And there’s also this to look forward to — a Miss Advised live chat as the show is airing. Donkey always does so well on those, when the questions get pointed and insistent, right? ChatGate — never forget!!! (Also — look at that fucking Tisdale website. Look at the photos of The Tis in the banner. OMG, birds of a donkey feather flock together).

But here’s the thing, lovelies. I can’t live-blog the show and live-blog the chat. So do I have any volunteers willing to send me a rundown of the chat, or do it in the comments? Or, email it to me and I can do it as a separate post?

57 Responses to It’s Monday, Cat Ladies, And Soon We’ll See A Braying, Sobbing Hosebeast Slap A Dude For The Crime of Refusing to Love Her

1. Hunter Gorham says:

These broads are gonna slay it tonight.

2. Dld says:

For the love of Greg will someone help an Australian cat lady out and tell me how I can watch this? No links seem to work. I hate myself, and judge myself harshly for wanting to see it, but I’ve been following this crazy bitch from our basement for so long that I would like to see it in it’s full horror. If not, JP, I look forward to your recap.

If you have an American iTunes account, you can watch it anywhere in the world. Do you have any American friends/relatives who would allow you to log into their iTunes account? Trouble is, however, you won’t be able to see it until the next day, and you have to pay $3.99 or whatever it is.

• Dld says:

Thanks jacy, I’d pay to see it (hangs head in shame), but don’t have any friends in the states. I’ll just have to wait for the recap.

• CDB says:

I have a slingbox account that you can watch it on, Send an email to Jacy and she will email me. I will give you instructions on how to watch it. ALl you need is internet

• CDB says:

you can get started by downloading the slingbox application you your computer. It is on their website and is free. then all you will need is my username and password….. which i will send by email,,, if you have any problems I will be watching and you can email me. we can set it up before to be sure

• Dld says:

Thank you! I’ve emailed Jacy with my email address and I love that you are going to so much trouble to help me watch it. This sling back that you are trying to set up for me, does that mean I have to watch the show in real US time? I desperately want to watch it but it’s 2.30am here and unlike the world’s least productive donkey I need to work in 6 hours. Can I download it?

• CDB says:

It is as if you are controlling my cable box. I will record it and then you can watch it whenever you want. you have to make sure you know how to find the virtual control for the cable box then go into the dvr and play it but if you give me a time i can set it up so that all you need to do is press play… so servicey am I….

• stalker is the new fat says:

you need to change your name to Awesome Bob.

• CDB says:

My Mom taught be well

• CDB says:

Me, I meant to say .. Me Me Me Me Me….not be

An alternative to Jacy’s suggestion is Amazon Prime — I don’t know if it’s an option beyond the USA, but if so, the eps are $1.99 & seem to be available by 7:00 a.m. CST. Couldn’t you access either by a VPN?

• chesca says:

have you tried this site? it’s not streaming, but they post the episodes about a week later http://watchseries.eu/serie/miss_advised

3. Checklist Point 74 says:

Try http://watchseries.eu/serie/miss_advised. Episodes are delayed by a day or two, though.

4. Julia's Authentic Pelts says:

so looking forward to the live-blog of the show, jacy! you did such a great job last week, it was hilarious. Greg, i love mondays!!! i’m an old (8 years past expiry!) and i don’t know if i will be able to figure out the live chat. i plan on watching just the televised cray.

5. Helena (Pterodactyl Trallala) says:

So sorry, so OT: The Writing Class by Jincy Willett. Great book, highly recommended. I am currently re-reading it because I’ve started writing what may amount to an OMG novel, and there’s some good advice in there, among other cool things. I am also amazed because Jincy Willett apparently looks EXACTLY like I imagine Amy Gallup, the protagonist of the book. I mean I get it that the character is supposed to be to a high extent autobiographical, but it’s really striking, down to her facial expressions.

• Tremendous Liar; Donkey Repugnant says:

Am adding that to my list! And hm, the long set of titles in my list has nothing in common with the set in Julia’s 73-pointer.

• fig says:

Ordered! Thanks.

Helena and fig, are there any great new Czech and German writers we should be looking out for in translation? You both have such great picks for English-language books.

• fig says:

In the last few years I have read embarrassingly little German fiction, so I am not a help here. But there is a blog about German fiction that got translated into English that seems amazing http://lovegermanbooks.blogspot.de . All the articles are tagged by author, so you can browse it easily.

The only recommendations I would have are:

Kathrin Schmidt. She won the German Book Prize for her latest novel, so maybe she will get translated into English some day. I enjoyed her first novel “Die Gunnar-Lennefsen-Expedition”.

Tamara Bach. She writes Young Adult novels, and her first one “Marsmädchen”- “Girl from Mars” did get translated into English. I love all her books, but I also know and really like her, so I might not be too objective. (Actually, I am a jealous rage beast towards anyone I know who actually writes and writes well, but I still really love her stuff.)

And then all I can think of is a novel I did recommend to people just because it was published in the US, but have not read myself and don’t think people I recommended it to really enjoyed. It’s Sasa Stanisic “How the Soldier Repairs the Gramophone” and still on my to read pile. I bought it because we had an overlapping circle of friends, but I was too much of a jealous rage beast to enjoy his style.

• fig says:

PS: The three German authors I will be checking out in the next months are Juli Zeh, Judith Hermann und Julia Frank. Will report back.

(Also, this totally hit a nerve, because just a few weeks ago I decided to catch up on current German fiction again. It’s just so damn expensive to buy the books. We have fixed prices for books here, which is lovely and I really want to support it, but it also means I can not afford to buy new hardcovers, the library is always out, and when the paperbacks finally come out I have moved on or am distracted by shiny and deliciously cheap American second hand books.)

• Fameless Shamewhore says:

Seven Years by Peter Stamm.

It is absolutely fantastic – here’s the quote from the Telegraph: “A tale of lust and deceit…has the makings of an existential classic, yet sows mystery without once being opaque – it’s deliciously, deceptively easy to read.”

I couldn’t stop reading it. Cannot imagine you catpeeps not enjoying it.

6. So. Blessed. says:

[img]http://i49.tinypic.com/24mb8sl.png[/img]

Chin chininny, chin chinniny, chin chin charoo!

7. solidarity cat says:

sorry o/t but Dan served a donkey over on facebook abt the tony robbins firewalk bs:

Dan Shalmon But… best avoid the firewalk.
    9 hours ago via mobile · Like
    Julia Allison ‎Dan! I did the firewalk and my feet are FINE!!!!
    8 hours ago · Like
    Dan Shalmon The plural form of ‘anecdote’ is not ‘data.’ You got lucky or walked fast.
    For the record, I think that in this day and age (and place), only a simpleton would believe that walking on a Weber Grill either causes or confirms some kind of psychological transformation.
    Someone who sells the opportunity to do this on that basis is either an idiot or a snake oil seller preying on the vulnerable and ignorant.
    Tony Robbins is worth $480 million (est.).

• Helena (Pterodactyl Trallala) says:

Nice.

Also, Donks, FINE is something your feet have never been, trust.

• So. Blessed. says:

ZING. Thank you, solidarity cat.

AWESOME.

“The plural form of anecdote is not data.” You could say that about every fucking thing she posts.

• So. Blessed. says:

I think Dan’s won the Internet today.
        Don’t forget to watch “Vulnerable, Ignorant, and Drowning in Snake Oil: The Julia Allison Baugher Story” this Fall on Lifetime.

• Tremendous Liar; Donkey Repugnant says:

If one checked Donkey’s comprehension of that sentence by asking her to rephrase it, here’s betting she couldn’t do it.

• Tremendous Liar; Donkey Repugnant says:

Awesome Donkey takedown. Being so very wrong all the time must be quite exhausting for her. Too exhausting to allow her to visit hotel bars.

Gotta say, though, I don’t fully agree with Dan. I think fire walking is a pretty safe trick (ILLUSION) as long as you’re certain the coals have been prepared correctly. So I’d never do it at a grifter circus, but I might try in different circumstances.

8. Blinking.S.O.S.at.the.Camera says:

Dan has obvs never overcome the enourmous obstacles of a Life Changing™ challenge. Oh wait …
    Ya, but he used boring science so it totally doesnt count.

Methinks Donks is not exactly having the time of her life in Hawaii. She posted on fb that she misses her family. And she hasn’t been bragging about this episode of MissAdvised. She must come off worse than last week.

Well, she’s at a grifter financial seminar either chasing an uggums grifter wallet or pretending to do so to make some other guy jealous. If she really is there “with” Pillsbury, he’s on his Twitter nonstop and not acknowledging her in any way. Of course she’s not having fun!

I miss my family = I am not getting enough attention.

10. Pelts O'Glory says:

For the love of God can someone tell me where I can find the preview for this week? I want to see this upcoming slap!

11. Jack the Bulldog says:

Among the fawning comments on Tisdale’s website re tonight’s webcast: “I hope some people ask her questions about her career, like scary movie 5, soa, or if she has anything else lined up.”

Still at a lost as to why Bravo wants to badly to establish a relationship with Tisdale, as cat ladies have insisted is the case. Scary Movie 5?!

12. Smooshed Macaroons says:

In all fairness to Ashley Tisdale, I don’t think that’s her official website – I think its one of those weird fansites that are dedicated to her. So, the comment about the banner is a little unfair – I mean, she has to do publicity shots all the damn time right? She’s supposed to be pretty famous?