Will Donkey Be Crowdsourcing Her Next Bowel Movement?

shanti halloween

Switching Over to Natural
———————————
One of my New Years resolutions was to finish the switch of everything in my cabinets – from cleaning supplies to shampoo to face cream – to natural, organic, eco-friendly, healthful products. I’ve been transitioning for the past few years, using Tom’s of Maine (non fluoride) toothpaste and Soapwalla deodorant cream (it totally works, btw) as well as coconut oil instead of lotion, and apple cider vinegar instead of toner.

Do you have recommendations for other amazing natural products? Specifically:

– Shampoo and conditioner
– Bubble bath / body wash
– Hand soap
– Face cream
– Coconut oil (I’ve been getting mine at Costco and I don’t really love it)
– Cleaning supplies (including dishwasher soap and laundry soap)
– Candles / Incense

Or any other tips, tricks etc? How have you made the switch? I didn’t realize HOW MANY PRODUCTS I had until I started the process of changing them over … whew. We really are a consumer culture, even in the little ways, and we vote with our dollars.

Maybe it sounds cheesy, but I want to vote for a healthier world.

She saved the shout outs for the comments and left us shivering with anticipation:

Oh! Hi! Do you listen to podcasts? (of course you do, right?)
What are your favorites? Please don’t say Serial. Other than Serial. Anything but Serial.
What do you like about them? What do you hate about them?
(Yes, I’m starting a podcast sometime this year. It’s about time!)

140 Responses to Will Donkey Be Crowdsourcing Her Next Bowel Movement?

1. Albie Quirky in Exile says:

Her terrible bray on a podcast, I cannot. Didn’t she clip like mad on TMIWeakly? Doing it herself will just be a kabillion times worse.

• Gilly Blake, PowerpussyCEO Hot Smashing Gilly Blake says:

Can you imagine the guests? After she guilt trips D&B into doing the OMG! premiere, we’ll be subjected to the likes of Ali Shanti and Smellsberg for the remaining, what, two or three shows before the podcast goes the way of the coffee mug fauxtos and the missing Davos report.

• Gimme Pig of Love says:

also lol she’s doing a podcast like a million years after everyone else. always late, the donkey.

• Wolf, Hemmingway and NACHOS says:

She should start a blog.

I hear that is the new Internet thing.

• Braying Lady Crony says:

Maybe first get on LiveJournal, then a slooow transition to Myspace, then MAYBE venture into blogging? Small hoof steps for our Donks, ya know?

• Who do you think you are? says:

OMG this might actually the best thing ever if you’re a cat lady. So much better than a book. DO IT, DONKEY.

I’m about to sit down to dinner, but surely we can come up with a good name for her podcast, right?

• Malformed Face says:

“The Secret Lives of Donkeys”?

• Who do you think you are? says:

Talk Braydio
        Tool Time

• Dusty Documentary Series says:

And I respectfully disagree re: best thing ever. Reading her crap entertains me but that voice, I cannot.

hee haw

• Morrocanwear with Antlers and a Nose Ring says:

I will probably listen to at least one, since I spend a lot of time to and fro-ing from my desk errands in my car listening to podcasts. I can report back on the highlights in order to spare ears.

I love the “It’s about time.” as if her legion of fans have been desperately waiting and begging her to please, please podcast. Thank goodness our long national nightmare has ended. I think once she does one and realizes that she does not have a single sponsor and makes no money she will go back to sorting photos in her brown home.

I love the Watch What Crappens podcast because they are really, really funny but those guys have just recently started making a little money from it using Patreon. I know some of us will listen but who, besides her Dad, would contribute to her?

• Manifest Dustiny (OMGPearskank) says:

Is it safe to Donk and drive?

But seriously, I doubt there’ll be more than one or two episodes anyway because she’ll realise it’s too much work.

Currently she seems to just reapply her tired formula to yet another medium instead of realising that mindless braying will never = profit.

• Malformed Face says:

Real HouseDonkeys of Cow Hollow?

• Morrocanwear with Antlers and a Nose Ring says:

How long will she podcast for? It will end 20 minutes in and mid-sentence when she spots a shiny piece of foil.

• Nosferatu-tu is vibrating through a TSA cavity search says:

First, she has to crowd source how to air a podcast. Maybe she can ask Pointy for some tech tips? Aren’t they sisters?

2. Malformed Face says:

My favorite part is her hostile tagging of people so they HAVE to answer her post. Everyone is trying to ignore DONKEY but she is not having it.

3. mcakez: Next Level Friend says:

I am so over her shit.

• juliaspublicist cried his rhinestone off juliaspublicist cried his rhinestone off says:

How is it, when she has absolutely nothing going for her, that she can be even MORE obnoxious.

4. Gimme Pig of Love says:

Christ what a dumb asshole.

5. Who do you think you are? says:

She didn’t think about using the Goog for DIY recipes for things like deodorant and detergent? No, of course she didn’t, because she is a total fucking idiot.

D0nk says she’s been implementing / transitioning for “years” but she only has replaced four items, & it’s what a person feasibly goes through fastest — so why doesn’t she just say she’s only been transitioning for a month or two?

• Prom Party Burnout and Associated Pod Couples says:

She thinks someone will comment with something like “xyz product is great, let me send you a bunch of free samples.” She’s fishing for free shit to shill. Poor donkey is poor.

6. Wolf, Hemmingway and NACHOS says:

You know who is going to be the primary audience of her podcast?

Catladies, of course!

We are going to listen and dissect every “issue”, just to point and laugh.

• dirty pink ballet tights says:

I seriously don’t think I can. That voice.

• Wolf, Hemmingway and NACHOS says:

I will die of canklehausen if I have to listen to the whole thing.

But I am sure some devoted catlady scholar will listen to the whole thing and point us to the most ridonkulous sections, so that we can all laugh and laugh and laugh.

7. Sacred Scrapbooks says:

natural silicone cutlets
    free-range polyester
    cruelty-free acetate
    vegan spanx

• Wolf, Hemmingway and NACHOS says:

Instead of restylane, she is going to inject her face with congealed chicken fat.

From organic chickens, of course.

What. A. Tool.

• Random Snowflake says:

Yeah, but if her Botox® contains only non-GMO botulism can she keep doing that?

• Dusty Documentary Series says:

Non-GMO hemp clip-in sausage-curl extensions.

• Dances with Hooves says:

are the rainbow glitter manicured nails getting “switched”?

• Malformed Face says:

How about the spray tans she admits to getting on the regular? No more toxic orange showers? Yeah, doubt it.

8. Handbag is a Master Spankstress says:

Are those the same shoes she wore to the wedding? What. Is wrong with her.

9. Totaljing says:

If she really wanted good info, she’d just go to one of the bazillion natural beauty blogs out there. So this is a 34 year old woman who need seal claps for going “natural,” right?

Fuck her.

Can someone point me to where I can follow InSwain’s progress through the court system? He’s been MIA for 8 hours and, while I know several people here hate his saga, I’m addicted. I think Brayella posted some Boulder court link, but I can’t find anything.

• RollsRoyceRevenge says:

Evidently there’s a film called Cum Pigs Behind Bars that should suffice as a placebo.

• Malformed Face says:

I’m addicted, too. No shame in my game.

• Worrisome Pelts says:

SwainWreck twinsies! I can’t get enough of that freak show. I’ll let you know if I see anything.

• Psycho-delic Ballerina fka Lurker says:

He’s got a status conference scheduled for later this month, but no other publicly available info.

• Malformed Face says:

Had to look up “status conference” – for anyone else – status conference
        n. a pre-trial meeting of attorneys before a judge required under Federal Rules of Procedure and in many states to inform the court as to how the case is proceeding, what discovery has been conducted (depositions, interrogatories, production of documents), any settlement negotiations, probable length of trial, and other matters relevant to moving the case toward trial. Court rules usually require the filing of a status conference statement prior to the conference. In Federal courts the status conference is also the occasion for setting a trial date.

• Psycho-delic Ballerina fka Lurker says:

Disclaimer: I am not familiar with CO law or any way in which it may diverge from most states’ laws. That said, he was read his charging statement about a week ago. In most states, the period between charging and the status conf. is when the lawyers discuss possible settlement / dropping charges / etc. Then they draft up a pre-trial statement containing whatever information the local court rules demand. So in a couple of weeks it will either be charges dropped for whatever (likely confidential) reasons or full guns blazing toward trial, with set periods of time for discovery, etc.

• burro butt says:

He had 3 charges originally I noticed. But it seems they dropped one. (Looking at the public access site I assume you are too) Looks like just stalking charge and assault charge now. Someone got a TRO last week against him I’m assuming it was the Mrs. and the kittens because it was linked to a different court case which isn’t public for good reason I’m sure. Can’t imagine what is going through their poor heads. Drugs are bad mmmkay!

What are you guys looking at, if you don’t mind saying? I’m seeing that B*ee & InSwain have a Permanent Restraining Order Hearing in June …

Also, I wonder if the DV charge gets addressed separate from the others? I didn’t think those charges could be dropped …

• Malformed Face says:

If this is from the wife, it’s going to be full guns blazing. She is determined to keep the kids away from him, so why back down? And he isn’t going to give up his rights to have charges dropped.

• Worrisome Pelts says:

The DV is a felony, so it probably would be handled differently.

• burro butt says:

@Brayella if you google boulder county clerk of courts the site should come up.

@WP: stalking is also a felony chg (F5 in this case, which is lowest chg for 1st offense, as I understand it).

I’d read somewhere that DWI/DUI & DV are the most common chgs in Boulder Cty, & something is mandated in BC’s DV cases (counseling, maybe? I forget), so there very well may be court dockets dedicated to those alone.

OT: Seems like our cty was going to implement such a thing for DWI’s, but I don’t know if it ever came to fruition. Did you get flooded out yesterday?

• Malformed Face says:

Status conference is a federal law…. (I read Wiki, so now I’m an expert, expect to see me on a panel, MSNBC soon)

• Handbag is a Master Spankstress says:

He seems to post maniacally and then go awol. He’s back to making his rage face in his selfies, too. Dude is truly one of the most unhinged people I’ve ever come across.

• Malformed Face says:

I checked here: http://www.bouldercounty.org/safety/jail/pages/jaillisting.aspx He hasn’t been in the clink in the last 2 days.

• Julia you are batshit unhinged crazy says:

I love hearing about The Dentist

11. RollsRoyceRevenge says:

Do you have recommendations for other amazing natural products?

Sure do!

Specifically:

– Shampoo and conditioner – raw eggs and bacon
    – Bubble bath / body wash – eat beans an hour before going into the tub
    – Hand soap – sorry, washing your hands removes layers of aura! Never do this!
    – Face cream – avocado (either the fruit or the DJ)
    – Coconut oil (I’ve been getting mine at Costco and I don’t really love it) – try the brand at Texaco! They sell it next to the spark plugs.
    – Cleaning supplies (including dishwasher soap and laundry soap) – hack a hole in the roof and let the rain do its stuff
    – Candles / Incense – earwax and more beans!

12. ks says:

“Tom’s of Maine (non fluoride) toothpaste”

Oh, LOL. Why don’t you just stop going to the dentist altogether?

• Wolf, Hemmingway and NACHOS says:

Exactly.

Cavities? What cavities?

Who needs teeth?

• Yeah, No... says:

anti-fluoride????? Isn’t this getting into the tin foil hat territory?
      Anti-vax is surely around the corner.

The crazy doesn’t stop, just spirally out of control and this is Julie’s only
      Way to control it.

Get meds for your head, and Colgate for your mouf.

• Yeah, No... says:

And another thing….. Julie, who’s not that interested in Europe, or anyplace else besides Burning Man, should wake the fuck up & look around at people who don’t have access to fluoridated water… I’ve seen places full of people with blue teeth & rotting gums. It’s horrid. And statistically, fluoridated water has been a huge success. #science.

• Albie Quirky in Exile says:

My teeth are jacked because the two small towns I grew up in didn’t have fluoridated water. If it wasn’t for toothpaste, I’d be gumming by now.

That said, some people get rashes, etc., from fluoridated toothpastes. But Julie’s probably just wooing her woo.

• Not That Interested in Europe says:

I’ve been rung!

• Grifty Shades of Bray says:

Calcified Pineal Gland!!!

13. Discount Whimsy Bin says:

Chriiiiiiiiist. I use some more natural products due to skin sensitivities and other issues. I researched them on the internet. It was so super challenging, you guys. Like, 20 minutes on Google, without even stopping once to pat myself on the back via Facebook for being so “mindful” and “healthy” (so cheesy! Tee hee!). Vom.

• ks says:

Like everything else, she is crowdsourcing for free giveaways. She says “Does anyone know of a great ? Then she waits and prays to the consumer god Martos that someone will say “Hey Julia, I make/sell/produce ! Let me send you a sample so you can give me a great review on your facebook blogthing!” Then, if and she likes said product, she says something about it and begins working on a photoshoot to promote said product/service.

She thinks this is hustlin’.

• ks says:

oops, i used tags around the ?insert product here? and !insert product here! and it didn’t work.

• not obama's speechwriter says:

But seriously when was the last time she got free anything? The yandy trash?

• Fauxto of Dorian Bray (In Reverse) says:

Shantitown to the rescue!

HELLO?! Coobies?! A fabulous Rainbow Cavalcade of Coobies?! Where have you been, paying bills or practicing archery or something?

• Nosferatu-tu is vibrating through a TSA cavity search says:

Yes, you should only be paying your bills when JABa tells you to pay your bills. Bill paying should not interfere with sufficient attention being paid to JABa, but only if it’s positive attention. 🙂

14. Frequent Liar Miles says:

Also, she is the last person who should replace her deodorant with an organic alternative, since she has a reputation for being … odorous, in the extreme. Even Walgreen’s finest aluminium-impregnated cancer-causing corporate chemical concoction totally DOESN’T work when it comes to Donkey effluvia.

• Grifty Shades of Bray says:

Do we know this?

• Worrisome Pelts says:

Yes. I can’t speak for now, but when she was in NYC, she was fragrant. The sad things is, the person I got it from knew Donkey very well and was using it as an example of how much stress Donkey was under, not picking on her. The pelt funk was a thing to be feared.

• Albie Quirky in Exile says:

My nosewitness testimony is the same, though I was less charitable about it than your friend.

• Worrisome Pelts says:

Maybe the only time I have ever felt bad for a Donkey was when I heard a cringe-inducing story about how some of her “guy friends” acted behind her back on elevators because of the smell. Even if she stank like a hot dumpster, that’s some 7th grade shenanigans.

• Julia Cougar Kalencamp says:

I seriously want to hear more about this. I am not a nice person.

15. LakeWooBeGone says:

Proctor and gamble bought tons of Maine a few years ago you stupid donkey.

• Super Anonymous says:

Her rebel yell to “Put Proctor & Gamble out of business!!!” really pissed me off. I know P & G is far from a perfect company but it employs over 100,000 individuals. I lived in Cincinatti for several years and the demise of P & G would greatly affect that area.
      But, who really gives a fuck about that while Donkey’s in her dirty hippie phase for the next hot minute?

• crazytrain says:

She doesn’t think about what it means to “put someone out of business” cause she has never worked an honest day in her life.

• Super Anonymous says:

So true. There’s little room for empathy in the personality department when smug and condescension clearly have a solid grip.

• Grifty Shades of Bray says:

I am not allergic to anything, and Toms of Maine deodorant (pre-P&G) caused a severe reaction under my arms.

• woogang says:

There was a comedian who opened for Ricky Gervais here in Chicago a few years ago. I can’t recall his name, but he did 5 hilarious minutes about Tom’s deodorant. It didn’t work for him so he looked on line and found pages and pages of Tom’s Deodorant failure forums. Tears, I was laughing so hard.

You know, if she really cares about her health and toxicity she should go live in the wilderness. Air pollution is a much greater health risk than your deodorant, dear heart.

• burro butt says:

The day I tried Toms of Maine deodorant I avoided everyone like the plague and kept my arms glued to my sides. It failed miserably in the St Louis heat. I felt like I was back in middle school when you realize you forgot to put on your deodorant after gym class. Stink for days with that shit. I’ll take my chances with the aluminum. Platinum protection all the way!!!

16. juliaspublicist cried his rhinestone off juliaspublicist cried his rhinestone off says:

I want to vote for her to shut the fuck up.

• Braying Lady Crony says:

I want to vote for her to stop with “healthful.” I fucking HATE that word.

• Wolf, Hemmingway and NACHOS says:

Oh, you will be delighted to know there is a store called “Healthfully” in the East Village (E 4th St).

I have vowed to never shop there, just on grammatical grounds.

• grammarian says:

RUNG RUNG RUNG

• Braying Lady Crony says:

Arrrggghhh! What is wrong with “healthy”? When did people start using “healthful”? I’ve seen others use it on social media but wonder if they actually use it in conversation. If someone tried that with me, I’d slap the shit out of them.

• Super Anonymous says:

Seconded. This version of her mania is particularly annoying and isn’t vibrationally congruent with my current raging levels of PMS.

17. LakeWooBeGone says:

Cat ladies are on fire today/tonite. I haven’t laughed so hard in months and months. Stop before I herniate.

18. Fauxto of Dorian Bray (In Reverse) says:

I just noticed from the recent Moron pix: the nose ring stays in the picture!

19. Fameless Shamewhore says:

OT – Leathery Grifter Update: Someone mentioned that Ali had posted a recommendation for Instacart, a grocery delivery service. In the post, she said she’d been “…using Instacart…it’s the best…And it’s free…” She then posted an affiliate link, whereby she gets $5 for every signup (must be desperate for money, is what I thought).

Then the fun started in the comments…

TL; DR — Ali shills for $5, lies about being a regular customer and about the costs involved. Gets called out. Does not remove post, because $5.

Ali Shanti
    12 April at 18:56 · Boulder, CO, United States ·
    Do you shop at Costco and Whole Foods and would rather someone else do your shopping for you? I’ve been using Instacart (thanks Nanci!) and it’s the best. I shop from home, they deliver. And it’s free. Use this link and you’ll get $10 of free groceries + free delivery and I’ll get $5. (affiliate link)

Susan Coates I was totally drawn in, being that I spend so much of my “free time” grocery shopping. However, I’m not getting that “it’s free”, as you say. Looks like the first order is free, but not subsequent orders. The website is interestingly cryptic about any charges at all on orders, but there seems to be some stuff written about a lot of hidden charges. What’s your experience with that? Has something changed with them and they’re now free?

Ali Shanti I haven’t gotten charged yet though I do tip. I am on my second order now so I’ll let you know. Nanci Tarutz Alpert do you know?

Nanci Tarutz Alpert Orders over $35: Two hour or scheduled deliveries start at $3.99. Within an Hour deliveries start at $5.99. Orders under $35: Two hour or scheduled deliveries start at $7.99. Within an Hour deliveries start at $9.99. Instacart Express Members: Two hour or scheduled deliveries for orders over $35 are free. All other delivery fees apply.

Ali Shanti Lol re NanciCart. Nanci Tarutz Alpert how did I get a second delivery free?

Mia Cara I haven’t tried it yet because I genuinely get so much pleasure from doing my own shopping, but I’ve heard that the first order is free, kind of like giving you a test of the product. . Many clients have called it Instacrack because it’s so awesome, but I do believe above the delivery fee the prices listed are inflated as well and that your overall over may be 10-15% what you might pay in the store…

Ali Shanti Just asked the delivery guy and he said the prices are a bit higher. That’s not super awesome.

Max Nachamkin Prices are much higher with Instacart. $75 grocery bill turns into about $100-110. They won’t give you any the store discounts or special deals, plus they add 10% or something like that. Pretty awesome service though if you hate going the store…They’re very fast.

Ha! Ol’ Raunch & D0nk are so very much alike, I wonder if this particular comment caused her to eat her feelings, or seethe in a quiet rage, or both:

“I delegated all of my grocery shopping to my nannies and assistants…”

• Wolf, Hemmingway and NACHOS says:

Cheesy skillets endorsements can’t be far behind.

Don’t judge: all those turkey feathers are not gonna pay themselves!

• Grifty Shades of Bray says:

A service like this would be good if you are sick. Or like Shanti’s friends, on house arrest.

• Dean says:

I use a delivery service like this for Costco here because I can get so many of the foreign ingredients I use for so much cheaper/at all, but imagine a combination of Black Friday and Lord of the Flies and you’ll be getting somewhere near what a trip to Costco here is like. Sometimes you have to sit in a line of cars around the block for half an hour just to get a parking spot. So, yes, well worth the extra money.

I walk my ass to the store for our regular groceries though.

It should be obvious that the service is not free. How are they supposed to pay for their trucks/workers? She’s an idiot.

• Wolf, Hemmingway and NACHOS says:

She is an evil cunt that would sell her mother for $5.

A business priestess that graduated summa cum dumpster from G-town and ran several multi-million dollar businesses (allegedly) has to know the service couldn’t possibly be free.

Who is gonna pay for the truck, the people that go to the store, the people that wait by the phone, the people that run the office etc etc etc?

• Fameless Shamewhore says:

She was either lying when she wrote she had been using their service regularly (because then she would have known it wasn’t free), or she was lying when she wrote it was free (because she knew it wasn’t).

Either way, this is a wonderful example of Ali’s interpretation of “integrity”. ie lying.

• grammarian says:

amazon has “free shipping”

but she’s a liar in every possible way

• Wolf, Hemmingway and NACHOS says:

Amazon’s free shipping is an entirely different beast.

A company can build the cost shipping into its prices and offer “free shipping”, which means you are still paying for the shipping, just not explicitly (legalese, bunnies).

But if someone is going to a store to buy stuff for you & bring it to your home, they are going to expect some form of payment.

• Random Snowflake says:

It does seem strange that a successful business priestess, who runs multiple million dollar businesses, would be shilling for $5 referrals from her Facebook friends..

She’s probably marking the days off on her calendar until she’s eligible to file another bankruptcy to clear the slate again..

• Whoa, You've Got Me Rock Hard (formerly Hunter Gorham) says:

Can’t Fozzie MagiCuckold do the shopping with her husband? Or are the Jedi Jewels taking up all his time?

• Grifty Shades of Bray says:

They are too busy being vibrationally congruent to grocery shop. That is just for the unenlightened.

• Grifty Shades of Bray says:

Too bad someone isn’t pointing out that this is an affiliate site and that she’s just shilling for dollars.

20. Admiral of the Burro Fleet says:

Not sure why I care if she doesn’t, but if she’s slathering herself in cooking oil and continuing to transformationally fry her blighted potato body in the desert, she’s going to have bigger problems than consumer culture. Zinc oxide is “natural”, burra.

Also, I think she’s on this train because her spackling rituals no longer suffice to make her feel like the prettiest princess in all the seven kingdoms. So, obviously, ALL THE GIRLS are shallow for using standard products in basic personal care and hygiene. Aging’s a bitch when you’re incapable of developing an interior life divorced from your exterior appearance.

• What the what...? says:

I haven’t seen all of these ladies, but the pictures I have seen DO NOT result in me wondering “Wow, look at their skin! I wonder what products they use?!”.

It usually has left me wanting to find some large scale vat of moisturizer and anonymously donate it to their “tribe” or whatever word of the week they’re going by.

21. Grifty Shades of Bray says:

It’s so funny, but when she mentioned podcasting, I knew where she got on that bandwagon. Donkey always pokes at the last shiny thing she’s been shown.

A semi-woo friend of mine who is a friend of Donkey’s and of many others in her woo circle was circulating this the day before Donkey’s post:

22. LakeWooBeGone says:

There’s another fire sale happening on the money map if anyone wants to enrollz.

23. Pass the Nachos Please says:

Way to accelerate you aging and look more like the Scam Priestess, Donk!

And good luck with the podcasting. Podcasts are WORK. Are you going to crowdsource the equipment, editing and hosting? Will you move your fake fans over to that site too?

Goooooood luck. Hahahahahahahahahahah

We’ve already heard the last of a d0nkey cudcast right when we heard the first of it. Still waiting for that EXPERIMENTS IN HAPPINESS YOUTUBE CHANNEL she promised in 2013 — the same people she’d never get for those interviews are who she still couldn’t get for her stalk braydio interviews.

24. For serious?? says:

Forgive me if this is already common knowledge, but Meghan/Pointy has started a wellness based biz incubator called FounderMade!

I hope that one of the products her hard working entrepreneurs develops some natural products to help Julie make the complete switch over to natural products.