Julia Allison Is A Nice Person and Full of Cupcake Wisdom, OK?

“When you are prepared to find fault, you will. When you are prepared to find goodness and value, you will. What you are looking for determines what you find. What you are expecting determines what you experience.”

Ralph Marston

This applies to both situations (and the way we tend to build a false construct around a “good” day or a “bad” day) and, most worryingly, people.

When you look for the bad in people, you will surely find it.  It will come to you.  But if you look for the good, you might be surprised.  People aren’t always so terrible when you give them a chance. 🙂

Oh really now.

23 Responses to Julia Allison Is A Nice Person and Full of Cupcake Wisdom, OK?

1. Sacred Scrapbooks says:

Kant she shut up?

2. It's Always Shitty in Donkadelphia says:

“I spotted this closet-to-an-office makeover after bright-eyed reader sent it in from One Shoe Daily.”

In other words, you were blind ’til you could see.

p.s.
    STUPID, FREAKIN’. DONKEY.

• JuLIAR Allison says:

Whoops, Donkey gave herself away there didn’t she. Half of that sentence is true. She *did* spot the office makeover while she was trawling the interwebs pretending to work. A reader, however, didn’t send it in to her.

Hee haw!

3. Wonkeye says:

That Julie Albertson, droppin’ mad knowledge, yo. It’s like she can see inside my soul sometimes.

4. itsjustme says:

She’s posting at almost 1 am again. So much for being ashramy.

5. itsjustme says:

And why are ‘readers’ sending her pictures of famous people? Did I miss something?

6. RollsRoyceRevenge says:

I like to think that the picture above is the very last thing a dying My Pretty Pony sees.

7. Super Saggers & Creepy Daddy Issues says:

And the pic of Kim Kardashian some “reader” emailed to her? Riiiight.

And she gives me hope that I too can pull off a tiny, curve-hugging dress, despite the fact that I don’t have a stick-thin bod.

Sure, Donkey. Maybe I’ll email her a picture of LeBron James and that’ll convince her that even though she’s not tall, not in shape, and has no athletic skills, she can be the most sought-after free agent in the history of the NBA!

It’s just as realistic.

• THAT BITCH STOLE MY TIARA! says:

Kim is fucking FIT. Obviously. That shit is tight. No one ever said stick thin is the only way, Julie. But if you live in photos, you must work out, no matter what the final result will be (‘stick thin’ or ‘curvey’).

• Super Saggers & Creepy Daddy Issues says:

Exactly. KK has what the kids call a “banging bod.” I’ve got curves, but I’m also a size 4, and the same height that Jaba the Nut used to claim to be (before she mysteriously gained an inch).

• The Missing Davos Report says:

Um, WHAT? That’s the point, Julia – a tiny, “curve-hugging” dress works for those who have *curves*! One of the best photos I’ve seen of Julia (and I think the mods said so as well) was her in that body-hugging pencil skirt.

8. Jacy says:

That does it.

9. Julia's Fat Ass says:

Except for you dickhead. You really are that terrible.

10. Scooby Don't says:

I love the quote game. It’s the McDonalds of wisdom.
    Here you go Donkey, some more Ralph Marston quotes for you to graze on:
    “Let go of your attachment to being right, and suddenly your mind is more open. You’re able to benefit from the unique viewpoints of others, without being crippled by your own judgment.”
    “Rest when you’re weary. Refresh and renew yourself, your body, your mind, your spirit. Then get back to work.”
    “Make it a habit to tell people thank you. To express your appreciation, sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return. Truly appreciate those around you, and you’ll soon find many others around you. Truly appreciate life, and you’ll find that you have more of it.”

But this Marston guys is just an amateur, donks! You want the best, you need the best, hell you deserve the best in intellectual enablement.

I deserve good things. I am entitled to my share of happiness. I refuse to beat myself up. I am attractive person. I am fun to be with.

Stuart Smalley. He’s about your speed!

11. FaFail Waldorf says:

Whatever, I just hate fat people. Sorry, JAB.

12. LT from NYC says:

“…most worryingly…”

WTF???

13. It's Trajectory says:

All of those girls just look so very average. Sorry, NYC has affected my definition of pretty.