@GretchinRubin – Gretchin!!!! DIET COKE IN THE MORNING!?!??! or ever?!! Noooooooo!!!! You’re too smart to drink that crap!!

Fresh on the heels of misspelling Rachel Zoe RACHAEL Zoe, she now takes to Twitter to scold one of her supposed idols for having the gall to drink Diet Coke. Trouble is she spelled Gretchen Rubin’s name wrong and directed the Tweet to the wrong person, if GretchIn Rubin even exists.

The chick who has fucked up her face with numerous injections, whose eyes have all but disappeared due to those injections, who has eyelash pelts and a long history of plastic Barbie hair pelts, and has long Tweeted about inhaling several bars of chocolate and/or boxes of cupcakes at once really feels she has a right to lecture anyone drinking diet soda, huh? And not only that, but to suggest she’s “too smart” to do such a horrible thing.

Drink it with pride, GretchEn Rubin!

p.s. Looks like Toilet Julia is someone else’s roomie now following Donk’s latest sisterectomy. How many “sisters” have fled now? Mary, Jordan, Randi and now TJ. Any more?

124 Responses to Donk Has Trouble Correctly Spelling People’s Easily Spelled First Names, Remains a Gigantic Douchebag

1. Beauchamp says:

Sisterectomy. Fucking brilliant.

I’d love to take credit but I think it was Albie Quirky who came up with that one. And it is brilliant.

• Cora says:

that fauxto shows sad cookware, sad dishes, sad counter, sad trim just all around sad and the opposite of quality or status of any value at all

if poors show fauxtos of poorness, that makes sense, but when status hos inadvertently reveal their lack of a clue and their aluminum pans, oh well

• Prof. F Camping Prof. F Camping says:

genuinely curious (really, not snarking): what are status pans made of?
        cc: Afghani/Mazen Princeton

• Grammarian says:

high grade cookware: stainless, enamal/cast iron. stuff they sell at williams sonoma. not cheap target crap.

le creuset is the leader for enamel/stainelss; there are some knockoff brands, including martha stewart and a newer french brand

you can also get all-clad, kitchen-aid; calphalon; lots of other brands

the pottery/mugs/dishes/flatware there all look like crap

if you’re a poor and you buy your kitchen things at target, rock on. if you’re a desperate social climber and you have crap in your kitchen, and you post fuaxtos of it online, am laughing at you

• Mazen Bucknell says:

I have seen tile countertops done really well. People will rip on me saying this, but it really depends on the grout. That looks like cement-based grout in the picture. If you’re going to do a tile countertop, you need to shell out the extra money to get epoxy grout, which costs 2-3x as much, but will never stain or crack.

Home Depot only carries 1 brand of epoxy grout and it is terrible (very difficult to work with, extremely sticky, needs to be made all at once). You need to get epoxy grout at Lowes or else find a specialty store. Lacticrete makes a really good epoxy grout that comes in an AB step and a C step (the dye to color it). There are about a dozen different colors it comes in.

One time I met a HGTV producer in my local Home Depot and he tried to convince me to check out MAPI grout. Apparently it is only sold at big tile warehouse places. I went 3 different places and then gave up. Anyway, yeah, people will go to great lengths to get grout that won’t crack or stain. You can even spill red wine or coffee or varnish right on epoxy grout… it won’t stain. Pretty cool.

• How Brayella got Her Hoove Back says:

I know that the grout in my bathroom floor is the cheapest of cheap, & while it really doesn’t ‘stain’ from foot traffic (nor has it cracked) it cleans up really nice & bright w/ a steam cleaner.

Don’t know if anyone else grew up cleaning kitchen tile grout w/ a toothbrush, but I’m here to tell ya, steam cleaners are the bomb, so try that for your kitchen, maybe.

• Gone with the Drapes says:

yes on the cheap grout. i lived in a rental with a cheap cheap cheap tragic counter done with floor tiles and cheap grout.

• Mazen Brown says:

cast iron usually

• How Brayella got Her Hoove Back says:

I always check the reviews on America’s Test Kitchen when buying kitchen ware — removes a lot of guesswork & saves me from plenty of impulse buys.

2. Waltzed in from the Maldonks says:

Gretchen Rubin has been warned about Donk.

Do tell!

• Waltzed in from the Maldonks says:

Donk’s braying at GR on Twitter and grasping to bask in her reflected glory did not go unnoticed. I know of at least one person who warned Gretchen to watch out – and this was years ago, in the TMI Weakly days, way before Donk went even further off the deep end. Way before Donk crossed her “sister” Randi and passed private emails to Gawker. Way before Donk crossed the McCains and refused to leave their home for days on end, stalking Jack McCain and using the family as a plot device of her embarrassing reality show. Way before Donk went along with Tucker Max’s rape jokes and sold out her own family member’s rape to win a Twitter argument.

Julia burns bridges she hasn’t even built yet, all because word gets around.

3. Mazen Harvard says:

Danish Mary was Donkey’s roommate back in 2005-06. She fled also.

4. EyeRoller says:

What’s up with this reply to Donkey’s diet soda tweet:

Julie Merkin ‏@JulieMerks
    @JuliaAllison this is for sure the most tiring of your schticks. ps It’s Gretchen.

It’s someone telling her she’s an asshole. She’s probably already tracked down that person’s place of employment so that Jack McCain’s Lawyer can be in touch.

• EyeRoller says:

Donkey’s blocked and unblocked @JulieMerks twenty times and emailed her fifteen redrafted cease and desists in the last several hours since Julie Merkin replied to her comment.

• Mazen Brown says:

It seems that Jack McCain’s attorney (aka Emily R) is a pretty normal, cool, non-Donkeyish girl these days. At least if her tumblr is to be believed.

She was Jack McCain’s Lawyer? Didn’t Donk suggest it was Christine Kelly?

• Mazen Dartmouth says:

There was a weird tweet between Donk and Emily around that time. Also, I would think that C Kelly would know better and have too much to lose? By her own admission, Emily Rose was pretty “lost” around that time. I could be wrong, but my assumption was always E Rose or else Lasagna. Imagine the amount of “I have nothing lose/I don’t give a fuck”-ness you’d need to impersonate a presidential candidate’s family lawyer.

• brayday cray says:

What’s her tumblr link these days? I was always kind of rooting for her (we’ve of same age/circumstance — she didn’t seem like a TOTAL lost cause…), and I liked following her blog back before the URL changed.

• Mazen Williams says:

emilyrose.tumblr.com I believe.

• Mazen Bucknell says:

It looks like she locked it down. I believe it was available as of a week or two ago. She also has a twitter if you look. She seems cool these days, so maybe you can find it, I don’t want to put her on blast and post her life on here.

• How Brayella got Her Hoove Back says:

Calm down, Merkin!

• Mooch says:

And she’s tweeleted. Loser.

I still see it. But she’s currently Tweeting up a storm to bury it.

I don’t see the Julie Merkin comment but I still see the tweet.

• The Final Rose says:

I believe I’m the loser Mooch is referencing. (Julie Merkin, reporting for duty. And wow — now I know how Devin Stetler feels.)

I replied to the Donkey in a hungover rage this morning, started about my day, thought better of poking the donkey, and deleted my reply. (All before Julia even stirred, I imagine!) When I’m of right mind, I have no desire to engage with LaDonk.

• A colossus of scheme juices and failure says:

I am telling you: namaste Donkey is going to be the most insufferable of her incarnations.

Fundamentalist vegans, yogis, macrobiotics etc are insufferable by nature: throw Donkey’s grating personality into the mix, and it is safe to assume that the cuntitude will reach heights previously known to mankind.

In other words: if the canklehausen doesn’t kill you, it is going to be a lot of fun.

• Tingolayo says:

Esp. since she never practices what she preaches. If she’s planning to latch on to veganism, is she going to give up cosmetics with lanolin and carmine? Give up the suede clompers from Baker’s? Give up silk dresses? (Oops, no problem there.) Give up cough drops that have honey?

Even frickin Ted Nugent is a “vegan”once in a while, by Julia’s standards, if he eats a peanut butter sandwich and an apple for lunch.

• How Brayella got Her Hoove Back says:

RELATED OT: I’ve forgotten the whole thing about why ‘being true vegan means not eating honey’, but I do remember that I didn’t / don’t buy into an existing honey shortage. Not sure where I was going w/ that; just saying.

Plus, I’m allergic to bee stings, not in a minor way, & have always thought even one around is one too many — I guess that makes me unsymp … not there yet — convince me, pls.

• Grammarian says:

a vegan i know calls honey “bee vomit”

the theory is that it’s from animals, so it’s not vegan

• Tingolayo says:

What Grammarian says– vegans say that honey is for bees, bees are killed when the honey is taken out, etc. (Dunno– never seen it done.) I’ve also heard that eating local honey can build your immunity to hay fever. OT, but things that a donkey would never even ponder, one way or the other.

Bees make the honey for themselves to eat, not for humans to eat, and some bees are always killed in the process of taking out combs (plus some bees might starve without all the honey).

It’s the same logic as why vegans don’t eat eggs (most of which are just hens’ periods) or drink milk.

• How Brayella got Her Hoove Back says:
          • Norse Horse says:

I love honeybees. Rescued a couple this summer, one from being stuck on a window screen, one from a puddle. They flew off unharmed, which made me happy.

Not crazy about some vegans, though. Hey, I’m happy with your ethical food choices, now stop boring me talking about it. I don’t care. Not saying this of all vegans, just some I’ve met. I could not care less about her food issues (and sorry, it’s always a “her”) and it is so tiresome, but they always seem to bring it up. Good for you. But sorry, we humans are giant apes overrunning the planet, it’s nature and biology that dictates that our bodies need protein, that we eat other animals. We’re designed as omnivores, it is not a moral choice. I am absolutely all for the most humane and ethical treatment possible of the animals we raise and consume. But nature is cruel, and nature dictates our human bodies need this, it is not a choice. This is just the truth, and no disrespect meant at all to vegans or vegetarians. It’s biology that rules what we eat, and if we don’t eat, we die. We are part of nature too.

5. Tingolayo says:

More exemplary behavior from our netiquette expert: attempting to shame another adult by feigning concern. I’m sure Gretchen Rubin thinks artificial sweeteners are health foods.

I take this as a green light from JA to criticize other people’s choices. ;)

This is what drives me nuts about her chiding people publicly. Isn’t this the poor online bullying victim who has said no one should judge her?

6. Tingolayo says:

Who is this kooky Gretchen Rubin, who uses the terms “husband” and “spouse” instead of “The Boy,” and gives advice such as “Secret of Adulthood: Pay Special Attention to Anything You Try To Hide” instead of “Lie, Lie, Lie; Deny, Deny, Deny”?

7. darling dearest says:

she’s the perfect person to be shaming about eating — Julia’s tweet right before this one:

“Just watched the 2nd episode of @MindyKaling’s The Mindy Project & it is the best thing ever to happen to me that doesn’t involve sugar/men.”

8. Albie Quirky says:

She needs to get the fuck off her anti-Diet Coke crusade. First, because it’s annoying as hell, and second, because everyone she wants to get a jerb with from now until ever probably mainlines that stuff (I know I do).

I mean, what does she want people to drink in the morning? Sugar is outlawed and Diet Coke is the devil, so are we all having unsweetened green tea or some shit? I will fucking cut a bitch if I try to start my day with that.

I have become obsessed with chai. I drink it all the time, with a bit of milk and OMG OMG a packet of Splenda OMG OMG call Julia Allison, Sudden Queen of Healthy Eating!!

• How Brayella got Her Hoove Back says:

Ginger tea sweetened w/ honey — simple & tasty.

My cathus will only drink vanilla chai now. He’s totally off the coffee.

• fig says:

Have you tried the Kusmi Tea chai? After getting over my reversed brand snobbery I did and it’s the best damn chai-you-don’t-have-to-boil-forever I have tried so far.

Will definitely seek it out!

Trader Joe’s has a really good red chai. Love it. I just hesitate to go to TJ’s because I’ve heard there are obnoxious donkeys in the parking lot who terrorize you if you dare slow down to wait for a parking spot.

• bitchface says:

only if you have your child with you

• bunnies says:

I too am a morning chai person, or black tea (tazo awake noir [i discovered there is a difference between just tazo awake & tazo awake noir & that felt like shit at 6am] or twinings). PSA I found the tazo organic chai at walmart for less than four american dollars when Amazon was trying to sell it to me for eleven to fifteen.

• EyeRoller says:

Also, we know, Donkey, diet soda sure as hell doesn’t cure cancer, and neither does most anything in life. It’s called be an adult, set your own example, make your choices, live with them, and shut your crusty fucking tofu-hole. If you don’t fucking like mother fucking diet soda, then quietly choose not to drink mother fucking diet soda and shut the fuck up about it, don’t track down other people and announce while pointing at them “You’re stupid because you drink diet soda.”

Preachy tool preaches like a tool.

You know what’s good — Canada Dry Diet Green Tea Ginger Ale. Very very very tasty, and does not taste diet-y at all.

That sounds awesome. Am going to look for it.

I love green tea. Two favorites: Trader Joe’s Iced Mint Green Tea. Comes in a big gallon jug. I pour over ice and add a bit of Splenda. Delicious! And there’s an iced Japanese Green Tea with Jasmine that comes in a green can. I get it at the place where we get sushi. That one doesn’t really need sweetener because of the jasmine. But I add a wee bit cause that’s how mommy rolls.

I’ve definitely weened myself off the Diet Coke and drink more green tea. But I’ll still enjoy a can at work. Frosty cold right out of the fridge on a crazy hot day? Fuck Yeah. And since I know how tasty/refreshing it is? I would NEVER judge another lady for enjoying it. Who the fuck am I to play diet soda police? Bish please.

I do love green tea! And I drink it all afternoon. I just need more of a kick in the morning, and my stomach can’t handle coffee anymore.

I just don’t want Julie Albertson to be lecturing people about morning beverage habits I share, because she is the antithesis of health.

• bunnies says:

Hmmm, maybe I’ll try that. Normally diet ginger ale of any kind makes me want to kms bc it’s so awful. Regular, full sugar ginger ale or nothing at all.

This. A friend in NYC called it ‘Nectar of the Goddesses’.

• Tingolayo says:

The day I take health advice from someone who has synthetics visibly bubbling beneath her skin, and lifeless vinyl hair……

• How Brayella got Her Hoove Back says:

Haw. Was about this time last week when Mulia Mallison was claiming to have had her very own health scare … so yeah, she’s the poster d0nkey of health hell, alright.

• Grifty Shades of Bray says:

And she still has no health insurance, right? So shut the fuck up about other people, Donkey.

• Mazen Amherst says:

I don’t see what being vegan/vegetarian has to do with avoiding soft drinks. When I was first giving up meat, I was on a student budget and ate pizza or spaghetti 3-4 days/week and I always found diet coke to go well with pizza in particular. The real issue is — if you’re giving up meat because it’s produced unethically and bad for the environment, there is no overlap with the reasons to give up diet soft drinks. And if Julia’s trying to act all healthy… LOL, her entire face is plastic/restylane/juviderm.

• SirClompsAlot says:

She would be the first to shill Diet Coke if they would have her. Or else she’d take the money to shill it and then still badmouth it.

9. Random Snowflake says:

Speaking of healthy.. It must be sooo healthy for Dr. Bobby to inject her face with botulism through all 10 layers of clown spackle there. #healthy

10. Lily's 3rd Eye says:

BEVERAGES:
    Green tea gives me an upset stomach, as does peppermint tea. I feel like that ginger ale would make me sick? I know, I’m a weirdo. I drink one giant motherfucking cup of coffee in the morning. YUM. Then if I am exhausted/hungover, I get a diet coke or cappuccino in the afternoon. Korean ginger honey tea, the kind that looks like jam in a jar, and melts into the hot water is awesome , as is jasmine tea, which has a lot of caffeine. (And reminds me of the rolling stones, so there’s that.) Also mango infused black tea : delicious and powerful. My friend got me $2.50 Bruce Cost ‘fresh’ ginger ale and it was twee but great. Sorry I am being boring.
    I pretty much only drink wine, water, or coffee, like an old French lady. But I like beverages.

JA: JA is transparently famestalking here. Whatevs, but my burning question for JA is , if its Saturday night/ Sunday morning aren’t you too busy having heterosexual sex with your sexually talented and sexy heterosexual sexual partner to fucking tweet about fucking Diet Coke? And if you are not having the sex, don’t you at least want to appear as though you are either out and about being fabulous, staying in and doing work on book proposals or screenplays, or couples tantric meditation or just too busy to think about that stupid bullshit? Anyone who drinks Diet Coke Sunday morning went out Saturday night right? JA = tone deaf.
    ” Wifey”: Odd that Julie Price is a’ wifey’ to her roomies – til she leaves. These kids today I don’t understand them.

AND TL : DR : I LITERALLY have an elderly purring cat in my lap. I am LITERALLY working on a screenplay for clients right now. I LITERALLY have a date tonight with a sexy sexual person, woo hoo. It is not nor will it ever be prom themed. I think it will be ‘horny’ themed.

11. How Brayella got Her Hoove Back says:

If only Tinkerballz Goat Soap would gain 30 lbs …
    [img]http://i50.tinypic.com/elzbm.png[/img]

12. diluted brain says:

I believe Diet Coke is fine in moderation. I don’t think one can (maybe 2 cans?) will do any harm. She really is a hypocrite to judge anyone’s food/drink choices since all she eats and drinks is crap. If she wants to drink a diet coke or a bottle of vodka in the morning, who is it for you to judge publicly on twitter?

• Waltzed in from the Maldonks says:

I get hassled by well-intentioned friends about my soda habit all the time. It’s never welcome. Really, really rude to nudge anyone about their food choices, no matter how gently. Unsolicited advice is tacky as hell, so I’m not surprised Donk goes there.

I’ll take my health – and my diet, which does not include vast quantities of Amy’s canned chilli or Houston’s veggie burgers – over hers any fucking day.

• Mazen Amherst says:

What is bad is when you notice yourself needing the beverage constantly throughout the day. I’ve been there and done that, it was a hard habit to break.

• How Brayella got Her Hoove Back says:

I’m often around this small kid who ewws at pretty much anything not: mac-n-cheese; cereal; spaghetti or from a drive-thru, & so one day quite a while back, I’d told her that ‘ewwing’ at people’s food choice was no less rude than ewwing at how they’re dressed.

Heh. Just the other day, she looked at my kind of elaborate lunch & said: “I think I like what your plate is wearing …”

I know grown adults who do that. Not just “ewwwww” but, as in the case of my oldest but most fucked up girlfriend, will describe something disgusting that she thinks the dish looks like. This is a major reason why I rarely return her calls. So childish.

13. New Year New You says:

Diet Coke make you strong like ox.

Eh, I’ve been hardcore Diet Cock drinker for twenty years. I’m still here.

14. Factory Seconds says:

[img]http://cl.ly/JzZm/Screen%20shot%202012-10-07%20at%203.38.50%20PM.png[/img]

Barf.

• Factory Seconds says:

Wow. So sorry, so fat for the size.

• Tingolayo says:

Again, years after everyone else has been doing it, or has heard about it. I’m waiting for the Mercedes to be replaced by a grifted Prius.

• Tingolayo says:

I’m all for supporting small business, but I’ve also made my own deodorant cream for just pennies. It’s fine for low-activity days. But a donkey has to bray about how “eco” she is.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/S20yGs.jpg[/img]

• Who do you think you are? says:

What’s your recipe? I use mostly coconut oil & cornstarch, with a little shea, baking soda, and tea tree oil. Coconut oil is unstable with temperature fluctuations, though. Mine tends to separate. On the plus side: it takes about 10 min to make, both my husband and I can use it, and it’s so much cheaper that store-bought.

• Tingolayo says:

That’s it, but I didn’t have cornstarch. I add whatever essential oils I have on hand (lemon, eucalyptus, lavender, etc.) I keep it in the fridge because it does melt. I have lots of ingredients around because of ….mumble mumble… soapmaking.

• Who do you think you are? says:

I don’t make my own but we only use organic soap – handmade if it’s available. I don’t know what’s involved or if it’s difficult? Otherwise I’d give it a try.

• Tingolayo says:

Soapmaking can be a pain, and I don’t think you save much $$. Basically, you mix an acid (olive, coconut, palm, etc. oil) with lye/sodium hydroxide, stir it until it thickens, add scent and/or color, and fun add-ins like shea, apricot oil, whatever, and cure it in molds.

You need to invest in molds and gallons of oil, and be very carfeul with the hot lye. But it’s fun and makes great gifts for The Boy in your life.

• Who do you think you are? says:

Or, she could just make her own deodorant and shut up about it. It’s super easy (there are variations on the same recipe all over the internet) rather than spending $12 plus shipping on a small container of it from Etsy.

• fig says:

Ugh. After publicly shaming an ex for using natural deodorant (“It doesn’t work.”), she really should shut up about it now.

15. SirClompsAlot says:

OT because I’m behind and catching up on posts. Just watched some of those FW videos. I’m going to call Devin Stetler “Risky Business” now because of those tool sunglasses. Who wears sunglasses during an interview?!

She tweeted: “Pain is wanting things to be different than how they are.”

17. JFA says:

Her self-righteous yogini healthy living personality is really the most offensive of all. Fuck right off, asshole.