Donkey: All Class

From: [REDACTED]
Date: Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 9:48 AM
To: julia@nonsociety.com

Julia,

It is very disturbing that you would use your mom’s rape to try to win an argument on twitter.  It does not matter if your mom’s rape was already in the public record.  I was raped in college and I would be devastated if someone that I knew broadcast that to thousands of strangers on the internet, despite the fact that I was identified as the victim in my college newspaper (because I chose to come forward and be identified).  I have tried to give you the benefit of the doubt on lots of things, but that tweet was just shocking.  It may be very hurtful to your mom and you really should delete it.

———-
From: Julia Allison <missjuliaallison@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 10:06 AM
To: [REDACTED]

I was raped in college too. What right do you think you have to tell me what I should and shouldn’t say about my own family???

My mother was very public about her rape – and for you to presume you know better than my family does BLOWS MY MIND.

You can choose to do whatever you want about your own life. But don’t you dare tell me how to live mine.

Sent from my iPhone

———-
From: [REDACTED]
Date: Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 10:36 AM
To: Julia Allison <missjuliaallison@gmail.com>

Sorry to hear that you were raped, but that is irrelevant to whether you should publicize your mom’s rape to win an argument on twitter.  Julia, your mom’s rape is not about you.  If your mom wants to tell people about it, that is her right.  And you can tell people about your own experience.  But it is just appalling that you would use your mom’s traumatic experience to try to win an argument on the internet with a stranger.  The fact that your mom was raped is not some trump card to pull out to make a point.  If you cannot see that, then I don’t know what else to say.

p.s. check out the feedback you are receiving on twitter and you will see that I am far from alone in thinking that you were out of line.  Also, notice that not a single person has defended you.  That should tell you something.

———-
From: Julia Allison <missjuliaallison@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 11:35 AM
To:  [REDACTED]

Please don’t say anything else. This is none of your business.

Sent from my iPhone

———-

From: [REDACTED]
Date: Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 11:47 AM
To: Julia Allison <missjuliaallison@gmail.com>

Julia, you made it everyone’s business by putting it on the internet. That’s the whole problem here.  You can’t put things out there for public consumption and then complain when you get feedback.

———-
From: Julia Allison <missjuliaallison@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 12:08 PM
To: [REDACTED]

One more point. I wasn’t trying to WIN AN ARGUMENT. I was pointing out that this meant something different to me – rape has affected me personally in ways other tragedies haven’t.

———-
From: [REDACTED]
Date: Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 12:12 PM
To: Julia Allison <missjuliaallison@gmail.com>

Call it what you want. You publicized your mom’s rape to prove a point to a stranger on the internet.  That is wrong, no matter how you want to characterize it.  Again, the fact that nobody is defending you is very telling.

———-
From: Julia Allison <missjuliaallison@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 12:21 PM
To: [REDACTED]

My mom was public about it. There were several stories in the Chicago tribune. I didn’t say anything that wasn’t already out there.

The fact that you think YOU – a stranger – know better about me and my family – astounds me.

Sent from my iPhone

———-
From: [REDACTED]
Date: Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 12:32 PM
To: Julia Allison <missjuliaallison@gmail.com>

I can guarantee that none or almost none of your twitter followers were aware of it.  Do you think people are searching through archives of the Chicago Tribune from the early 1990s?  The fact that your mom was public about it two decades ago doesn’t mean that she still wants it to be public. And even if she does, using your mom’s traumatic experience as some trump card in a stupid argument with a stranger on the internet is just plain wrong.  If you can’t see that, you are truly troubled.

But there’s no point in arguing about it further.  I came to you in a private way to point out that your tweet might be hurtful (as opposed to the people taking you to task publicly), and you’ve responded with only scorn and excuses. I’m starting to think that your “haters” are right about you.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

261 Responses to Donkey: All Class

1. Worrisome Pelts says:

Geez, Julia. Your “crazed hacker fans” and “h80rz”would never have known this if you hadn’t shat it all over your twatter. Know why? We don’t sit up at night Googling you. That’s YOUR hobby.

Julia, nobody will ever be as fascinated by you as you are.

2. Can-Swiss says:

She was always fun to laugh at, I am really starting to hate this women.

• She’s such an asshole! There’s nothing redeemable about her. Every move she makes is slimy and stinky.

• Shamoolia says:

It’s funny … ever since she got RBNS taken down, the hate has grown exponentially. Comment counts here have soared. Lurkers are coming out left and right, appalled at her latest vile behavior. Previously, most of us liked to just point and laugh, and we were often bored by her antics. There was even talk of abandoning RBNS on our own accord. But now? NOW? The vile behavior has been amped up tenfold. She’s on a ragey mean streak like I have never seen before. CTBob (Mary’s friend) said it best yesterday … she’s on a treadmill, going ever faster and higher and eventually she’s going to fall off.

I keep on thinking she’s hit rock bottom. I’ve been thinking that for years now. Yet, she continues to sink lower. She finds the trapdoor on the floor of the basement and crawls right through.

• Braysitive Property says:

Agreed.

• Donksers says:

I loved CTBob’s treadmill comment from yesterday. Perfect description of this nasty girl’s life.

• DarlingIsTheNewPrecious says:

“She finds the trapdoor on the floor of the basement and crawls right through.” Perfect analogy. I picture her on her hands and knees scampering around and tights-clad legs being pulled through crawl spaces all the while muttering to herself “you outta be ashamed, ashamed”.

• ET says:

Yeah you’re right about her hate being more than ever. I had been a long time reader of RBNS since the QOTD days and for a good 6 months prior to the shutdown had not been on here much, if at all. But now? Things are getting juicy again and I can’t stop coming back for the updates lol. She brings this all on herself. I really had grown bored until she broke out Dadsers and this fake boyfriend of hers. If she knows what’s good for her she will stop it all once she expires.

3. Shamoolia says:

What right do you think you have…

But don’t you dare tell me ….

Please don’t say anything else. This is none of your business.

God, the sense of entitlement this bitch has astounds me. Is she the only one allowed to have an opinion? To speak her mind? Her mother’s tragedy is not her own!

DON’T SAY ANYTHING ELSE! DON’T THINK ABOUT ME! IT’S NUNYA BIZNESS! I can just imagine her typing furiously and getting all ragey and all caps and multiple question marks yesterday afternoon, when she was supposed to be WORKING at Fashion Week.

She is vile and disgusting. This person shared a painful story and she was such a classless, rude bitch about it. It’s like she wants to be the only one qualified to speak about rape because it happened to her, too (so why talk about your mom’s experience) It’s not a pissing contest Julia. Cunt.

• Braysitive Property says:

Julia could have taken the high road and just ignored the commenter if it was none of her business…instead, she kept engaging. She just wanted to be “right”.

• Shamoolia says:

Exactly. Donkey experts will note that Julia always, ALWAYS has to have the last word. She is ALL ABOUT “winning” the argument. Unfortunately, in her sad game of one-up-manship, she always just digs her hole a little bit deeper (see also: intern post comments) and shows her nasty true colors just a little bit more.

• Stop Staring says:

Well, see, that’s just it. I keep waiting for the ultimate idiotic statement/posturing via her blog/twitter/whatever that puts the nail in her career coffin a la that NYU prof. who was just asked to resign due to his callous comments about Lara Logan, but Julia keeps getting another chance. She is abhorrently clueless about how lucky she’s been to have safety net after safety net catch her somehow, and yet she’s still a complete douche and so so entitled.

And any person with an iota of decency and judgment would have at least responded to this email with, “I’m sorry that you were raped in college [but I disagree]”, NOT all “IT’S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS” bullshit.

Keep writing those comments to yourself, Julia. As the emailer mentioned, it’s sad that no one else responds to you positively.

• Brianna says:

Funnily enough, she’s just not important enough for it to matter, which is both amusing and annoying. Not even as important as a professor.

If there was a news story ‘Julia Allison, journalist, was fired do to her insensitive and inflammatory public remarks’ people would ask ‘Julia who?’

• sir peltsalot says:

That news story also wouldn’t happen because Julia doesn’t have a job.

• darling mrs. melissa sue [drops phone] says:

Seriously. Once you’ve ended a conversation, you really need to end it.

If you say, “This is none of your business,” then that’s it. It’s not that person’s business. You can’t say, “This is none of your business,” and then continue the conversation. Dumb donkey.

4. sad lilly says:

“Please don’t say anything else. This is none of your business.”

You made this everyone’s business because you posted this on the internet in a public forum you idiot. That’s what the person sending the email was trying to say to you. I can’t imagine ever posting personal inofrmation about my mother, or anyone in my family on the internet.

• Shamoolia says:

It’s astonishing that she lacks the awareness to make this connection. As a commenter said yesterday, the internet wasn’t widespread 20 years ago. There was no Google. No LexisNexis. No online newspaper archives, viewable by anybody. Just because there were some stories in the local paper 20 years ago, does not make it OK for Julia to dredge it up in a public forum on the internet, today. HOW CAN SHE NOT SEE THIS?

She is truly a sociopath.

• Dyspeptic says:

And perhaps the most clueless “social media expert” ever. To not understand that by putting it out there, she MAKES it public business? Mind baughling.

• tots mcakez is tots mind baughling says:

I see what you did there… and I laughed. I also added it to my name. Wee!

5. juliaspublicist cried his rhinestone off juliaspublicist says:

The most disturbing thing about this exchange was that Julia showed absolutely no sympathy for the emailer’s assault. You’d think that if she had actually experienced that she would understand.

Exactly. And that she’d toss out her own rape in a fit of pique to win an argument, not her mother’s.

• sad lilly says:

Basically, “I see your rape and raise you my rape. I win!” That’s fucked-up.

• DirtyLakeMichigan says:

I have reached the point of utter contempt for her these days. I used to point and laugh. Now? I really, really, really disklike her. She’s poison sperm spawn.

• Pelterina says:

Same here. Before I was just a casual observer. Now I actively dislike her. Rape is not a trump card you can pull out and wave around to win a stupid internet argument. The fact that she thinks it is makes her all the more disgusting.

• jack mccain's napoleon complex says:

A+

• juliaspublicist cried his rhinestone off juliaspublicist says:

Let it be known, peoples: Rape Wins Arguments.

• Donkeys Have Expiration Dates says:

Something we can all look forward to in Donkey’s continued descent into depravity: emboldened by her success at using rape as a trump card, Donkey attempts to rape commenter offering constructive criticism.

• Stop Staring says:

YES. I wrote something similar upthread before reading this. I am a sexual assault survivor, and that was the first thing that I found to be unbelievable. Where is the empathy and compassion? But then again, if she had really been that profoundly impacted – i.e. if it had happened to her at all – then I would think that she would have mentioned that rather than her mom’s experience.

I don’t think I’ve ever experienced a sociopath in real like – someone truly without compassion for others – so Julia is really starting to freak me the fuck out.

• Donkeys Have Expiration Dates says:

I dated a legit, professionally diagnosed sociopath until I figured out how nuts she was. And she wasn’t that much like Donkey. She was way more considerate.

• Donkeys Have Expiration Dates says:

However, my lil sociopath also fabricated a story about being raped. She was way more convincing than Donkey, though.

• Expert Gay says:

Just out of curiosity, what about your girlfriend’s behavior convinced you that she was a sociopath? (If you feel comfortable sharing, that is.)

• Donkeys Have Expiration Dates says:

She told me. And she was never my girlfriend.
            She always was a little selfish and became insanely jealous after a few dates, but she never did anything overtly Julia-ish until after I told her I didn’t want her around no mo’. (true story: I stopped seeing her because she saw a new, totally work-appropriate Facebook picture of me standing in front of a building with a girl and thought it best to send me a drunk and distraught email telling me what a disgusting pig I am and how much I was hurting her. The girl was my sister.)

• Expert Gay says:

Ooh, sorry that happened to you. I dated someone who may or may not have been a sociopath (selfish, unempathetic, manipulative), but it ended soon enough.

• darling mrs. melissa sue [drops phone] says:

This comment made me LOL.

6. steve martin says:

vile and disgusting. perfect summation of her.

AND…she’s shouting out to the two people who were like “you’re great, haters suck!”

# @jordanparkinson – thank you so much, Jordan. That means a lot to me. half a minute ago via Echofon in reply to jordanparkinson

# @hillbillyinNYC – THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I really appreciate your support. 37 minutes ago via Echofon in reply to hillbillyinNYC

• juliaspublicist cried his rhinestone off juliaspublicist says:

Those two people are dumb, stupid faux-feminist bitches. Just looking at their avatars, I could already tell that I would be immensely annoyed by them in real life.

• Shamoolia says:

Ha! Hillbilly in NYC deleted her original tweet! Even her “supporters” are turning on her.

This one is up, though. What a winner she is! It’s not YOU…it’s THEM!

hillbillyinNYC @juliaallison some ppl can only build themselves up by bringing others down. Just remember (from your dating days) it’s not u, it’s them. about 13 hours ago via web

• psh. From her dating days? Is she off the market now? Getting pretty dusty up there on that shelf, hon.

• darling mrs. melissa sue [drops phone] says:

Well, she’s not in her “dating days” anymore … she’s bagged a McCain!

Oh that is rich. No hillbilly, in Donkey’s case, it has always been: “It’s not them, it’s me.”

• jpa says:

WTF is that comment. It’s not you, it’s them? How sexist is that? and I’m willing to bet, if you have that mindset, 90% of the time, it IS you.

• LickedRandisCake says:

When you get dumped by a few guys throughout your life, maybe it’s them. At least you could make an argument for it to make yourself feel better.

When every man you’ve ever dated runs screaming from you, gets – or threatens to get – a restraining order against you, when you admit none of the parents of any boyfriend have ever liked you, when the family tells your boyfriend he is NOT to bring you to a family function, and when the sister of one of them punches you the fuck out, ummm, I’m betting it is YOU, Julia.

8. Pelterina says:

I’m one of those observers who is getting more & more appalled at her behavior. Wtf is wrong with her?

9. Shamoolia says:

BUT SHE’S SO NICE! JUST SO, SO NICE!

10. Jacy "Donk" LaRue Jacy "Donk" LaRue says:

I would like to say that enabling comments seems to have driven her mad, but she’s always been mad.

I think what’s going on now is that she’s so invested in this “I have haters, they bully me” bullshit that she views every dissenting point of view as being her haters coming after her and bullying her again. In her mind, disagreement is the same as bullying. She’s now SO invested in the “bullying” thing that she absolutely will not, under any circumstances, confront her own behavior, and really cannot do so now that she’s bagged a McCain and she is determined to paint herself as Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm to him and his family, just a sweet, innocent, sunshine-y, loving, candy-and-rainbows kind of girl being so terribly victimized for no reason by a mob of haters who even leave comments on her blog!! How dare they!!! Don’t they know she’s NICE?!

• Pelterina says:

I completely agree. Now if you raise the issue of her being wrong or doing something inappropriate, she automatically assumes that it’s a form of bullying. It’s not. Trust me, Julia. I was bullied when I was a little kid. I know what bullying is. Respectfully disagreeing is not bullying.

And disclosing personal facts on twitter and then getting all “stay out of my business” is laughable. It’s like performing in a play and then getting all bent out of shape when the reviews are bad. “I didn’t invite you to my show. The fact that you think YOU – a stranger – know better about my play and this character – astounds me. Please don’t say anything else. This is none of your business.”

Yes. This. So much this.

But people have been punching holes in her arguments on twitter for years. I think the madness ramped up tenfold when she got RBNS shut down and tried to take the discussion to her own blog by opening comments at the same time. In terms of her sociopathic need to “win” every argument, shuttering RBNS was a big win in her pea brain. But um… er… oops. You can never win the internet Julia Allison. RBNS is back and bigger and better than ever. More comments than ever. More delurkers than ever. She kicked an anthill.

• DirtyLakeMichigan says:

She does know this right? That ittttt’s BAAAAACCCK!!! Bigger and better than ever??? She has to be enraged that opening comments on her blaaaagh has shown her she doesn’t get ANY positive feedback? OK… there is Reader Becky and her other hidden multiple personalities.

• Big Head Fraud & the Blondsters says:

I think she considered it a double-win, in that she’d drive truckloads of homeless RBNS’s to comment on her blog, thereby gaining (a) all that traffic, & (b) substantiating her victim mentality of being bullied.

Has anyone done the Alexa rankings of before & after the coincidental timing of RBNS’ demise & NS comments?

• KashMoney says:

Jacy, I don’t think she’s EVER been comfortable being challenged. she didn’t deal with it well when Jordo did it, remember?

You’re right. And now she just calls it “bullying.” She’s found a convenient, trendy way to dismiss dissent.

• Donksers says:

I was just going to post the same thing about her not being able to deal with being challenged. I think it goes waaay back to childhood. It seems to me that she’s got the petulent bitch gene in her…imagine the agony of raising this little shit. I think we’re seeing that awful trait on display more often now because more people are directly challenging her. When she’s directly challenged (as opposed to just being snarked about) she reacts like an ugly child because she is an ugly child and has no ability whatsoever to engage with adults as an adult. She’s a child, and that is never more glaringly obvious than when she comes up against a grown up person who has challenged her. She is completely out of her league when trying to argue with an adult, so she always resorts to what she does best which is to stomp her feet and stick out her tongue.

• Shamoolia says:

See also: going behind parent’s back to host own birthday party at country club, even though you were grounded.

According to the mediabistro article, this happened for her 11th birthday, which would have been right around or after this horrible thing happening to her mother. Someone here mentioned Electra complex yesterday and that Julia just couldn’t stand seeing her mother get sympathy and support so that’s when the vile MEMEMEMEMEME behavior began.

• Mini Driver says:

Three years (between ages eight and eleven) is a long time to a kid, though. I was very different in the sixth grade compared to who I was in the third.

11. Big Head Fraud & the Blondsters says:

From: Julia Allison
    Date: Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 10:06 AM
    “I was raped in college too”

I’m curious about something … as her mom was courageous enough to go public two decades ago in order to help embolden other victims of sexual abuse, why is it that donk didn’t even file charges less than a decade ago (when she would have known precisely who her attacker was), much less make an effort to address the prevalence of date rape on college campuses?

I’m going w/ my theory mentioned elsewhere, that Donkey didn’t immediately reference her own rape when having her knee-jerk reaction because it was the event-based-on-truth that immediately came to mind, & not the fictitious one.

February 16, 2011
    (deleted tweet still in Google Reader)
    juliaallison: I can’t even see straight I’m so angry at the ANIMALS who assaulted Lara Logan. WHY DOES THIS STILL HAPPEN? WHY DO MEN STILL RAPE WOMEN???

Why do men still rape other men? Or children? NOT reporting it & prosecuting (especially when your father is a lawyer & you have a strong support system in an entire family who already knows the drill) certainly does nothing to help stop repeat offenders, that’s for damn sure.

• cupcake cray cray says:

I hadn’t even thought about that connection, if her mom went forward and was so public, why wasn’t she? and, with her daddy as a lawyer, that makes it even more troubling.

using her daddy’s law degree to get an anonymous ‘bullying’ site shut down was super-important, but punishing the person who physically violated her didn’t even cross her mind enough to report it? does not compute.

• JayCray says:

I don’t think it is appropriate to judge someone’s lack of reporting a rape as proof that it didn’t happen. Plenty of rape victims fail to report their attack. Not to mention, some of the stores bravely shared yesterday seem to have gone unreported. Doesn’t mean they didn’t happen – just means the victim made a choice (and it isn’t a choice we have the right to judge).

• cupcake cray cray says:

the fact that she didn’t report it isn’t my sole reason for judging that it didn’t happen. I am aware that people are raped and it goes unreported. but in this case, I am looking at all of the parts of the whole, and making a judgment…which is a judgment you seem to agree with…?

• jack mccain's napoleon complex says:

Because there was no date rape back in college. She just had a paper due. But don’t question her, bunny, or it will be you bullying her.

• JayCray says:

Well duh there was no date-rape – this is Julia Allison. She hasn’t told the truth in decades. But my original point still stands.

• Big Head Fraud & the Blondsters says:

Your point is a good one when speaking in generalities, but I was speaking in specifics; & you seem to be agreeing that the rape she didn’t report didn’t happen, because she’s a known liar, which differs from what I said how?

• Wonky Donkey says:

Even if it actually happened, Catholic schools are notoriously bad when it comes to sexual assault cases. Google Kate Dieringer and Georgetown.

12. DirtyLakeMichigan says:

Good God. JA is a fucking pompous, delusional, histrionic, psychotic, self-serving, piece of shit.
    Is she even human? I’d call her a monster but I don’t want to insult monsters. How does this thing even look at herself everyday?
    She is being annihilated on Twitter. Her rage being directed at the one person who shows this bitch some respect by emailing her privately gets the rage she can’t show the twitterverse.
    Where is Karma????

• Shamoolia says:

I don’t want to insult monsters. = This made me LOL.

She can’t look at herself everyday. She covers up her ugliness with spackle and pelts and cheap hooker dresses but those just make her more ugly, more garish, more ghastly.

She obviously can’t live with herself. She hates herself. She LITERALLY cannot sleep at night. She gets her bad karma every day of her shitty life.

• KrakenSkulls says:

You forgot to mention the only thing she ever reads are self-help books. WHO DOES THAT??!

Calm down, I’ll tell you: People that think there is something wrong with their life or outlook.

• Donkeys Have Expiration Dates says:

Calling her Donkey is an insult to donkeys, too. What can we safely call her? This might be the issue that eventually causes the implosion of RBD.

• Big Head Fraud & the Blondsters says:

I don’t see “Donkey” ever going away.
        You’re better off reinventing the wheel. Srsly.

• Donkeys Have Expiration Dates says:

Trust me, I don’t want donkey to go anywhere. It’s even in my username. I just like pointing out that calling her Donkey is insulting. To donkeys.

• Prof. F Camping, Doctor of Donkology says:

don’t want to insult monsters, or donkeys?
      how about we just call her ‘gossamer’.

13. Donksers says:

Julia’s ability to think like an adult is non-existent. If I didn’t know better, I’d swear it was a grown-up arguing with a child. The writer of the email comes across as mature, grounded, and genuinely concerned, and Julia sounds like a stupid, foot-stomping, desperate little brat. The fact that her intellectual and emotional development stopped many years ago is on full display in this amazing email exchange.

14. My nostrils are TOTALLY symmetrical! says:

DEAAAAAAAAAR GODDD. Julia, I’m tooting my own horn here but this is an example of how to behave properly:
    -Friend tells you his gf has had bad things happen in his past, wants to share said bad things with you to get perspective on issues they’re having.
    -Tell friend that you decline to hear details as it is none of your business, she has obviously taken a leap of faith to tell her story, and it is her story to tell.
    -Friend agrees and you discuss ways to cope with said issues without actually talking about said issues.

It’s NOT YOUR STORY. IT IS NOT YOURS.

• juliaspublicist cried his rhinestone off juliaspublicist says:

Exactly, call me old fashioned, but family matters are private and they are to stay that way. I don’t go around talking to my friends or complete strangers of all the crap that my brothers and sister have gone through, because it’s their business, not mine.

• Effervescent Suppositories says:

Surely after 20 years had passed Robin, Dadsers and Britt wouldn’t want it all dredged up again? Robin made her courageous point at the time and deserved to have the matter laid to rest.

Of course Julia can’t allow that. She probably probably thinks coming forward publicly as a rape victim is merely another strategy to acquire fame.

• Donkeys Have Expiration Dates says:

“Silly Momsers, you know getting famous is harder than just getting raped, right? Let’s begin our lesson by talking about pelts and cutlets.”

15. juliaspublicist cried his rhinestone off juliaspublicist says:

What I don’t understand about Julia, and all these webtards, especially Sarah Lacy, is the ire of people on the internet over something that Julia, or whoever claims was misunderstood, it is an indictment on their horrible writing skills.

Yet these people still try to make a career out of being writers.

16. DirtyLakeMichigan says:

Oh… Also??? That picture of her up there showing her fucking huge maw, intestines, and dead soul?? It’s enough to make me wish cows would fly and take a giant shit to land perfectly on that freakin’ dragon tail that’s supposed to be her tongue.

17. Little Orphan Lilly says:

“Please don’t say anything else. This is none of your business.”

Um. DITTO?

That is the entire fucking point, you stupid cunt! Your mother’s rape is none of your blogging business. PLEASE DON’T SAY ANYTHING ELSE.

God, I know I am echoing other people, but…I already knew she was a horrible person. She has done awful, awful things to people in the past. But to do something so repulsive and betraying to her own mother, and to then turn the whole thing into yet another discussion of Poor Bullied Julia, is actually stomach-turning. Any last vestige of “she’s mentally ill, so maybe she can’t really help it” sympathy I had for her is well and truly *gone*.

• Pelterina says:

See, for me, this confirms my suspicion that she is not right in the head. I’m more inclined to blame some sort of mental illness although it might just be wishful thinking because I hate the idea that people can be this foul without a reason.

• DirtyLakeMichigan says:

I think this is why I’ve crossed into the serious dislike/contempt/not redeemable category. I’m waaaaaayyyy past my expiration date but I would take a bullet for my mother. There is no limit I would not go to protect and defend her. No matter what my own mother has made pulic, no matter if she’s right/wrong, no matter what, I have some type of primal reaction when it comes to anything that may hurt her. It’s not allowed to happen in front of me or by me. I have certainly had my moments of being the imperfect child, but daaaayyy-ummm… My mother is a saint as far as I’m concerned. If Julia were my sister and she said any of that shit about my mother???? I’d be on her doorstep in a heartbeat. I’d blast her all over her twatter and liecast.
        She would NOT be happy to have me as an older sister. Not. At. All.

• bitchface says:

she treats her dog and friends like props in the Play of Julia Allison: MY Life; not sure why her family would be any different

• cupcake cray cray says:

DLM, I am the same way about my mother. she can drive me crazy and make me mad, but I absolutely love her and would do anything to protect her.

I made this comment yesterday and I think it fits again here nicely:

lest we forget this is the woman who created “juliasmom” as the twitter handle for her mother. in julia’s mind, robin only exists as her mother, she does not exist as an independent woman whose life experience and world view encompasses much more than the thankless burro she shat out 30 years ago.

18. Julia's Fat Ass says:

How is it none of our business if you PUT IT ON TWATTER????

19. Celisse says:

I honestly can’t believe that she responded with not even an ounce of empathy for the writer, especially as someone who claims to have been raped as well. She is so disgusting.

I didn’t comment on the previous posts because I felt uncomfortable, as someone who has thankfully not had to experience a sexual assault either personally or via a loved one. I didn’t have very much to add to the discussion. I just wanted to say that I think all of you obese catladies are wonderful and brave, and thank you for sharing your stories. I hope you’ve inspired other survivors who may be struggling to find support.

20. KashMoney says:

Guys, as I (and many others here) predicted, she is in the midst of the mother (pun; too soon?) of all meltdowns.

Everything is coming together like clockwork. Valentine’s by herself, all night manic episodes, acting out behavior, oh-no-she-didn’t actions that show us she is always capable of topping herself with horribleness.

Fashion Week ends today. She has to crawl back to Chitown and her isolated despair there. Cued up we have Tahoe fail and the failure of her column to sell anywhere, and then dumping with McCain.

Like Jenga, you can only top yourself so much until there’s a spectacular crash.

It’s unfolding, peoples!!!!

• Shamoolia says:

Each year, it seems like the mother of all meltdowns and every. single. year. she tops herself in horrible behavior. Nothing surprises me anymore. Well, bringing up your mother’s rape on twitter notwithstanding.

She’s not going back to Chicago until she has her EPIC BIRTHDAY SHOOT!

• Julia's Too Small Tutu says:

It’s all due to her totally self made “expiration date” which discounts all women who are living full lives sans husbands over the age of thirty. She built her house of crazy and now she has to live in it, by herself since she seems to have less friends by the hour.

21. Shamoolia says:

And the donkey cycle of mania continues. She’s now giving away things she can’t use (SHE’S JUST. SO. NICE!) and posting life affirming quotes. She knows she got her ass handed to her yesterday and is self soothing. Next up: posting pictures of cute puppies and dresses!

juliaallison
    Will give away my front row ticket for the 12pm fashion show at Lincoln Center by 11:20 am – tweet me if you’d like it! #NYFW
    34 minutes ago via Echofon

juliaallison

22. Stop Staring says:

juliaallison RT @marwilliamson: ‎”If you genuinely have something to say, then there’s someone out there who genuinely needs to hear it.” – Arnold Patent

EXCEPT WHEN THEY DISAGREE WITH YOU.

Or you’re a WordPress blog that ridicules her shit.

• New Year New You says:

Lemme fix that “If you genuinely have something considered, valid, educated and worthwhile to say then go ahead. If you don’t then nobody needs to hear it. So STFU.” – NYNY @twatterdummies

23. Donksers says:

Just checked her blog and was shocked to see that she posted no pictures of herself from yesterday. She either looked like shit or she’s been getting a lot of negative feedback telling her to tone down the sicko narcissism.

24. heidi says:

Randy really looks like she wants to make out with Julia in that picture.

• jack mccain's napoleon complex says:

Old Yella’s name is spelled Randi with an “i”. And I’m sure she was just playing along with her mentally sick “sister”.

• JayCray says:

I’m really curious how those even ended up as friends?

• Donksers says:

They do seem like the two most unlikely people to be friends but Randi is just as in love with Julia as Julia is with her. Randi is a really nice person…I hope she doesn’t get contaminated by Donkey.

• Donksers says:

Oh, and as far as how they got to be friends…I think it all started when Julia forced her way in to Randi’s birthday party. It was before my time but other people here would know the details.

• Shamoolia says:

It was a bachelorette party. I think she saw her as a stepping stone to Mark. She did not get far. Infiltrating families via sister to get to a prominent brother seems to be her favorite MO.

• Prof. F Camping, Doctor of Donkology says:

’twas before the bachelorette party. they first met at SXSW in 08. then julia forced her way into randi’s vegas bachelorette party.

• aff says:

bachelorette party. julia was kind of stalking randi at that point. she met her in passing at some conference, then they became fb friends. then julia realized randi was having a bachelorette party and julia pretended “oh wow i’m going to be in vegas that week too!” (she wasn’t, but she made arrangements) and then she ended up spending the entire weekend with randi because, of course, she really wasn’t in town for anything else.

being a zuckerberg, and thus being weird as fuck like her brother, randi failed to see this as worrisome behavior. instead, she kind of likes julia’s obsessive attention, probably bc randi is kinda ugly and probably was mostly ignored in school growing up–similar to mark, really

She befriended her in the hopes of bagging her brother.

Didn’t work with Randi. Worked with Megatits.

• aff says:

yeah, but zuckerberg already had a relationship with priscilla chan dating back to maybe 03-04 so donkey never had a chance with mark

25. JayCray says:

Was that e-mail sent by one of the RBD admins or was it forwarded to them? Just curious…

26. jpa says:

I know people are tempted to send her emails about things that impact them personally (she’s said things that I find personally insulting. I think that’s probably the case for everyone) But the thing is, you’re NEVER going to be right. If she says the sky is green and you say it’s blue, she’s going to argue with you, insult you and call you a hater or bully. It’s clear she’s a narcissist/sociopath. This email doesn’t really shock me because she doesn’t see anything wrong with what she said or even really comprehend what the writer is saying. The only part she reads about it is that SHE did something wrong and that it’s an insult to her, so she fires back. This email may as well be about what she had for dinner last night. She construes negative feedback as a deep insult to her, one that will crack her facade, so she retaliates with the army.

True.

• Donksers says:

JPA….perfect assessment of Julia Allison.

• Meow_Mix says:

This is EXACTLY how people with personality disorders act. I have one family member who has BPD and another who probably doesn’t have NPD but has a lot of narcissistic behaviors.
      They are always right. You are always wrong, unless you agree with them. If you logically display and outline facts to the person, it does not matter. The narcissist (or person with personality disorder) believes that she is ALWAYS right.
      In my experience, no matter how big or small the issue, the Julias in my life always have to be right. If they are wrong, or an issue is grey with no defined right or wrong, my Julias become angry and defensive. They are cruel and nasty to the person with whom they are disagreeing. They take disagreement and criticism as a personal insult, and will eviscerate you over your perceived disloyalty. It’s a fucking nightmare to have a relationship with them.

• jpa says:

Agreed on all accounts. They can be so vicious to deal with and I can’t imagine dealing with Julia in person.

• Meow_Mix says:

Ugh, it’s a nightmare. Walking on eggshells all the time. Can’t be honest about my own feelings because my Julias will viciously attack me. Our respective relationships are all about what THEY want, what THEY feel.

I can only imagine what JA’s family has gone through with her. If anyone in her family were to address her negatively about the now-infamous rape tweet, she’d be like, “THE RAPE AFFECTED ME TOO! WHY ARE YOU SO SELFISH! I WAS INSIDE!” Once you’ve lived with someone like JA for awhile, you can practically write the script of their behaviors and reactions.

• Shamoolia says:

OMG yes. Can I just tell you that I am dealing with this RIGHT NOW with my own narcissist mother?? We actually just had a terse and nasty conversation a few minutes ago. The issue o’ the day (because if it is not one thing it’s a-fucking-nother) is her smoking. I have a baby. I will absolutely not let her smoke around the baby, nor do I like to to even hold or handle the baby because smoke is all over her clothing, skin and hair. She’s visiting this weekend and as usual, she trots out the smoking issue like it is some kind of affront to her and we are “punishing” her by “keeping the baby away” No thought to the baby’s health or well being at all. My husband is a bit more vocal about it than I am so this is of course translated as “BOO HOO YOUR HUSBAND HATES MEEEEE”

OMG. I just cant’ It’s one thing to cut a friend out of your life but it’s another thing to cut your mom out of your life. Jacy, how do you deal?

• My nostrils are TOTALLY symmetrical! says:

I’m in the process of cutting my father out of my life but thankfully, he’s lousy at trying so I wish I had some advice for you but I don’t. I do not answer his EXTREMELY rare phone calls. And now I’m working on requesting my brothers do not get involved with trying to mend our relationship. Hoping to be shitty-dad free by 2012.

• Meow_Mix says:

I’ve somewhat successfully cut my BPD mother out of my life. It is extraordinarily difficult knowing that I have a mother but that I don’t at the same time. I can’t even put into words the complex and conflicting feelings it arises, but I’ve learned that I have to put the guilt aside because when she is in my life, she takes over my life and it destroys me emotionally.

I’m working on emotionally disengaging from my narcissist father, and that’s probably even more difficult. He’s not diagnosed with anything, but he has a huge ego and is a huge narcissist. He is really one of the only support systems I have, so it’s really hard to lose that, but I’ve reached the breaking point with it being all about him all the time. He’s sensed that I’m trying to disengage emotionally, and has been treating me like shit because he feels that I’m being “disloyal.” He has many similar tendencies to JA.

tl:dr, but the only advice I can give to people in similar situations is if it comes down to your emotional health with your own Julia, cut. them. off. If having a toxic person in your life is negatively affecting you, it’s going to be extraordinarily difficult to have them out of your life but it feels soooo much better in the long run.

• tots mcakez is tots mind baughling says:

I am going through this with my brother who is a raging sociopath. The hard part for me, and my mom, is that he has severe financial difficulties and though we always try to cut him off, it is hard to see someone you love (even though you hate how they are) starve or go homeless.

I have no advice, just empathizing.

• tots mcakez is tots mind baughling says:

Oddly enough, though, I am the one person my brother seems to respect and admire. Which makes things very weird, because it is the most ‘love’ he has shown anyone in a long time, even though it is a relatively superficial ‘love.’

It doesn’t save me from his tyrannical rages when I oppose him, though. He tries to avoid confrontations with me, more than others at least, but that doesn’t help the rest of my family when they live six hours away and see him all the time. I just wish I could be there for THEM more.

The other sad thing is that my other brother and I (the only two financially secure/responsible people in our family) can no longer offer financial support, because it is enabling him (and our other selfish brother) to take advantage of my mom/grandma, despite their attempts to say no.

Jesus. Sorry for just being an emotional dump.

• Shamoolia says:

It’s just so gut wrenching for me. I live in a different city and have been able to keep a healthy and happy distance but not matter what, every single visit ends in tears for me. I love her, but I just cannot deal with the emotional abuse anymore, even in small doses. How do you even bring it up and try to heal? Stand up to it? Make them try to see what they’re doing? I really do want to have a healthy relationship for my own sake and I’d like my baby to have a relationship with her grandmother (I was very close to my grandmother – her mother – because raging narcissists do not make the best mothers) but it seems like an impossibility without therapy and she would NEVER do that.

GAAHHH and now she just sends me some cheesy, apologetic FWD email. Like that makes everything better.

• You’re not the one who made the relationship toxic and therefore you’re not the one who can choose to have a healthy relationship. You can have a good relationship with people you have chosen, whom you can trust, but sometimes when the parent doesn’t act like the parent you have to stop being their child.

• Shamoolia says:

re: not acting like the parent. That is another huge issue for us. Every time she visits, she goes out to concerts and what not (I live in a bigger city than her) and stays out late partying. It’s hurtful because it’s like I am an afterthought/ free lodging for the visit. Like, once I actually stayed up until she got home and we got into a yelling match about how late she stayed out when we had to work the next day. It was JUST LIKE I was the parent and she was the child. So infuriating.

• well I’m not your therapist or whatever, but (and I’m sure you already know this), now you have your own child to raise. You shouldn’t have to deal with ridiculous teenage behavior until you have an actual teenager.

if she won’t play by your rules then stop being in the game with her. It takes energy away from your baby.

• Meow_Mix says:

Shamoolia, for me and my mother it was awful. She would be nice to me for a few days/weeks/months, then out of nowhere scream at me and not contact me for a few more weeks/months. I would never know what would set her off. I finally made the decision, with the advice of my therapist, to just cut off all contact. I changed my phone number. She doesn’t know my email. She doesn’t know where I live. She was completely resistant to therapy and would not hear any criticism about her actions. Even when I took a stand and said, “Mom I stopped talking to you because you called me a ‘fucking good for nothing cunt'” she had an excuse as to why it was okay to call me that. I realized then that it was over.

With my dad, I’ve made the decision to keep it light. I visit him once in a while and keep conversation superficial and light. I don’t disclose a lot of things, because I know how he mocks my accomplishments and makes me feel like shit.

The saddest thing that I’ve learned and that you may have to learn as well if your mom is similar to my parents, is that there may never be a healthy relationship there. Ever. And I’ve just had to accept that fact (I’m still in the process of accepting it) and move forward from there.

• aff says:

I did a pretty similar thing about 4 years ago. I realized I’d been paying a price for trying to keep alive a toxic relationship, so I just stopped visiting and calling. When they (parents) finally started calling me, around 6 months later, I’d already moved on and realized how much less stress I had in my life. How much more I could enjoy friends and focus on work, etc.

This is a good time of year to to this–no holidays coming up. You’ll be fine. Be strong, cut them off.

• Live Dependently says:

I relate to your comment a lot. Once a few weeks after a big fight during a visit with my parents, my mother emailed me a forward of the black eyed peas performing their song “good day” with a flash mob, and when I spoke to my father he said she told him she’d apologized. That wordless email was the apology, although in her case that really was an attempt at making an effort and she really doesn’t know how to apologize better.

I got therapy and dealt with my own issues and my mother never changed much but I became better able to deal with it and keep her in my life at a distance. Actually, I think as I’ve reacted differently over time she has actually got less explosive or mean with her remarks.

It wasn’t easy to find a good therapist and they are expensive. One blamed me, saying I enjoyed the conflict with my mother, which isn’t remotely true. Anyway as others have said you unfortunately can’t change your mom.

• aff says:

Most people will understand you if you explain it to them. It sucks your first therapist came into it with a preconceived notion of things. If you yourself were able to get passed the guilt of disassociating with your parents, you’ve already decided it’s the right thing.

• Shamz, I am sooo sorry you have to deal with this. You are 100% right in your actions and I am glad your husband is supporting you. It must be very difficult.

• Shamoolia says:

Thanks for the support guys. Another day, another reason this place is awesome.

• tots mcakez is tots mind baughling says:

Shamz — I just commented in chat that I (while reading this thread) fucking love this site, and our chat.

We may be haters, but we are therapeutic, helpful, encouraging, and service-y all at the same time.

If she stopped and noticed anything not directly about her, JA would boil from rage that she has not even the faintest hint of such a network in all her online promotion. We are such a more amazing community than she could ever hope to have.

This.

I know it well. You are bang on.

Mother, ex-husband — described to a T.

• jpa says:

Sadly, I do too.

• Me too. Mom would always break my heart. I would give her another chance, and then she finally pulled a stunt that would have made Donkey proud. I cut her out completely. Best thing I ever did. Life goes on.

• aff says:

It’s still a little bit hard a times, right? Like every 6 months or so when you get a call out of nowhere and you get this weepy message, right? That’s what happens to me. I just delete. But I’d be lying if I said it was easy or I didn’t feel any guilt. THen, a few hrs later, I think back and remember all the times I tried to make it work and got crapped on.

• Truthfully? No. Maybe I’m just a prick, but I don’t find it hard at all. I never did. Everyone would break my balls to be nice to her, and finally I just couldn’t act anymore.

• aff says:

People tried to break my balls to be nice to them (in my case, both parents). I never told anyone the reason, but finally someone else apparently told my friends and suddenly everyone was on my side.

Still, it’s hard right when I get a call. It makes it easier when I remember that they’re financially set for life and live on the beach. So I never buy the fact that they really regret anything. I think it will be harder when I have kids, though. To borrow one of Julia’s lines, “Maybe it’s biology?”

I doubt I’ll ever let them back in though. It would take so much and it’s not in their nature. I think they only hang out with people who agree with them, and since they’re married they have each other for company.

Thanks for sharing your story, man. I get out when I was 25 and it’s only been a few yrs. I assume you’ve cut her off longer, so maybe it gets easier…

• Youll be fine. Fuck em. Live your life.

27. Meow_Mix says:

What does she not understand?? It’s not like someone just randomly dug up the Tribune articles from the 90’s out of nowhere and was harassing Julia over her mother’s rape.
    She tweeted about the rape to thousands of her followers, and she has a public twitter, so anyone around the world with internet access can read her tweet.
    So how is addressing it “none of your business?” WTF Julia. I think she has serious cognitive issues.

28. New Year New You says:

“Why don’t we keep the focus on combatting violence against women?” she tweets, before she goes straight back to posting 6000 pictures of her tits, and getting her unpaid intern to walk behind her carrying her bag and coat. Despicable cunty donkey.

29. KrakenSkulls says:

From Julia’s comment feed

by onesong02
    you look lovely…why no link to mary?

by juliaallison
    Thank you! Not sure what site Mary is blogging at now …

Really? REALLY? Maybe someone should give her Mary’s blog URL so she can put it on her site! 😀

• KrakenSkulls says:

Dear Stupid Sociopath,

You could have deflected this easily by saying “Mary isn’t at NS anymore, she is at http://morethanmary.com/ Thanks!” and moved right along. Now you look like a bigger asshole by pretending you don’t know the URL to your ex-best friend’s blog. Even I know it and I have never read it! Also, you left the issue still up in the air. “why no link to mary?” Indeed, why Julia, why? GOD you are dumb. Even with interns you can’t handle SHIT!

• I thought they were LIKE SISTERS!!!!!!!!

OH my GOD. Have you seen the latest dress? From last night? Someone should tinypic it so we don’t give her traffic, but it’s horrendous.

31. idiotbox says:

Why would she not give an example of her own rape on twitter is what I want to know? Assuming that it had happened, and it’s probable, why would her response mention someone else’s rape rather than her own? It would make a much stronger point. Perhaps she’s afraid that it would show her as “damaged goods” to a certain MacKane family?

• New Year New You says:

Exactly right, because “SHE JUST LOVES TO SHARE”. Isn’t her “love of sharing” supposed to be the basis for her liecasting.

• itsjustme says:

Yeah, makes no sense.

• Hugs from Denmark (IP Address: Chicago) says:

Unless, of course, the rape didn’t occur. Because if you’re grasping for authority, wouldn’t the first thing you mention be your own experience.

• tots mcakez is tots mind baughling says:

Why would it make her ‘damaged goods’ in light of Cindy’s recent campaigns to rehabilitate rape victims in Africa? If anything, that would endear her to Mommy, and also possibly absolve her of some of her awful behavior in CindyMac’s mind.

She didn’t mention it because she went with the first reaction trump card, a truth rather than a falsehood.

Additionally, mentioning that publicly might cause Jack to ask questions (of the concerned variety) and she’d have to dump legalese and lie.

• Big Head Fraud & the Blondsters says:

DITTO.

32. justsohappytofoundyouall!! says:

GOOD LORD!! Ever since RBNS was taken down I have been so bummed. I AM NOT ASHAMED TO SAY I AM HAPPY TO HAVE FOUND THIS! I missed this.

• Worrisome Pelts, PhDonk says:

Hugs and cupcakes, bunny!

Pull up a flotation device and join us in the Sea of Cray!

• justsohappytofoundyouall!! says:

🙂 yayyy!

So I saw Donks in person for the first time in Nov/Dec. It was unreal. She was walking up 6th Ave (near 57th Street) and she was wearing SO much make up it was absurd. Total cake face.

She’s such a douche.

33. Freeloading Musketeers says:

Nowhere in this exchange did she mention whether her mother was currently ok with being public about the rape. It’s all about how she was open about it 20 years ago. A solid defense against this person would have been to say, “I’ve talked about this with my mother, and she is okay with my going public.” That Julia doesn’t use this in her argument makes it clear she has not spoken with her mother about putting it on Twitter. I sincerely hope that this is something Robin would not be hurt by, or if it is, that she never finds out.

• Big Head Fraud & the Blondsters says:

20 years is a longggg time — lot’s of time to heal as much as possible & call that dark day long ago a closed chapter — for Donkey to stamp her hooves & rip someone else’s scab off to hold up as her own battle scar is such atrocious behavior — I truly hope RB has monumental strength to avoid any emotional set-back as a result of the selfish whims of her inconsiderate daughter.

34. Captain Gary says:

I must say, I love it when she gets all “HOW DARE YOU! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED! I WON’T DISCUSS THIS ANYMORE!”
    Not only is it a terrible way to win an argument — trust me, my wife will tell you I love to win a good argument (see the finding of a measuring tape when a friend claimed he could leap from one rooftop to the next) — but it absolutely reeks of the arguing style of a spoiled child. It reeks of someone who sees herself as above the rules, better than others, over-indulged and mentally-deficient.
    It reminds me of some punk rich kid dressing down the maid.
    In short, it reeks of someone who is totally bankrupt — intellectually, morally, spiritually and so on, as well as someone who has no concept of how to relate to other people.

• tots mcakez is tots mind baughling says:

Yeah, for someone who brags about being on the high school debate team, her arguments are certainly weak as fuck. She relies too much on anecdotal evidence and she is notorious for ‘dropping arguments.’ I should break out a flow sheet and do a diagram of this bullshit exchange. Then I’d have to change my PhDonk major away from Anti-Animal-Exploitation Studies (except when it comes to really cute juniors wear or hot guys!) to Lack-of-Communications major.

I can’t imagine they were particularly as a pairing, unless her partner was out-fucking-standing.

(Says a high school debate coach , and a national medalist in college debate, back before expiration. #omghumblebrag)

35. Donkeys Have Expiration Dates says:

My favorite part about this tweet debacle: Julia was essentially *bragging* about her mother’s rape. She was dropping in into a conversation to establish her credentials in the same way that someone might bring up an advanced degree or a weighty book they had read.

• Prof. F Camping, Doctor of Donkology says:

Eckhart Tolle! Rape! It’s all the same!

• Big Head Fraud & the Blondsters says:

For Whom the Bray Tolles?

This isn’t so weighty, but I’m looking forward to reading this 7-part series:
          Julia Allison and the Sorcerer’s Nose Job
          Julia Allison and the Subsidized Chamber of Pinkness
          Julia Allison and the Prisoner of an Inconvenient Marriage with Another Woman
          Julia Allison and the Goblet of Lilly’s Tears
          Julia Allison and the Order of the Free MacBook Air
          Julia Allison and the Half-Her-Apparent-Age McPrince
          Julia Allison and the Deathly Lack of Employable Skills

• Prof. F Camping, Doctor of Donkology says:

and a fauxtoshoot for each book cover! i’d read ’em! where can i pre-order? 🙂

• Donkeys Have Expiration Dates says:

Is it pathetic that I’m seriously tempted to pen some Julia Allison at Hogwarts fanfiction injected with bits of Crime and Punishment? My cats think it’s a good idea, but I think they might just be sucking up to me in hope of extra food.

• tots mcakez is tots mind baughling says:

We HAVE all been admiring how much the anti-sentiment has spread, per Streisand Effect.

That would also qualify as genuine satire. I would be willing to contribute some “Great Griftsby” (JA Griftsby) meets “Gone with the (Ceiling Cat’s induced) Wind” (Shillrate Fake’Hair) fan-fic, while you were at it.

• tots mcakez is tots mind baughling says:

Oh, wait! “Great Griftsby is Gone with the Cleanse”!

• Expert Gay says:

Yeah, but Julia would never get into Hogwarts. She’d be a Squib.

36. Donkeys Have Expiration Dates says:

I’d never root for the breakup of even Donkey’s absolutely ideal family, but wouldn’t it be amazing if this incident so enraged Momsers that, even for a moment, she ventured here to romp with us and our kittehs? So much fun!

• i had that thought too and it was delicious.

I have many questions for her though so she should probably stay away.

• Shamoolia says:

It’s kind of ironic how donkey’s latest indiscretion has turned a lot of Bogger family critics into Momsers fans. We used to bag on her a lot saying that a she raised a terrible daughter, how could she pose with the Easterwhore etc. and while her daughter is still terrible (even more than we ever imagined) I’ve kind of begun to root for her in the past couple of days. Dadsers is another story.

• cupcake cray cray says:

same here. plus I think the fact that britt is a productive member of a society shows that the parenting went right somewhere, at least.

I feel much more sorry for mama baugher now. I mean, she gave up a pretty impressive career to have a family, then has this terrible ordeal she went through, where she was brave enough to confront her attacker and be a voice for other women (at a time when very few people were willing to do so). then her daughter turns into this entitled, hyper-sexualized loon, she fights with her parents to have co-ed sleepovers when she’s still in high school, they send her to a catholic college where she writes a sex column (and I’m wondering now if her mom agreed to edit it to try and keep some of the sex from going too far) and cries rape to shirk her responsibilities (also, wouldn’t that sex column have been the perfect place to address date rape? she had the platform, strange that she chose not to use it for an issue so close to her heart), she graduates college and takes pictures of herself in her panties on an old man’s lap, and she continues to use sex as her currency…

for a woman who was a president’s speechwriter at a time when women were not given important roles like that…it has to be so painful and such an embarrassment to have a daughter who sets women’s rights back about 50 years.

• aff says:

britt did turn out well and allie seems awesome.

donkey is a failure. she can probably only “redeem” herself, in her parents eyes, by marrying money.

• Donkey Clydesdale says:

Brit ‘n Allie are adorable, responsible adults. The more i study Donkology, I think the wacky genes come from Daddy Baugher and the weird grandma.

37. Jacy says:

I am going to go somewhere that I perhaps shouldn’t go.

But does the victim of a traumatic date rape then spend the next few years dressing up in mini-skirts with tits hanging out to almost every public event she attends?

Perhaps that’s WHY she dressed that way, as an act of defiance, I don’t know. God knows the girls on the pole at the strip club generally have some bad experience of sexual assault/molestation in their pasts.

I am just throwing it out for discussion. She’s a mystery to me. Something must have caused this insanity. Could it be her mother’s experience and how it warped the family dynamic?

• If she was 8 when it happened, the family dynamic would have already been set.

• I Was Pancakes Slam Piece says:

She was practically nine when it happened if you do the math. Just pointing that out. But can anyone explain the contradiction that she claims to have been raised in the lake house since she was two yet according to this dust up, they were living in an apartment building with the laundry in the basement. If it’s her legalese, maybe her parents built it and GrammyMoneyBags lived there and mayble it’s the source of friction between Mom and Grandma.

• Big Head Fraud & the Blondsters says:

The apt living was a temporary living situation while the lake house was being gutted & renovated. In ordinary circumstances it wouldn’t seem a big deal to leave out this minor & boring detail, & now that it’s known there’s an horrific event tied to that time-frame, it makes more sense (to me, anyway).

• I AM A MUSE says:

still doesn’t make sense since she said her parents had it built when she was two — why would they gut and rennovate just seven years later.

• Donkeys Have Expiration Dates says:

Honestly, her mother’s rape probably didn’t have much effect on the myriad ways in which today’s Julia is a life-sucking cancer on society.

• Donkeys Have Expiration Dates says:

And as for Donkey’s own personal rape, I’ll lay 3-1 odds that it never happened.

• Shamoolia says:

Why should you not go there? I think it’s a valid topic for discussion. She is the one who publicized her mother’s past trauma and she actively promotes her hypersexual caricature on her blog every day. She posted a picture of her chicken cutlets yesterday, for chrissakes!

A lot of people here mentioned Electra complex. I personally think she has a bit of ugly duckling syndrome. From all accounts, she was an ugly lonely loser growing up. A nose job and a sex column later, a monster was created.

• Donkeys Have Expiration Dates says:

Another thing that annoys me about Donk: I’m prett sure that despite her elaborate talk and costumes, she has little to no actual interest in sex. All you Donkologists have read how she talks about sex. It bores her. The sex column thing is an act. She’s interested not in sex, but in having the kind of power that attractive, sexually hyperaware women have in these hurr parts. Having sex? Julia and Lilly yawn simultaneously. Julia would rather post fake comments to her tumblr while neglecting Lilly.

• Jacy says:

Actually, apparently Lilly barks frantically when she’s getting banged.

• Stop Staring says:

She bases her worth on attracting men, so while she may not actually care about sex per se, it’s the attraction part that matters the most — and, of course, documenting it for all the world to see just how well she attracts the male gaze *cough*.

• Braysitive Property says:

Two nose jobs…none of which were necessary…oh the self-loathing.

• aff says:

2 nose jobs, a chin implant, and a bunch of Dr Bobby’s restylane and botox treatments.

money well spent, dad$ter.

• Stop Staring says:

Chin implant? Really?

• aff says:

look at pictures of her through the years, you’ll see. you can see the diff noses, too. she’s had 2 nose jobs, so she’s on her 3rd nose.

• Sausage Snappers says:

I dunno, chins that are big to begin with tend to get bigger with age, or at least appear to. See: Reese Witherspoon. She has her dad’s chin.

• tireless entertainment lawyer Ryan and my tireless literary agent Kate and my even more tireless and indefatigable manager Steven says:

sometimes I wonder about the nose jobs and face/ teeth work she’s had.

When I was born my father made a nasty comment about me having dark hair and dark hair being inferior. But my mother had hair like me and it made me never feel bad about it.

Now if I knew that my mother changed her hair deliberately so it would not look like the kind that I have I would have felt so ugly. So I am hoping if Julia has a daughter that she doesn’t turn out w/her old nose. Afterall if mother thought it was pretty and wanted to look like this she would have wanted it to stay.

It doesn’t suprise me when alot of people get nose jobs whose mothers did. They probably feel they have a face their mother cant love when they look great. So sad 🙁

• Big Head Fraud & the Blondsters says:

Donkey’s already proven incapable of public or private discussion on the matter, so by all means, please do go there, as in: let’s ‘ keep the focus on combatting violence against women’ (men & children too) by having an open discourse here.

• virgil reid says:

a few years ago, my best friend at the time was raped – the details were/are very sketchy and she had sex with her ex boyfriend the day after so trying to press charges turned out to be extremely challenging.

but after this happened, she started having sex with everyone she could. she said she needed to have sex and be naked with lots of people to feel better about herself and ended up contracting incurable STDs because of this period in her life.

its been a few years and shes never recovered. shes engaged to a guy who doesnt know she has genital warts and basically has no semblance of a personality left. she will do anything and everything to please a man.

i dont know if this is julia’s explanation, but my friend seemed to seek out sexual attention and experiences because of the rape.

• Jacy says:

This is what I wonder if it’s in fact true.

• Big Head Fraud & the Blondsters says:

Yes, but think about the time-line. She just said somewhere that date-rape took place in August right before her senior year (@ GU? In ILL?). She’s been dressing like a prostitot since elementary school, right?

• Big Head Fraud & the Blondsters says:

& by @ GU? In ILL?, I meant: Was she already back in her dorm or was she still at home for the summer; I didn’t mean at HS in ILL.

• tots mcakez is tots mind baughling says:

She also began seeking that sexual attention (the sleepovers column, her inappropriate present to HS boyfriend Cancer Dan) way before the alleged date rape.

Maybe it was more the ‘ugly ducking’ syndrome (I had a friend like this in high school — insecurely hypersexual, sucked/fucked every guy she could, especially ones who were interested in me, but too teenage boy to turn down a commitment-free blow job) meets college level awareness of how to actually wield such sexuality and at the same time use a manipulative ‘safety gate’ of crying rape.

Ugh. I do hate being a person who cries ‘fake’ at rape allegations, as we all know too many ways this has led to people being ashamed to come forward… but there are DEFINITELY people out there who pull a fake ‘rape card’ (my ex-boyfriend’s little sister did it every single time she broke up with someone, to get parental forgiveness for her own indiscretions) to excuse their actions. As uncomfortable as it is to have to question someone’s claims, it is also uncomfortable to allow genuine frauds to complicate an already complicated issue. The frauds are part of WHY many people are afraid to confront their aggressors.

• Donkadooball says:

@virgil reid – my best friend did the same thing. She was date raped in college and not long after it happened, she started sleeping with lots and lots of guys. I had no idea what she was doing until she confided in me one day (we were at different schools). After it happened, she started taking on the personality of whatever guy she was pursuing – if he was super religious, scripture quoting, church goer, then so was she. If he was a free-spirited hippie type, she was also, etc. etc. The whole thing was just so sad and frustrating to watch. We had a falling out a few years ago, but I genuinely hope she has sought out the help she needs.

• Princess WideStance says:

Like most people, I don’t believe her rape actually happened.

Julia was not born a beautiful princess, so I think her natural sense of entitlement probably caused her a lot of strife growing up. Why wasn’t everyone treating her the way she deserved to be treated??? Why weren’t they all bending to her will???

Regarding the sexual stuff – histrionic people have a tendency toward presenting themselves in an outlandish manner. It doesn’t necessarily even mean that she’s interested in sex. It’s the attention she needs like heroin.

• Ridonkulous says:

We will never know with certainly whether the “date rape” ever actually occurred. We have nothing but her word for it. What we DO know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, is that this woman is an opportunistic liar who will say whatever it takes to achieve the short-term goals her narcissism sets for her on any given day.

All we can do is draw our own conclusions using the information at hand.

• New Year New You says:

Yeah I don’t believe her. Let’s re-read this interview she gave in her senior year about her sex column. Doesn’t strike me as someone who’s suffered any kind of distress from assault:

• Bouncing Little Burro says:

Oh wow! So little has changed in the past 8 years. I don’t think I’ve ever met a person with SO little personal growth.

• Schroedinger's Cat Lady says:

“She expects to receive her BA in May of 2004 and her MA in 2005.”

HAHAHA

38. flatface says:

Just my 2-cents on this:

“Why do men still rape women?”

That to me is so revealing. Number one: what the fuck? Was men raping women some fad that she thinks should be over now?

Or does she think rape maybe rape entered the publiuc consciousness when it entered HERS? Like, when she was 8. And she can’t believe that now, 22 years later, it’s still going on? (A History of Rape, is a good book btw. Though she’d never read it).

Still?

Still raping women?

What, Julia, do you think we are just a publc awareness campaign away from ending rape? Like these guys iun Egypy who sexually assaulted (and maybe raped? I don’t know, it’s not been clear from what I read?) Lara Logan just didn’t understand what they were doing was wrong? That it was sexual – not violent. That this was like a party that got out of hand, with boys who misread signals from Logan? Right? This sort of scenario? Boys you need to edumecate? That they are not enlightened enough to know that a owman can walk around with out a head scarf and it not be an invitation to rape her? That’s your analysis?

Is this the 1988 afterschool special first day of women studies 101 shit you’re talking?

You’re saying you don’t get it? You don’t get rape? You don’t get violence in the world? This is just like a Georgetown party that gets out of hand, right, you simplelton?

(by the way why should we focus on violence against women? Why is that special again? Because women are “weaker” or something? I always forget. One sort of violence is worse than another right? That’s what that implies? And the type of guys who engage in “violence again women”, we can change them through Julia Allison type education, right? It’s not that what’s wrong with them is wrong all the way through right? It just never occurred to them that it was wrong, right? Good that akes me feel better. Let’s get a Susan Komen-style walk about this going)

• Jacy says:

I know. It was such a childish, simplistic, dumbass thing to say.

Sort of like WHY ARE GUNS STILL LEGAL?

And WHY DO MEN BREAK UP WITH WOMEN RIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS?

She is so dumb. Everything is just black and white with her, no grey areas, no nuances, no layers to any discussion or issue. People are good or bad, right or wrong, good or evil.

• Schroedinger's Cat Lady says:

WHY DO MEN BREAKUP WITH WOMEN RIGHT AFTER THEIR BI-COASTAL BIRTHDAY?!

Fixed it for you, Jacy.

39. WORD! says:

Someone sent me a link to this article on twitter and while I was reading it, I couldn’t help but think that as a ‘social media columnist/expert’, that Julia ignores all of these rules:
    Specifically #3, “3. If you propose to tweet, always ask yourself: Is it true? Is it necessary? Is it kind?
    Sometimes we post thoughts without considering how they might impact our entire audience. It’s easy to forget how many friends are reading. Two hundred people make a crowd in person, but online that number can seem insignificant. Before you share, ask yourself: is there anyone this might harm?”

40. CurlingIronsAtDawn says:

Becky Reader Today 01:51 PM in reply to juliaallison
    Where will the photos appear? On the cover of a magazine? Can’t wait to see them!
    Flag Like ReplyReply

juliaallison Today 02:17 PM in reply to Becky Reader

That Becky Reader is a gift that keeps on giving. “All of the personalities who come to his fashion week lounge”. Uh, then you got more than one shoot? Also, intern taking pictures of Julia getting her picture taken. This is why there are multiple layers of hell.

• Donksers says:

I absolutely love Becky Reader’s snark. Julia’s too stupid to know she’s being mocked even though a picture of Cindy McCain with a pancake on her head (when you click on the avatar) accompanies all of Becky’s comments!

• Canklehausen by Proxy says:

I think we should canonize Becky Reader. She is the patron saint of donkeys.

• Big Head Fraud & the Blondsters says:

“Oh I have no idea! Robert Verdi does a shoot with all of the personalities who come to his fashion week lounge!”

My dentist does the same thing! With all the kids who come to his dental clinic! And then their photo goes up on the dental clinic bulletin board!

#SimmerTheFuckDown

• Prof. F Camping, Doctor of Donkology says:

wait… isn’t a “personality”… kinda like a “celebrity”. but she’s not a celebrity!!!!!!

41. jpa says:

Even if she was raped (I’m not really interested in debating that), how hard is it to bring awareness to the issue? It’s obviously something that impacted her/her family. How hard is it to Google the RAINN hotline phone numbers, direct people to the website where they can get assistance or donate. ANYTHING.

She could have had the chance to make this not so horrible but instead she just left it dangling out there. That is what I think is the truly disgusting thing.

• Packing Canteloupes says:

Dude, she’s busy with fashion! Read her twitter feed. You see how much ass she has to kiss just to stay relevant? You plebes wouldn’t understand. She will TOTS address the theRapist issue when it is convenient for her.

42. donkey doo says:

julia “i was raped in college, tooooooo” allison

43. Rage, Rage Against the Dying of the Light (Barking Mad) says:

juliaallison: AHH! PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED! Virgin to ORD! RT @caro: @virginamerica starts flying to Chicago

Now she’s gushing over Virgin. Just by coincidence, PancakeMom was also gushing about it when she went out to SanD. Donks is so subtle, isn’t she?

44. Braysitive Property says:

Random pet peeve, why does Julia call everything a damn photo shoot? Hint, someone is just taking your picture, no need to gussy it all up.

• Donksers says:

Speaking of fauxtoshoots….is it against the law for women to pose for pictures without A) bending one knee, or B) crossing one leg in front of the other?

45. Donksers says:

On Donkey’s comments, Wheezy says:

“What magazine is this shoot for? You live such a glamorous life, darling Julia!”

The only comments she gets are from cat people making fun of her!

• aff says:

The slight chance that she thinks that comment is sincere made me vom in the shower a min ago.

• Donksers says:

I know! That’s what kills me about her…she actually believes all the fake fawning that’s coming from cat people..haha.

46. Prof. F Camping, Doctor of Donkology says:

testing
    [img]http://images1.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/5588222/oh-hai.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Social-Media-Expert[/img]

• Prof. F Camping, Doctor of Donkology says:

so go ahead and just use the [img] tag to insert pics. or use the little clicky link at the bottom.
      e.g.