Julia Allison: So Nice!

Julia is so nice, y’all. She never says anything mean about anyone and doesn’t stalk her ex-boyfriends ever. Foreman and Lodwick have absolutely nothing to worry about.

“By the way, what have you done that’s so great? Do you create anything, or just criticize others work and belittle their motivations?”

Steve Jobs, to Gawker employee, liar, and creative-person-belittler Ryan Tate (via jakelodwick)

The fact the she links to this Gawker post is quite odd, seeing how old it is. And although I thought Ryan Tate came off as a sanctimonious drunken tool in this exchange with the Apple CEO, there is no need for Julia’s insults toward the writer, especially since she has no insight or anything of value to add to the already dead conversation.

Something tells me she has been relentlessly sending Ryan Tate tips, as she always does, to write about her and they have gone unposted. Julia Allison: Ashram-y!

31 Responses to Julia Allison: So Nice!

1. idiotbox says:

She only reads Lodwick’s blog because THEY ARE HER MEMORIES TOO!

• Julia's Fat Ass says:

Also probably just a small nod to him that’s IT’S OKAY SHE’S NOT MAD ANYMORE YOU CAN RETURN HER CALLS AND EMAILS NOW!

She doesn’t actually insult Ryan–Lodwick did that. She just reblogged the insult.

But creepy it is to think that, while she’s going through HER precious archives, she also went through at least a month of Lodwick’s.

3. i wonder if she continued reading lodwick’s tumblr to this post:

…I think Facebook is engineered to make people addicted. They want you in a state of unconsciousness, so you will keep checking for nuggets of new social information.

Somehow, my life is fine — slightly better, even — whenever I’m not using Mark Zuckerberg’s Fantastical Book of Faces.

also, does this mean we can all talk about how hot lodwick is, again?

• Please do. Post pictures even.

• Darling is the New Precious says:

Agreed. I want to quite FB sooooo bad. It’s like a smoking addiction.

• EinsteinJulia says:

The best way to stop is cold turkey – go on vacation out of the country (or something else where you can’t get to internet) and then just never go back on. If you can wait a whole two weeks, go on but post nothing (not even like a post) because your connection is bad, and then wait another week, suddenly the addiction is gone.

It’s very freeing.

4. NorseHorse says:

Ryan actually said himself that he was drunk and aggro in that exchange. He wasn’t proud of that, but look, he got Steve Jobs himself to respond, he challenged the God of Tech, he got interesting replies, it was a fascinating exchange, and made for a good read. A minor scoop, even.

So if I have this straight, Julia is reblogging Lodwick’s old quoting of Jobs’ diss of Tate. From months ago. Quel fuck her. I don’t know him at all, but Ryan Tate does some solid work, some fine reporting and interesting posts. That Jobs diss was only a fragment of a longer interesting exchange. Her seeming approval of the out-of-context diss is pathetically ironic applied to herself.

What have you done that’s so great, Julia? Tate regularly writes interesting news on the tech beat, something you seem to know less about than my mom, seriously.

• KrakenSkulls says:

This is the most childish comeback since “I know you are but what am I?” I’ve heard in some time and it’s no surprise coming from Steve “I park in handicapped spaces with no license plate cuz I’m rich and yr not” Jobs.

Are you going to lash out at the entire movie/book/theater critic community too? I’m pretty sure it is their job to just criticize other people’s work and not produce any output. Look at Roger Ebert, arguably the most famous movie critic alive. What did he contribute to film? A piece of fucking trash called “Valley of the Dolls”.

As usual, Jubilee Albertsons demonstrates her complete inability to understand irony. Insulting someone’s lack of creativity by directly pasting a comment by someone else insulting that person’s creativity? Nice. Maybe she just wants Lodwick to pay attention to her again instead of the voices in his head. Either that or she is hell-bent on burning EVERY possible bridge in her Rolodex.

• Pink Ruffled Cheese says:

Um. Beyond the Valley of the Dolls is pretty fantastic. It’s not quite true camp because it’s satire, but it’s still campy in all the right ways.

• Julia's Fat Ass says:

I honestly read it as a dig at us, like YOU FUCKING HATERS ALL YOU DO IS HATE ALL DAY AND LOOK AT ME CREATING A BLOGGING EMPIRE OF NITWITS! BE JEALOUS!! FEAR ME!!!!!!

Also, it’s true, you’d think after the first few billion fucking dollars someone would be over this kind of thing. Does he really fucking care what some pissant blogger thinks or writes? Nothing worse than a rich asshole with a god complex. I’m looking at you Jobs, oh yeah, I said it, come get me.

• DirtyLakeMichigan says:

@ JFA
        “A blogging empire of nitwits!” < I lol'd
        I think Non-Society should consider this name.

• RollsRoyceRevenge says:

Kraken, I love you dearly, but “Beyond the Valley of the Dolls” has its defenders and I think holds up as a legitimate piece of social satire. Also, not to get into Julia’s motives, but I do not get at all the Lodwick love on this site. He proved himself pretty conclusively in his war against Pareene and Julia to be a class-conscious schmuck who neede his mother to wage his wars for him. And he is the color of that glass of milk with the lightbulb in it in that Hitchcock film where you are supposed to think the milk is maybe poison.

Do. Not. Want.

• KrakenSkulls says:

@RRR
        i knew i would catch shit for the Dolls thing. My point was Ebert judges so much oscar shit, and to see that as his only contribution is funny.

Cat ladies love Lodwick. It is a fact and you just have to accept it.

5. Pink Ruffled Cheese says:

She is just jealous because Ryan is tiny and cute.

6. Emily Gould's Trusty Google Alert says:

This is obviously directed at RBNS, but it doesn’t really work as an insult because most of us have “jobs” that consist of more than posting blurry self-portraits on tumblr.

• I can say that in addition to writing two posts on a hate blog today, working on my job’s website, running a shit load of errands in the morning, I also secured $30,000 in sponsorship/funding for an initiative we are doing to highlight disability resources.

Suck it, you retarded donkey.

• ltfromnyc says:

JP – you’re so ineffable, darling! Congrats!

• It's Always Shitty in Donkadelphia says:

“I also secured $30,000 in sponsorship/funding for an initiative we are doing to highlight disability resources.”

WooHoo, kudos, that. For real.

How much has Julia Allison Baugher raised towards her $10k goal for her Susan G. Komen 3-day clomp? Oh wait … she got the tennies w/ her name emblazoned in pink, so she’s covered the really important bases for charitable endeavors.

Frikken Cunt.

• totaljing says:

Yeah, congrats. I write grants on the side, and it’s not easy to secure funding right now. Must had a been a damn good proposal!

7. New Year New You says:

I think we take our work criticizing and belittling Julia very seriously. The greatness of the creativity on this site is ineffable. It should win awards so that we too can go to awards ceremonies in pouf, and finally be recognized for our contribution to society, the arts and the lols.

8. Darling is the New Precious says:

She and Lodwick should just STFU about Tate. Ryan Tate is a journalist with a job. He has a fine mental bridgework, something they both lack. He has also, despite the cray that has surrounded the Gawk for years, been a decent, kind person, even to people who are nobodies. That is something she could never say. Julia Allison Baugher, you’re not a good person. You’re disgusting. You disgust me. You inspire disgust. You only have yourself to blame for the disgust and disrepute which surrounds you. Jesus, I hate this woman. Repulsive child.

• XX says:

To be fair, Ryan Tate did publish ugly things about Chelsea Clinton while in college (and hid behind “satire,” but whatever). But Julia is probably just jeals he went to Stanford.

• Fameball Wizard says:

Truth. Tate is a pretty good writer, but like most of his tech-blogger and Gawker counterparts he does seem to take an unnecessary amount of pride in belittling people (Gawker went way over the line in making fun of the kid who lost the iPhone in the bar, but I don’t think that was Tate).

I’d argue that he’s gone too far in his mockery of J-Lod when J-Lod may very well be mentally ill.

• Tate didn’t used to be this way as far as I can tell. I always thought he was an upstanding guy, but lately he has been pretty agressive regarding larger tech companies. What I love about this iteration of Valleywag/Gawker is that he almost never writes about Tech fameballs like Paul Carr, et. all, who have never really accomplished anything. He seems to stick to mainstream established tech companies and gossip related to them.

9. Crazy's Not a Brand says:

I think she just wrote this because it appears Lodwick just moved in with his girlfriend, a tiny and cute professional ballet dancer. Which are all things that Julia wanted for herself. I think this is an attempt to remind JL that she exists:

“HEY JAKE! Have you checked out my blog? I recently got sane and skinny at an ashram, and I work out all the time now and am vegan, and I’m full of perspective now and LOOK, we totally agree about very important things like this Tate guy! So I know you may have found what you were looking for with this other chick, but we have so much in common now and I’m sorry and I HAVE CHANGED and wasn’t what we had special? There were horses and beaches! What you blogged is now on my blog, and that’s created a new special memory we can share!”

And….. I’m homeless, and I hear you’re inviting chicks to come live with you. So….

• EinsteinJulia says:

Ding ding ding! Yoohoo, JL, member me? I’m all hipster now, only better! Ask ME to move in with you instead! I promise I’ll be good til Sep 20!