrist!

The Prop 8 fight was like 10 years ago!

Always tho edgy…..

• Gilly Blake, PowerpussyCEO Gilly (and the entire Cosmos) says:

Ha! My first thought, too. Donkey is ALWAYS five-ten years behind the times.

8. Grammarian says:

that dress reminds me of when my kitten was in preschool and she liked to dress up in all her tutus and bracelets at once; i particularly remember one day when she wore the full leotard tutu, the separate sparkly pink tutu, the separate white tutu, and the multi-layered pink, purple, blue tutu. and her ski hat. and all the bracelets.

also, that dress looks like something from the plus size section at wal-mart

9. donkey schoen says:

So what about #gaymarriage is she all for? Can someone fill me in? I have not once witness her link to, judgy post etc about LGBQT rights ever so I’m curious about what sparked the #gaymarriage?

• Moroccanwear Loves You Rain says:

She is married to a woman named Julia.

• Hot Foot Lurch is Not My Guru says:

Wearing a rainbow dress in San Francisco.

• Midwestern Verve Clicquot says:

I really think she just remembered that rainbows have something to do with the gays and posed in front of City Hall for a) attention and b) vanity. It’s like the Mark Kirk photo shoots all over again.

• Jenna's Lions says:

I’m so glad she clarified her stance on gay marriage. Such a brave statement in a city known for its repression of the gay community.

She’s such a hack.

10. BeepBeepBoopBeepBeep. I Am A Robot. says:

I really thought a clever basement cat photoshopped the original photo with lame-o Judy Affirmations.

These are really on view at a legit museum?

I am so not getting them. Perhaps the artist’s irony level is so exquisitely refined as to be beyond my ability to comprehend. Or maybe they are on offer at the MOMA gift store.

11. Moroccanwear Loves You Rain says:

I watched an episode of Say Yes to the Dress while cooking dinner a few nights ago (bad tv doesn’t count while cooking) and they were having some sort of clearance sale and they had an ugly dress they were kind of competing to sell. It had exactly the same silhouette as Julia’s clown dress, and the only person they managed to talk into trying it on said it looked like a triangular party hat. It was quite the bargain, but no one wanted it.

• Winchester House of Fauxtoshoots, Microphones & Ghosted Book Deals says:

bad tv doesn’t count while cooking-good rule!

12. Winchester House of Fauxtoshoots, Microphones, & Ghosted Book Deals says:

Does her purse match her dad’s shoes? Because he carried it more than she did if those pictures are an accurate account of their day.

13. Morrocanwear Loves You Rain says:

Okay, so I made a photo of Julia in her rainbow party “frock” peeing in Marcel Duchamp’s Fountain. Spoiler alert…fountain is a urinal. So, then I felt bad about it, but I made it and halfway or maybe about 1/4 own it.

14. Albie Quirky Sending Hugs says:

As I said on the last post, Randi Z is on a very glam safari with her husband, after giving some talk in Johannesburg and meeting the Mandela family. Once again, Teefs wins the Birthcray sweepstakes.

• Winchester House of Fauxtoshoots, Microphones & Ghosted Book Deals says:

Mark’s coattails are soo heavy with Teefs riding them around the world.

• Albie Quirky Sending Hugs says:

Judy’s just angry that Baby Brother Britt didn’t have the common decency to invent Facebook!

• Winchester House of Fauxtoshoots, Microphones, & Ghosted Book Deals says:

So true!! Sad at dad he’s not Trump, sad at brother that he’s not Zuckfuck. Always wanting everyone else to do what she can’t so she can take credit.

15. Donkey of Oz says:

Stacey will never the donkey. Just saying.

16. Hot Foot Lurch is Not My Guru says:

Aha…Bendet posted on Dec. 6: “the annual #aosamplesale starts today and it’s a good one!! Visit now thru Dec 11th —260 5th Avenue @ 29th street)…happy shopping!!! 💋💋💋”

17. Telexfree Antofagasta says:

I’m glad Mandi Gosling got tons of positive attention at the Oscars. No idea she was a producer for Miss Advised. Hope nobody asked her about that!

18. Playa con dios says:

Not to sound like a geek, but the colors are not in proper sequence of a rainbow spectrum

In the photo in front of Coty Hall, you can almost see how awful that dress must look from the font. She has her hand across her middle, but I’m guessing she looks WIDE in that thing. Like most people would.

20. Midwestern Verve Clicquot says:

Isn’t it poor form to post a photo of a poorly-styled outfit featuring the designer’a piece? “Here’s your dress…which is chose to cover up with a sweater”

21. Frequent Liar Miles says:

I live in OMG! SF! and one of my casual hobbies is street-fashion observation (I ride public transportation a lot), and it has been my impression that, although maxi-dresses had a (fleeting) moment a couple of years ago, they are not currently in vogue for daytime wear at all. But on the positive side, at least Donkey’s unfortunate gams are well concealed.

• Winchester House of Fauxtoshoots, Microphones, & Ghosted Book Deals says:

And what is likely some mismatched wedge shoes that could walk on their own at this point!

22. Sacred Scrapbooks says:

She’s so Proud of the Dress She Wore that she posted the museum pic to her moribund Instagram.

I’m guessing she borrowed the dress. Legalese, bunnies.

I see that the website for her new Magical Imaginary Corp. is still just a stub.

23. my greg it's full of stars says:

Well she’s fulfilled her dream of being a real life version of a donkey children hit with sticks.

Lol Jean Brodie’s comment is still up on Rain’s band page

25. So beyond says:

That is the ugliest outfit like ever. Good grief she looks just plain awful. It’s to long, ugly and the ruffles really.