Busted Donkey

As a new day dawns, I am still a bit stunned by what went down yesterday.

1. Donkey tipped us via our automated form that she is dating an Internet celebrity who’s not really into her. She did so by pretending to be someone from Guest of a Guest.

2. We suspected immediately she was the tipster, and I posted our suspicions.

3. She then woke up, read the site, and must have been taken aback that we were immediately onto her. She also decided she didn’t like the way we’d presented the information she’d sent us. Assuming that her “tip” via the automated form had masked her IP address, she then emailed under her own name to “set the record straight.”

Think about that. She tipped off her “online bullies” about her dating life — the very people she cajoled her father into threatening with legal action not too long ago. When the tip wasn’t presented the way she wanted it, she emailed the “online bullies” — again, the very ones she cajoled her father into threatening with legal action — because they failed to advance her agenda.

In a long exchange with us, she screwed over Lasagna and told a litany of lies while proclaiming her innocence. Except IP addresses don’t lie. I wonder how — or if — she’s going to explain that one. Someone hacked into her home? Flusher Price is the culprit?

I hope the Bravo producers are finding it interesting.

80 Responses to Busted Donkey

1. Pictures don’t lie …
    Busted Donkey(‘s face) is busted.

2. "Pilot" is the new "keynote" says:

I hope this show ends with them carting her away to the inpatient psychiatric facility we’ve been urging her to check into for years. Peter and Robin Baugher, do you really want this to go down so publicly?

• Bi-coastal Birthday Chicken (افغانی ) (AFGHANI) says:

this. Peter and Robin are in a weird spot. On one hand, they could be like most parents of middle aged people. This would mean enjoying their golden years, traveling a little, doing some retirement planning, and taking some pride in producing an independent adult with a demonstrated ability to earn a living and contribute to the world.

On the other hand, their daughter is a lazy, abrasive, out-of-control Donkey and it seems like she was enabled on the pathway to becoming this way. Which tends to suggest that, having enabled her to become this way, they should plan at least some role in helping her. For the last decade, it seems like Peter just paid Donkey Support payments to help with rent, eating at Houston’s, and airbourne boy chasing (NYC/LA/SF/SD, y’all). If there isn’t an intervention or some therapy soon, the Baughers are going to bear some of the blame for not stepping up to the plate as parents a lot sooner.

• expiration date's expiration date (PP) says:

Are Mom$er and Dad$er even remotely aware of what reality shows on Bravo entail? I mean… it’s not like Survivor or The Amazing Race, where bickering and sneaky, under-handed tactics are both relatively non-character-assassinating and expected as part of the “game.” Now, I don’t watch much Bravo (no cable), but in what I have watched, they take pains to show just how absurd people are. And given the promo reel for the new shows, she’s already looking like a lunatic.

The Baughers should be taking out a long-term care veterinary policy for Donkey (make sure it includes mental health benefits!), since she definitely won’t land a husband after this show airs. She thinks *this* site/sight/cite is the cause of all the vitriol surrounding her life? Oh, honey. You just wait.

• Bi-coastal Birthday Chicken (افغانی ) (AFGHANI) says:

Have you seen how people treat Ashlee Laurita from RHoNJ? That girl is *20* years old and people unleash all kinds of judgment. Ashlee is pretty annoying, but she seems like a normal spoiled 20 yr old girl who, if anything, isn’t responsible for her family being in the spotlight or being exposed to people like Danielle Staub. Not that I condone her being a spoiled brat layabout, but she’s 20 and she doesn’t seem to be a druggie, she isn’t knocked up, and she has plenty of time to clean her life up. Plus it seems like her parents have her in check.

OTOH, Donkey has none of these mitigating factors. She’s more than a decade older, she hasn’t been thrown into reality TV by her family–she chose it herself, and in a very serious way she is running out of time to start acting like a respectable adult.

• ugh says:

I think the fact that she went by Ashley last year and Ashlee this year says enough.

• Bi-coastal Birthday Chicken (افغانی ) (AFGHANI) says:

Yes, but she’s 20 and her family is making an effort to straighten her out. She was a minor when RHoNJ started filming. There is hope. More hope than there is with Donkey. The Bravo viewing public should be much, much more harsh on A Donkey who is putting herself out there at age 31, rather than being thrust into it at age 17.

• KS says:

+Like for “long-term care veterinary policy”

It’s hard to get a chuckle from an animal pun on this site where all the horses have been beaten to death but occasionally a good one slips through.

• Ex Spurt says:

I tend to give her folks a pass. Donk’s an adult and accountable all by herself. It can’t be easy coping with a particularly unlikeable offspring. See, here’s the thing, as a parent the whole love thing is unconditional, you have to have your kid’s back even if it’s a bad seed (think Kevin). You can teach all the good values you want but some people are just born personality-damaged with behaviours that are impossible to manage. Dadsers made an arsehole of himself with his C & D’s, sure, but when it’s your kids… Also, I know her mother went with that whole rich mothers’ sons blah blah but I thought she might just be trying to connect. I can’t even imagine.

Maybe I’m giving them too much benefit of the doubt but I really feel for her family. She’s a fucking nasty piece of work.

• "Pilot" is the new "keynote" says:

Love is an action. By enabling her all these years, they have failed to love their child. They helped her become the monster she is today, and it’s time to do some immediate damage control.

Or, you know, not. If they let this continue and don’t even bother trying to get her into intense inpatient treatment, it’ll make even better viewing. But it’s entirely avoidable if they can show they did all they could to help their mentally unstable offspring. Considering their past form, they probably will not bother to get her help.

• Bi-coastal Birthday Chicken (افغانی ) (AFGHANI) says:

This is basically my position. So much info has come out about Donk over the years. How is it possible that Peter or Robin made at least *one* full-court press to try to get her help and we have never heard about it? If they at least tried once or twice and really took some steps, we’d know something about it. Instead, at every junction when a tuned-in parent would do something, they instead faciliated her to learn nothing and just go on living without consequences. She overspends? They send a check. She loses a job? They send checks and/or let her live rent-free in Chicago. She fucks up at Indiana U? They get her into Georgetown. She fucks up at Georgetown? They pull strings to help. On and on and on.

If they tried and failed, we’d know she’s a sociopath and beyond help. But for now, it’s hard to say for sure. She might be able to be helped–hard to rule out if no one REALLY tried.

I have a friend who engaged in tons of self-destructive behaviors, including some of A Donkey’s behaviors like the food and sleep and fucking up jobs stuff. (Unlike A Donkey, she is a good person, so she mostly took her cray out on herself rather than others.)

Her parents, like Donkey’s, were very comfortably off, so they had the resources to send her to The Meadows (a top inpatient treatment center in Arizona) for a couple of months. It changed her life. Turned her life completely around.

That’s the most helpful thing A Donkey’s parents could do for her, but it would mean admitting that something was wrong with their daughter, so it will never happen. Yeah, yeah, she has personality disorders as well, so she’s going to be more treatment-refractory than my friend who simply had depression and eating disorders, but I believe that she could be helped if she could get to a point of understanding she needed help.

3. POPCORN NEEDED STAT! It’s an emerrrrrrrrrrrrrrgency!!

4. LetItExplode says:

You are spot on, Jacy. She is able to convince herself that lies are truths because she is completely pathological. This is how many sociopaths pass lie detector tests.

5. 11th Wang says:

Jacy–you might want to change Bravo to Girlie Action. But then again, I’m sure we’re already at the center of their radar.

Blondie Girl?

• 11th Wang says:

That’s the production company. The people who are actually working on the show.

Bravo will air the show on their network, but Blondie Girl creates each episode. They’re responsible for shooting, editing, etc. Not Bravo.

I said that in case Jacy wanted to get their attention…but um err oops! I was right–we are RIGHT in the middle of their radar anyway.

• 11th Wang says:

Oops. Now I see. Girlie Action is a music PR company. I was confusing my worlds. And now I’m outed!

6. OMGPearskank says:

I’ve also been thinking about everything that went down yesterday while I was stuck on a train earlier today and it struck me that recently she really tries to treat this place as site where real fans gather. Which, hilarious. People who like to gossip about her and therefore would be receptive to such a tip, like on any other fan forum. Didn’t she even call us “Reblogging Fans” when she announced she’d be coming over the other day? So, she talks to us in a way she imagines she would talk to her real fans if she had any, then doesn’t get the expected fawning response, and gets defensive and bitchy about it. Donkey, stop trying to hug tigers, they’ll eat you. Every. time.

7. whaaaaaa says:

Oh Julia, seems you were hoised by our own retard on that one …

• OMGPearskank says:

Did you like Veep? I laughed quite a bit, but I’m still on the fence on this one.

• Handbag Cohen Stuffed With Hair says:

Mr. Handbag and I might have been a wee stoned but we laughed like fools. It was BRUTAL, and so so funny.

• Bi-coastal Birthday Chicken (افغانی ) (AFGHANI) says:

My former law firm’s office was used to shoot part of the season premier. I didn’t watch it, but are you saying it’s good?

**awaits Dadster sending a subpoena to DLA Piper**

• Mooch says:

I LOVED Veep!

• whaaaaaa says:

I thought it was brilliant. As someone who works in DC, I thought it was a sharp take on those Hill people.

JLD is awesome and Anna Chlumsky(!) … I can’t get over her all grown up. The full episode is on YouTube for frees.

• OMGPearskank says:

I was very happy that tv finally found something fitting for Tony Hale to do. Actually, I loved most of it, I hope it continues down that road.

8. SchadenfreudianSlip says:

Maybe we are dealing with a case of Donk-elese. Maybe it was Flusher Price who did it. Of course, Donkey was sitting right by her side telling her how to do it and what to say But having Flusher Price actually type and press send would provide Donkiopath the cover she needs to argue it wasn’t her.

Yesterday’s exchange, while incredibly entertaining, was also infuriating for anyone who has dealt with a pathological sociopath. It just brought back so many bad memories of my own personal interactions with my former boss.

Donkey, you are a vile nutbag. Peter and Robin, you are equally vile for releasing this vile turd upon the world and enabling her to grow into her current level of putritude.

• Bi-coastal Birthday Chicken (افغانی ) (AFGHANI) says:

It’s not Peter and Robin’s fault that she has these traits, if she was born this way… but it seems they reinforced them and they certainly enabled them by making it possible for Donkey to avoid any consequences. Including her ability to avoid having a stable home she pays for herself or a career of any sort.

• Who do you think you are? says:

As nasty and unethical as the harassment was, I can kind of understand why Pettifogger would support shutting this place down when he did – after all, Donkey was at least on a path toward having a legit career as syndicated columnist and a brag-worthy relationship with a Senator’s son.

Too bad Donkey is just too much of a fuck-up all by herself; she’s headed down a shit spiral whether RBD exists or not.

• Malformed Face (like a blow-up doll left in a hot car) says:

It’s over now though. This place is the least of her worries now that she has signed up for a reality show.

Which is the most interesting part to me. She claims she hates this place (even though she constantly tips the mods off) – YET she knows by signing up for a reality show, 1,000 places like this could crop up. That is what is so psycho to me about her.

That she loves any kind of attention, especially the applause she hears inside her head.

• pearipathetic donkey says:

She really does think she IS SO NICE! I would not be surprised if she has delusions that she will spark her own “leave Britney alone” YouTube videos.

• SchadenfreudianSlip says:

I’m going to retract part of my comment in response to Ex Spurt’s comment above. I have far too often passed judgment on Peter and Robin Baugher for enabling the Donkey and in hindsight, its not fair. Ex Spurt makes a great point about unconditionally loving your child. As the father of two very little ones, I can’t imagine how I would deal with a child who turned out to be a Donkey, but I imagine it would be heartbreaking.

So mea culpa. This is all on you Donkey. And you should be ashamed for putting your family through this Bravo thing knowing full well that you can only come across has a vile piece of crap and will cause them to suffer as a result.

• "Pilot" is the new "keynote" says:

If your child displayed obvious signs of mental illness from an early age, you wouldn’t recount this behavior in a “Tee hee, so cute!” tone to major media outlets. You’d get your kid some fucking help.

Enabling is NOT love.

• Bi-coastal Birthday Chicken (افغانی ) (AFGHANI) says:

It does seem like a lot of Donkey’s negative characteristics are/were preventable if she’d gotten some help. And I’m sorry, but if it gets to the point where you’re sending C&D letters and paying for your adult child’s rent and plane tickets, this means you are involved. Perhaps someone else can correct me, but it really seems like something can be done to help people like Julia. If not make them better, to at least make them aware of their condition and seek some kind of treatment.

• "Pilot" is the new "keynote" says:

The ONLY way someone with NPD ever even begins to consider that they may need help is when they are threatened with total abandonment.

As they have waited until she is in her 30s to do anything, at this point her parents would have to cut her off financially and emotionally, stop the enabling, and tell her to get in touch if she ever wants to go into treatment and get better. Brit and Allie, as well as NGMB, would also need to stick with this.

• Pescachickenarian chicken birthday surprise says:

But pilot, was this ever going to happen? It seems ngmb specifically tried to control people with money. She would never cut the donkey off.

• "Pilot" is the new "keynote" says:

NGMB cut off Robin for years. Do not underestimate old broads like that. If she truly cares for her granddaughter, she could at least try to do the loving thing and cut her off.

• "Pilot" is the new "keynote" says:

She doesn’t need plausible deniability — Donkey has demonstrated time and again that lying doesn’t bother her. That’s because she’s a fucking whackaloon.

The benefit of having dealt with narcissists and sociopaths from an early age is that I came to understand that THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT LIKE YOU AND ME. Stop giving them so much credit. They have no conscience and no ability to feel remorse. Lying is just a part of who they are and what they do. It’s not that complicated.

9. Malformed Face (like a blow-up doll left in a hot car) says:

She is so used to lying and no one calling her out on it – to lie about all the shit she has put into her face? To say that Dr. Bobby has only put Botox in her face ONE TIME – when she has 1) Twitted about going to multiple appointments FOR BOTOX 2) Been on camera getting Restalyne shot in her face IN A DOCUMENTARY 3) On her own show TMI talking about getting Restalyn twice and would definitely do it AGAIN.

Donkey, shut the fuck up.

And you had not one, not two but THREE people confirm – 100% – YOU AND CODENAKE TK ARE NOT FRIENDS only minutes after you insisted you were.

LOL… I love this place. Great work mods.

• Donkeycam now! says:

The botox/fillers lie was high-larious.

First she was all “get your facts right if you want to gossip about me”, but when she was confronted with the public video evidence of her lies she quickly changed her tune to “why are you so obsessed with my face?”.

Typical psychopath….

• Malformed Face (like a blow-up doll left in a hot car) says:

I forgot about that – both times her excuse for writing the mods is: “If you’re going to gossip about me, at least have the right information” – AND THEN SHE LIES!!!! About the Botox, Restalyne, Codename TK and DeStorm… oh, Honey.

10. Bi-coastal Birthday Chicken (افغانی ) (AFGHANI) says:

I just love that one of the first things Donkey will see today when she wakes up at 5PM EST/2PM Pacific is this post. No question she checks this site on the regular, probably like a trained animal. I picture Donkey like some Pavlov experiment, continually clicking over here to get a “fix” of attention, no matter how realistically and painfully negative. She can’t stop. That’s the funniest part about this place. And it’s the overarching theme of her stupid life.

• Malformed Face (like a blow-up doll left in a hot car) says:

Also, I love that we are painted as “losers” – look at her day yesterday – went to bed at 4am, work up at 2:30p, sent emails full of lies about all the fake friendships/relationships she’s currently in, walked her dog, rode her bike, went to yoga.

Um, okay, Donkey. Keep winning!

• Bi-coastal Birthday Chicken (افغانی ) (AFGHANI) says:

It’s just so fitting that Donks usually wakes up about the time I get in my car and put on NPR for the ride home. After court-erranding and desk-erranding for more than 8+ hours. Yet supposedly we’re the losers.

Every time I pay my mortgages, I picture her running around Burning Man braying about “no judgments in Black Rock City” with that pathetic hack Alexis Neely who is like 500k in debt and proud of it. I’m seriously happy every month to click the “Make payment” button to send those mortgage payments. Who would’ve thought paying for stuff would be fun? Julia helps picture the alternative–what happens when you’re an adult dependent on Dadster and a reality show that is going to ruin your life.

What’s worse is when she’s still awake tweeting when I’m going for a run pre-work. It creeps me out.

• Cowboys & Brayliens says:

Come on, you already know Donk’s bookmarks: RBD, her Google Alerts page, all of her ex’s Twitter/Facebook pages, the Gawker archives, and her Facebook photo library.

11. dd says:

I love how she sends the email from Guest of a Guest and then pretends not to know who they are. That’s gold.

• Ex Spurt says:

My favourite bit too. Too funny.

• Malformed Face (like a blow-up doll left in a hot car) says:

That was the best. Her “tells” of lying are to provide waaaaaaaaaaaay too much detail in her denials or to completely switch topics, as she did when she was busted for all the Botox and Restalyne she puts in her face, by claiming we’re so sad and we should get other hobbies.

LOL, never laughed harder than yesterday. Thanks, Donkey!

• Dyspeptic says:

Yeah, and acts like “oh, is that blog even alive anymore?” when it is HER fuck-you money blog that is on life support. Understand irony much?

• Bi-coastal Birthday Chicken (افغانی ) (AFGHANI) says:

I also remember that Julia used “the economy is bad” as an excuse when she said she might not be able to sell NS for “fuck you money” for 5 yrs, instead of her original play of 2-3 yrs.

And now, on her Twatter, she is railing against people citing the bad economy as a reason or excuse for anything. LOL.

12. Ex Spurt says:

Also, Julia, I don’t come here for you, I couldn’t give two shits about your facebook, or twitter or dead blogs. I come for the Jacy and jp piss-taking. They’re hilarious.

13. bob says:

she doesn’t know who guestofaguest is?

She had a photographer from that website at her birthday.

• pearipathetic donkey says:

Feel free to relax! That was years ago! Randi doesn’t even remember her anymore!

14. JFA says:

I am technologically challenged in many ways. Is it definite that she sent the tip? I am assuming it is but…just curious.

• juliaspublicist says:

• Donkeycam now! says:

It was either her, someone connected to the Internet in her home or the real murderers of OJ’s wife who, I believe, are very sneaky hackers.

• flatface says:

Yeah, I’m not that tech-saavy either: so the IP address on the “guest-of-a-guest” e-mail tip was the exact same IP address of the “real julia” who back-and-forthed with you guys yesterday?
        Is that right?

I don’t get it. Could it have been someone else – or a different IP address – who was using GofaG as mask? I mean, that’s unlikley… but possible.

• Malformed Face (like a blow-up doll left in a hot car) says:

Come on. Are you serious? Really? So now we’re believing Julia over the mods and TECHNOLOGY?

• KashMoney says:

Briefly, an IP address is basically a fingerprint attached to a transmission, so your scenario is not possible.

• New Year New You says:

NEXT PERSON TO GET THE BLAME:[img]http://blog.juliaallison.com/Images/Lilly%20the%20Puppy%20Sticks%20Tongue%20Out%20at%20Laptop.jpg[/img]

• bitchface says:

IT WAS OJ’s SON! HE WAS INSIDE!

• New Year New You says:

If the tutu doesn’t fit, you must acquit.

• A Donkey is a Ass says:

It’s the Chewbacca defense. But, you know, in A Donkey form.

“…ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is A Donkey. A Donkey is a donkey from the planet Fucked-up Entitled Cunt. But A Donkey lives on the planet Marina del Bray. Now think about it; that does not make sense!”

• pearipathetic donkey says:

Or her new Airbnb guest.

15. KashMoney says:

In trying to get into JAB’s “thought” process, I asked one of her cohorts at one point what would happen if, in conversation, JAB were not-aggressively asked about one of her transgressions. They said she would change the subject immediately.

It’s fascinating seeing someone explicitly caught and confronted with one of their lies in writing, and to have them not even address the issue. I think some of Jacy’s comments literally didn’t even register with her. Part of it is cognitive dissonance, and part of it is forcing control over any conversation and thereby ignoring something “off-script”.

TL:DR: she’s nuts, but we knew all this already.

16. Handbag Cohen Stuffed With Hair says:

OT: Yesterday I read a novel I loved (would be an especially good vacation/plane/beach book — a page turner) by an Irish mystery writer named Tana French, called IN THE WOODS. So recommend it.

If you liked In the Woods, you may like the next novel in the series, The Likeness, even more. I think there are four of them now with a fifth coming out this summer. Very well done.

Lisa Lutz’s new Spellman Files book was excellent, speaking of five-book series. Very funny as usual, but with some more mature, bittersweet touches as well.

• ThreeBlondesDown says:

Yes! Liked the Likeness even more than In the Woods. I love how each books takes a supporting character from the previous one and puts the spotlight on them. Perfect vacation/sitting outside read.

• Pelterina says:

Had to post that I’m re-reading The Likeness right now because I love it. It’s such a great book and I loved In The Woods. The third one I wasn’t a fan of.

• Not! Random! says:

I read that on our family’s spring break beach trip, thanks to an RBD rec. Definite page turner.

17. New Year New You says:

NOTHING MATTERS BUNNIES! THAT WAS AGES AGO!

Her condescension, cuntiness, and inability to engage with anything beyone the mental ability of a 12 year old, is nauseating and disturbingly evil.

Gee Julie, I really can’t imagine why you’re friendless and single, you’re such a motherfucking doll.